Buffalo Bills.com says Turner is at OBD right now.

PIZ

Here's a snippet from ESPN's insider. I can't provide a link because I'm not a member, maybe somebody who is can.

Bills owner Ralph Wilson dispatched his private plane to get Michael Turner to Buffalo after Turner was having flight troubles in Tennessee.

It sounds like the Bills are really in this despite being in good position to draft a tailback somewhere on the first day. However, ESPN's John Clayton reports San Diego won't take less than a first-rounder for Turner. Apr. 5 - 8:17 p.m. ET

Looks like Ralphie boy is on board for Turner. I can't but think that if everything looks good Buffalo will make this happen tonight if not already.

That's VERY impressive, IMO. Good work for Ralph and co. That has to make MT feel good...no?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which part of "I THINK he likes Tennessee" is confounding you?

Which part of "Asked whether Turner prefers the Titans or Bills" do you not comprehend?

The agent responded that he thinks he likes Tennessee, in answering that question.

Not to much of a stretch to figure that his agent knows what Turner likes because ummm...he's his agent. :w00t:

It makes me a little nervous. The last time old Ralphie fueled up his big bird we picked up Bledsoe.

hey but bledsoe did have the one probowl year!!! and then he made the playoffs.. ooh im sorry that was as dallas's backup last season.. nvm

Here it is word for word from Clayton's Blog:

Turnin' on The Burner: The interest in Chargers restricted free agent Michael "The Burner" Turner is starting to sizzle. He had a good visit with the Titans, who are clearly interested in trading for him. Turner had flight problems getting to Buffalo for a visit, so Bills owner Ralph Wilson dispatched his private jet to get him into town (Turner visited Buffalo on Thursday). Two other teams -- the Cowboys and Jets -- are monitoring the talks. It will take at least a first-round choice -- either this year or next season -- to get Turner, who was a former fifth-round pick but clearly has first-round talent. Expect trade talks to heat up over the next couple of days.

link for those w/ insider: http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index...me=clayton_john

You know what's funny John Clayton is the ONLY person that thinks its going to cost a first rounder to get turner. If Tennessee is not willing to give up a first ("The Titans remain interested in a trade, but indications are they're not considering giving up a first-round pick. Chargers GM A.J. Smith has said he's "flexible" on compensation" from http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...3/1027/RSS0201) and the Bills have a higher second then Tennessee it would be ludicrise to consider giving up a first and out bidding yourself. Turner might have 1st round talent, but no running back has been traded for a first rounder in years, so why now?! Especially for a player that has never started in the NFL!

Which part of "Asked whether Turner prefers the Titans or Bills" do you not comprehend?

The agent responded that he thinks he likes the Tennessee, in answering that question.

Not to much of a stretch to figure that his agent knows what Turner likes because ummm...he's his agent. :w00t:

his agent said he likes Tennessee. not prefers Tennessee. not likes Tennessee better than Buffalo. all he said was that he likes Tennessee.

i was in Tennessee a couple years ago. i liked Tennessee also. i would probably move there if someone paid me enough. if someone asked me while i was down there for a job interview involving a big pay raise where i preferred to live, i would tell them i liked Tennessee. but, i wouldn't say that i preferred it to upstate NY.

Turner might have 1st round talent, but no running back has been traded for a first rounder in years, so why now?! Especially for a player that has never started in the NFL!

Now that's what I'm talking about! :w00t:

Way to hammer home the argument!

It will be a very bad joke if the Bills give up a first rounder for Turner.

Here's a snippet from ESPN's insider. I can't provide a link because I'm not a member, maybe somebody who is can.

Bills owner Ralph Wilson dispatched his private plane to get Michael Turner to Buffalo after Turner was having flight troubles in Tennessee.

It sounds like the Bills are really in this despite being in good position to draft a tailback somewhere on the first day. However, ESPN's John Clayton reports San Diego won't take less than a first-rounder for Turner. Apr. 5 - 8:17 p.m. ET

Looks like Ralphie boy is on board for Turner. I can't but think that if everything looks good Buffalo will make this happen tonight if not already.

Way to go RW. That's well done IMO. With that said, wtf is up with the flight troubles? I mean Nashville didn't have a flight out? :)

A straight up first rounder for Turner? I really want Willis to be honest and I am unsure about this. I wonder if we can maybe pull off some sort of draft day deal. Ie have everything in place with it all being contingent on Willis off the board when we go to draft. Maybe a 2nd and a 3rd (ours) instead?

So much for my fantasy of Turner and Willis. Of course it is Clayton.

:w00t: at his dreams

I'm not saying I don't like turner... I'd give up a second for him. Just not a first....ESPECIALLY the 12th pick!

If Tennessee offers their second and we counter with ours. And then they up the ante to their first, then we should just say "oh well" and move on... I like Irons, Hunt and Jackson in the later rounds, so it wouldn't be a disaster if we didn't give the house for Turner...

his agent said he likes Tennessee. not prefers Tennessee. not likes Tennessee better than Buffalo. all he said was that he likes Tennessee.

i was in Tennessee a couple years ago. i liked Tennessee also. i would probably move there if someone paid me enough. if someone asked me while i was down there for a job interview involving a big pay raise where i preferred to live, i would tell them i liked Tennessee. but, i wouldn't say that i preferred it to upstate NY.

Do you like beating dead horses also?

Why get your panties in a wad over something that might happen? I don't want the Bills to trade a first for him either (and I do want them to land him) but I'll just wait an see before I start bitching about it.

Not to belabor the point, but the answer to the question of whether he preferred Buffalo or Tennessee was:

He just wants to go play

Then the agent said...He likes Tennessee. (As in, "I don't think he is opposed to Tennessee" or "I don't think he hates Tennessee" or "Don't worry, if we work it out, he'd perfectly playing in Tennessee"...or many many other possibilities. In fact, it's very likely the "He likes Tennessee" wasn't even in direct response to the question of preference, but spoken at a different time. It is NOT uncommon for journalists to compress answers of several questions for space.

But, clearly this journalist didn't think he was citing a preference for Tennessee, or did not want to come to Buffalo, as that is NOT the way he wrote it.

This was a "nothing" cliche statement meant NOT to offend anyone. Except for the especially simple-minded, I guess.

Can we get off this stupid ass debate of he said/she said and get back to the subject matter? Thanks.

As much as I would love for Buffalo to land Turner they better not give up ANY 1st rders, this year's or next. We can address our RB situation without Turner if need be. He is not the only option and I hope Buffalo does keep that in perspective.

okay here is a thought of mine? You draft Lendale White in the second round last year, with intention that he'd probably be an every down or a featured back, why not just draft another 2-3rd round rb, instead of giving up more picks to another team for a player that hasn't shouldered a heavy load? I think this is a sign that maybe Lendale White is a bum. Also, Tennessee won't give up their first when they don't know about Pacman Jones's status for the season, So if Marv wants to insure getting Turner, then offering the 2nd round pick would be in order since Tennessee can't counter that

okay here is a thought of mine? You draft Lendale White in the second round last year, with intention that he'd probably be an every down or a featured back, why not just draft another 2-3rd round rb, instead of giving up more picks to another team for a player that hasn't shouldered a heavy load? I think this is a sign that maybe Lendale White is a bum. Also, Tennessee won't give up their first when they don't know about Pacman Jones's status for the season, So if Marv wants to insure getting Turner, then offering the 2nd round pick would be in order since Tennessee can't counter that

That's exactly why we can't afford to draft a RB in the second round!!!!!!!!!! Tennessee did it and look what happened to them?!!!!!!!!!! That guarantees it will happen exactly the same again!!!!!!

exactly, and if clayton is so good on his reporting neither Dallas nor the jets are going to give up a first rounder either. Dallas has barber and Jones and the Jets have Thomas Jones and Leon Washington. Both teams might, and i emphasize might because it's a big one, MIGHT be interested in an upgrade, but to give up a first, c'mon?!

Most likely thier names are just out there to get his price up. But neither can be taken seriously. Green Bay has said they are not interested, so that leaves Buffalo and Tenesseee. As you said, Tennessee has white and it makes no sense for them to give away their first pick for a back. So why would clayton even consider that the price tag? AJ Smith might be holding out for that, but then he's going to be holding out until turner becomes an unresricted free agent next offseason!