Turner for a #1,or swap of #1s

This kid has proven that he's nothing but an excellent #2. He's never lived at the top of the opposition's defensive game plan. He's never lugged the seed 25 times in a game (at least not more than once). There's not a lot of history that he is the everydown back and consistently reliable on passing situations.

It's been said here a few times now... why would he garner a #1 if Alexander and the Edge wouldn't? Willis garnered 2 3s and a seven being a known quantity.

What team is going to give up a #1 ... or even a #2 for this kid? Why not tell AJ Smith to kiss our collective asses and offer him a "take it leave it" 3rd rounder? I seriously doubt anyone's going to pay more... and if they do, so what. Next year's draft is rich in the RB dept... and personally I'd rather see the Bills select Mike Hart with their #1 next year than give up this year's #1 for Turner. And, Turner will also be an UFA after next year... So... AJ... kiss my ass... take the 3 now or get nothing next year.

There are greater needs at LB and CB for this team right now. They should not give up anything more than a #3 for Turner.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, people here who throw around the #1 pick as fair compensation are impatient.

there is absolutley no reason to even consider a 1str rd pick be involved in getting Turner.

LOL @ never proven himself to be nothing but a #2...

If Tiki Barber, Willis McGahee, Maroney, or Westbrook were on the Chargers last year, THEY WOULD HAVE ALL been a #2 RB on that depth chart...

Would you say the same thing about those guys???

Cmon open your eyes

This kid has proven that he's nothing but an excellent #2. He's never lived at the top of the opposition's defensive game plan. He's never lugged the seed 25 times in a game (at least not more than once). There's not a lot of history that he is the everydown back and consistently reliable on passing situations.

It's been said here a few times now... why would he garner a #1 if Alexander and the Edge wouldn't? Willis garnered 2 3s and a seven being a known quantity.

What team is going to give up a #1 ... or even a #2 for this kid? Why not tell AJ Smith to kiss our collective asses and offer him a "take it leave it" 3rd rounder? I seriously doubt anyone's going to pay more... and if they do, so what. Next year's draft is rich in the RB dept... and personally I'd rather see the Bills select Mike Hart with their #1 next year than give up this year's #1 for Turner. And, Turner will also be an UFA after next year... So... AJ... kiss my ass... take the 3 now or get nothing next year.

There are greater needs at LB and CB for this team right now. They should not give up anything more than a #3 for Turner.

He carried the ball 310 and 330 times in his last two years of college. The other two guys we're considering haven't gone full college seasons or carried even close to that many times without getting hurt lately.

He carried the ball 310 and 330 times in his last two years of college. The other two guys we're considering haven't gone full college seasons or carried even close to that many times without getting hurt lately.

Yeah, but he's in the pros now. Why hasn't he been able to do anything impressive like that in the NFL? What's his problem? Plus, he's old, 'bout 3 years older than Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson. That, plus the guy's been a bust in the NFL. For crying out loud, he can't even break the starting lineup!!!

Yeah, but he's in the pros now. Why hasn't he been able to do anything impressive like that in the NFL? What's his problem? Plus, he's old, 'bout 3 years older than Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson. That, plus the guy's been a bust in the NFL. For crying out loud, he can't even break the starting lineup!!!

:);):lol::w00t:

KFBD, you were onto this " cash to the cap" thing a month ago... can you not call out this Turner hysteria as a dog and pony show ? There is no possible Turner contract that could satisfy the remaining cash to cap.

Turner threads are the worst sort of clutter.

KFBD, you were onto this " cash to the cap" thing a month ago... can you not call out this Turner hysteria as a dog and pony show ? There is no possible Turner contract that could satisfy the remaining cash to cap.

Turner threads are the worst sort of clutter.

No, I think they should sign him. And I would swap firsts with the Chargers for him. I think he's very good and has a better chance of being great than anyone we could get not named Adrian Peterson who I don't think we could get. I think we could sign him to a pretty big deal that won't break the bank but he gets paid very well if he produces. He's also the kind of runner that we need on this particular team, outside of his questionable receiving skills, and we desperately need a good RB if we just spent 75 mil on the line and have a blossoming QB and WR tandem. Otherwise that's a total waste, and A Train ain't gonna cut it as a starter in this league. I'm all for signing Turner. And we easily have the money to do it.

No, I think they should sign him. And I would swap firsts with the Chargers for him. I think he's very good and has a better chance of being great than anyone we could get not named Adrian Peterson who I don't think we could get. I think we could sign him to a pretty big deal that won't break the bank but he gets paid very well if he produces. He's also the kind of runner that we need on this particular team, outside of his questionable receiving skills, and we desperately need a good RB if we just spent 75 mil on the line and have a blossoming QB and WR tandem. Otherwise that's a total waste, and A Train ain't gonna cut it as a starter in this league. I'm all for signing Turner. And we easily have the money to do it.

Very easily under NFL rules governing salaries. C to C, not so much.

Agreed on the rest.

Agreed on the rest.

If you trade him for the first or swap of the firsts, the Cash to cap allotted to the rookies goes significantly down from the signing bonus a #12 pick would get as opposed to the #30 pick. We could easily structure the contract so the cash laid out to him fits even within our policy. The guaranteed money can be split between this year and next. Put it this way, I highly doubt that Turner would have been at OBD today if they didn't think they were already in the ballpark and capable of signing him.

Agreed on the rest.

With the new revenue sharing deal in the bag, there's less incentive for Wilson to publicly proclaim poverty. C to C is just an accounting measure. The real question has always been and will remain whether RW wants to write the check?

If you trade him for the first or swap of the firsts, the Cash to cap allotted to the rookies goes significantly down from the signing bonus a #12 pick would get as opposed to the #30 pick. We could easily structure the contract so the cash laid out to him fits even within our policy. The guaranteed money can be split between this year and next. Put it this way, I highly doubt that Turner would have been at OBD today if they didn't think they were already in the ballpark and capable of signing him.

Now that is interesting -- it is a financial advantage to give a little more than expected for Turner. The emboldened point is one I shouldn't have been cavalier about.

And thanks GG, I was a little out of the loop last month.

All he's really trying to say is he is against using a #1 pick in ANY way to obtain Turner, and I agree 150%. Take a 3rd AJ or kiss my ass!!! Even swapping firsts is assinine, I mean, flat out dumb man. I don't know if I'd even swap seconds...........

Let's break this down. We are talking about a kid who showed a lot of promise. A guy who has had the opportunity to study at the feet of an older and more experienced team mate at the same position. A man who when called to the field of play rose above and beyond expectations. A player who's team believes that he is worth every bit of a first round pick. But enough about Rob Johnson. Let's get back to the Turner discussion...

Let's break this down. We are talking about a kid who showed a lot of promise. A guy who has had the opportunity to study at the feet of an older and more experienced team mate at the same position. A man who when called to the field of play rose above and beyond expectaions. A player who's team believes that he is worth every bit of a first round pick. But enough about Rob Johnson. Let's get back to the Turner discussion...

Actually, RJ had one good game and he got hurt in it but don't let the facts get in the way of nonsense.

Actually, RJ had one good game and he got hurt in it but don't let the facts get in the way of nonsense.

I think you're wrong. There's no way that a career back up, who's padded his stats in blow out wins is a better player than a can't-miss prospect from college. Isn't that right, Blair Thomas? Or did I have him mixed up with Curtis Enis? I get those guys mixed up, ever since they switched their nameplates at the Canton ceremonies.

Let's break this down. We are talking about a kid who showed a lot of promise. A guy who has had the opportunity to study at the feet of an older and more experienced team mate at the same position. A man who when called to the field of play rose above and beyond expectaions. A player who's team believes that he is worth every bit of a first round pick. But enough about Rob Johnson. Let's get back to the Turner discussion...

lol

Hershal Walker

Rob Johnson

Drew Bledsoe

Alvin Harper

Peerless Price

Trading picks for other team's players has a way of biting you in the ass. Please Marv, don't do it.

Turner is a 2 down back that has just 7 catches, 5 touchdowns and has only averaged 5 carries per game average in the NFL.

Both Peterson and Lynch will have better careers than this guy. Count on it.

Hershal Walker

Rob Johnson

Drew Bledsoe

Alvin Harper

Peerless Price

Trading picks for other team's players has a way of biting you in the ass. Please Marv, don't do it.

Turner is a 2 down back that has just 7 catches, 5 touchdowns and has only averaged 5 carries per game average in the NFL.

Both Peterson and Lynch will have better careers than this guy. Count on it.

John Elway.

Brett Favre.

Marshall Faulk.

Jerome Bettis.

Yura Moron.