Buffalo Bills.com says Turner is at OBD right now.

PIZ

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can't get to the site for some reason.

Making their interest in the best available running back left on the free agent market official, the Buffalo Bills hosted San Diego restricted free agent running back Michael Turner Thursday at One Bills Drive.

can't get to the site for some reason.

Here ya go, Joe:

Making their interest in the best available running back left on the free agent market official, the Buffalo Bills hosted San Diego restricted free agent running back Michael Turner Thursday at One Bills Drive.

The Chargers tendered Turner at the high level ($2.35M) which would require compensation in the form of a first and third round draft choice if he was signed to an offer sheet that San Diego chose not to match. That scenario however is unlikely to unfold with the Bills or any other NFL team.

Buffalo though is one of several teams that have been in contact with the Chargers about a trade involving the third-year running back presumably at a lesser cost than a first and third round draft choice.

The 5'10" 237-pound Turner has averaged six yards per carry in his career in limited NFL playing time due to the presence of reigning NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson on San Diego's roster.

As a collegian at Northern Illinois, Turner rolled up over 3,500 yards on 648 carries (5.5 avg) and 33 rushing touchdowns in his final two seasons with the Huskies.

Turner has the speed to turn the corner on the outside and the power to grind out yards between the tackles. Pass catching is an area of his game that has not seen much exposure in both his collegiate and professional career.

If acquired by Buffalo Turner would immediately be the odds on favorite to land the starting running back job in an offensive backfield that consists of veteran Anthony Thomas, Shaud Williams and Fred Jackson.

The 25-year old Turner was also San Diego's full time kick returner last season and had a respectable 26.5 average. One of every six of his returns went for 40 yards or more last season.

This past Monday Turner made had a free agent visit with the Tennessee Titans.

Wow... Turner comments that really do warrant a new thread. Thanks for the info, PIZ!

I've gone from thinking we should try to get him for less than our #2, to being happy giving our #2 pick, and a second day pick next year to land him. I hope we pursue him aggressively but keep our #1. We could always trade him on draft day if Peterson is still available by some miracle.

Give San Diego the two 3rd rders that we got from Baltimore, nothing more, if they don't like it tell 'em to screw. Here's another update out of Tennessee.

I think that's fair, given that the back is in a similar position to McGahee with less of a record of production as a starter than McGahee has (with greater upside, IMO). I don't think SD will buy it, though. I'd stop at our 2nd and Balt's 3rd, and no way in hell do I part with our first.

Give San Diego the two 3rd rders that we got from Baltimore, nothing more, if they don't like it tell 'em to screw. Here's another update out of Tennessee.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...03/1027/RSS0201

PS I'm getting worried about you The Dean, it looks like you're falling apart!

I'm thinkin' this years' #3 and a conditional next year. If he PERFORMS, it'll be worth the higher pick. Otherwise a #3 or so.

As for my avatar's....er...condition. Yesterday's problem is clearing up, but something new seems to be developing.

I'm thinkin' this years' #3 and a conditional next year. If he PERFORMS, it'll be worth the higher pick. Otherwise a #3 or so.

As for my avatar's....er...condition. Yesterday's problem is clearing up, but something new seems to be developing.

Did someone rip the alien from your face ? It looks real bad .

The good Lord picked a bad day for it to snow here in the Western NY area lol.

I don't know what its doing in OP or Buffalo but I live 30 miles south of the city and were really getting a good amount of snow.

Coming from a nice day in Tennessee to this may not be the most appealing thing. ;)

Thankfully its the Chargers who have the keys to where Turner ends up and not Turner himself.

I'm of the same opinion.... but I wouldn't be opposed to giving up the 2nd this year if that's what it came down to to get him...

at least we got him to buffalo, it will be interesting to see what comes of it

I'm of the same opinion.... but I wouldn't be opposed to giving up the 2nd this year if that's what it came down to to get him...

at least we got him to buffalo, it will be interesting to see what comes of it

I have to leave for awhile, and hope Turner is a Bills when I return. I have a big Turner post brewing in my head, but no time to write it now.

Short version: Turner is the REAL DEAL, IMO. If The Bills plan to draft a RB with #12 (which I doubt), then sign Turner and make the best deal you can make, even if it costs our #12.