Buffalo Bills.com says Turner is at OBD right now.

PIZ

That's exactly why we can't afford to draft a RB in the second round!!!!!!!!!! Tennessee did it and look what happened to them?!!!!!!!!!! That guarantees it will happen exactly the same again!!!!!!

I'm guessing that's sarcasim? I'm really hopeing that's saracism...!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to belabor the point, but the answer to the question of whether he preferred Buffalo or Tennessee was:

He just wants to go play

Then the agent said...He likes Tennessee. (As in, "I don't think he is opposed to Tennessee" or "I don't think he hates Tennessee" or "Don't worry, if we work it out, he'd perfectly playing in Tennessee"...or many many other possibilities. In fact, it's very likely the "He likes Tennessee" wasn't even in direct response to the question of preference, but spoken at a different time. It is NOT uncommon for journalists to compress answers of several questions for space.

But, clearly this journalist didn't think he was citing a preference for Tennessee, or did not want to come to Buffalo, as that is NOT the way he wrote it.

This was a "nothing" cliche statement meant NOT to offend anyone. Except for the especially simple-minded, I guess.

I think it was directed to marv more than it was to the reporter.

I think it was directed to marv more than it was to the reporter.

If that was sarcasm (as I think it had to be), GREAT first post, Airy. :w00t:

On the other hand...

If that was sarcasm (as I think it had to be), GREAT first post, Airy. :wallbash:

On the other hand...

Thanks Dean. However whats wrong with a little parting shot to the team you are leaving town for while appeasing the tennesee crowd. Pretty smart to me.

You hit on something that keeps nagging me: the Titans have LenDale White. And while I've read he's a bit on the heavy side lately, was he not supposed to be their future go-to guy? In Buffalo, Turner would be the clear starter. Maybe I missed the part where Tennessee doesn't want White to be the main guy, and this is all just a bunch of crap, so I'm just askin'...

Here's the thing: even we Titans fans don't really know where LenDale stands. Rumors have it that he's fat and out of shape (260 lbs). But that's just rumor so far, and it's possible he's bulked up partly on purpose to be the next Bus for all I know. Plus, training camp is still far away. But the fact is the Titans are talking to Turner and Corey Dillon, not to mention trying to keep Chris Brown.

My take on all this is that the organization is trying to motivate LenDale. His biggest question mark going into the draft was that he was lazy, but if he was motivated then he'd be an excellent RB. I don't think the Titans actually plan to trade for Turner. And I hope they don't intend to really go after Dillon, though I would like to bring back Brown because he's good (when healthy) and is a good complimentary back to LenDale's power.

This is just my take on the Turner situation from a Titans' perspective. But I think you guys or the Packers will end up with him.

Here's the thing: even we Titans fans don't really know where LenDale stands. Rumors have it that he's fat and out of shape (260 lbs). But that's just rumor so far, and it's possible he's bulked up partly on purpose to be the next Bus for all I know. Plus, training camp is still far away. But the fact is the Titans are talking to Turner and Corey Dillon, not to mention trying to keep Chris Brown.

My take on all this is that the organization is trying to motivate LenDale. His biggest question mark going into the draft was that he was lazy, but if he was motivated then he'd be an excellent RB. I don't think the Titans actually plan to trade for Turner. And I hope they don't intend to really go after Dillon, though I would like to bring back Brown because he's good (when healthy) and is a good complimentary back to LenDale's power.

This is just my take on the Turner situation from a Titans' perspective. But I think you guys or the Packers will end up with him.

Thanks for the update. Always good to get a new, reasonable and intelligent perspective from ANY poster.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :lol:

My take on all this is that the organization is trying to motivate LenDale.

That's kind of what my gut has been telling me as well. I mean, if they were looking at either Turner or possibly drafting a high-round RB this year (like the Bills have to consider), then I would figure they were on the outs with LenDale. But they go to Turner and...DILLON? Maybe if they get Dillon and re-sign Brown, THEN you have equal heat on LenDale. But part of me feels like the Titans and Turner's agent figure they can spend some time creating a mutually beneficial story to rile up their respective target audiences.

That's kind of what my gut has been telling me as well. I mean, if they were looking at either Turner or possibly drafting a high-round RB this year (like the Bills have to consider), then I would figure they were on the outs with LenDale. But they go to Turner and...DILLON? Maybe if they get Dillon and re-sign Brown, THEN you have equal heat on LenDale. But part of me feels like the Titans and Turner's agent figure they can spend some time creating a mutually beneficial story to rile up their respective target audiences.

Well, I think the Titans do want a veteran to backup LenDale. Brown is the best choice, but Dillon is a possibility. But I can't see bringing in Dillon if they want White to start. But they also have looked at Kevin Barlow and Maurice Hicks (49ers RFA), which doesn't fit at all if they are actually at looking at Turner or Dillon.

And yes, negotiating with the Titans could also up Turner's asking price, so it can help both sides even if it's all for show.

Now maybe I'm wrong and the Titans brass really love Turner and have given up on White, but that's just not my take.