Collins: Im a scientist; I believe in God

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collins: Im a scientist; I believe in God

What are "Topics I Could Give a Flying Fugg About?"

Your religion is the right one. It has to be. Your God said so. You just better hope you're not wrong, you know, like you are on almost everything else.

aka u don't have one
Like that's new.
What are "Topics I Could Give a Flying Fugg About?"

Your religion is the right one. It has to be. Your God said so. You just better hope you're not wrong, you know, like you are on almost everything else.

If you guys are through crusading, and patting each other on the back for who is giving a wittier post towards your perceived level of my intelligence, I did have a point. The point goes back to a post many months ago that included an arguement of whether science and religion can support each other ... I don't feel like getting into it.

Side note to Alaska Darin: I never mentioned that this had anything to do with my religion. Furthermore I never said that my religion was the "right one" (as you put it). So I guess you pretty much just pulled your entire post from left field huh?

If you guys are through crusading, and patting each other on the back for who is giving a wittier post towards your perceived level of my intelligence, I did have a point. The point goes back to a post many months ago that included an arguement of whether science and religion can support each other ... I don't feel like getting into it.

Side note to Alaska Darin: I never mentioned that this had anything to do with my religion. Furthermore I never said that my religion was the "right one" (as you put it). So I guess you pretty much just pulled your entire post from left field huh?

I don't follow. If you didn't want to get into that, why did you post the original link?

Crusade? Thats pretty damn funny. If you had a point, maybe you should have posted it rather than simply saying "its just an article".

I don't follow. If you didn't want to get into that, why did you post the original link?

I did not want to get into an argument. I simply wanted to post it so the person I was arguing with, may possibly be able to see it.

Crusade? Thats pretty damn funny. If you had a point, maybe you should have posted it rather than simply saying "its just an article".

I do not feel as if I have to justify my posts to you or anyone else. I posted a link to an article. Many people have done it in the past with far less scrutiny than I have received.

People on this board are so familiar with posters starting trouble with their threads, that they itch and wait to jump on anything that someone posts, as innocent as some of the threads may be. Alaska Darin is exceptionally good as this.

From the article:

I had to admit that the science I loved so much was powerless to answer questions such as "What is the meaning of life?" "Why am I here?" "Why does mathematics work, anyway?" "If the universe had a beginning, who created it?" "Why are the physical constants in the universe so finely tuned to allow the possibility of complex life forms?" "Why do humans have a moral sense?" "What happens after we die?"

So how does Religion or God or whatever answer any of these questions? He speaks of God's plan. What the hell plan is that?

Was that under the last name you got suspended under or the one before that?

Here's the thing, duh. You have "history" here. History of posting about your "faith" and all the cool "homosexuality is a choice", etc. stuff. From that, the lucid can "infer". Yet your defense is saying someone else is "pulling it from left field". That's the reason we call you "duh".

You can't know how much I appreciate getting a "side note".

So sayeth the evangelical. ;)

So now you're stereotyping all evangelical people?

daquix accusing OTHERS of crusading...thats priceless.

I guess you're referring to the only thing I have 'crusaded' on and that was Nate Clements. I didn't do it against a particular poster.

Was that under the last name you got suspended under or the one before that?

Here's the thing, duh. You have "history" here. History of posting about your "faith" and all the cool "homosexuality is a choice", etc. stuff. From that, the lucid can "infer". Yet your defense is saying someone else is "pulling it from left field". That's the reason we call you "duh".

You can't know how much I appreciate getting a "side note".

As far as I know only one name has ever been suspended and that is the D_A_B account and to this day no one has told me why I was suspended.

Anyway. My point to you was this. If another poster was known to have a preference towards JP Losman rather than Kelly Holcomb (say at the beginning of the season) and he posted an inspirational article he found on JP Losman, it most likely would'nt be a problem. Yet I make references in the past that I am a Godly person, and I post an article with Christianity it and I get bombarded with crap. When internet forums started to become popular there was a saying that many used "Attack the post. Not the poster." Many of you here are TBD, don't seem to very much like that model. But why would you? You would rather sit behind a computer screen and make fun of another person, rather than simply clicking the "back" button when you encounter a thread you don't like.

So now you're stereotyping all evangelical people?

I guess you're referring to the only thing I have 'crusaded' on and that was Nate Clements. I didn't do it against a particular poster.

As far as I know only one name has ever been suspended and that is the D_A_B account and to this day no one has told me why I was suspended.

Anyway. My point to you was this. If another poster was known to have a preference towards JP Losman rather than Kelly Holcomb (say at the beginning of the season) and he posted an inspirational article he found on JP Losman, it most likely would'nt be a problem. Yet I make references in the past that I am a Godly person, and I post an article with Christianity it and I get bombarded with crap. When internet forums started to become popular there was a saying that many used "Attack the post. Not the poster." Many of you here are TBD, don't seem to very much like that model. But why would you? You would rather sit behind a computer screen and make fun of another person, rather than simply clicking the "back" button when you encounter a thread you don't like.

Yep, it's because you're a Christian. The victimization continues. ;)