Mike Gandy...

I thought Gandy was just as bad of a guard as he was a tackle. Maybe it wasn't as evident during the line switch because of how good jason peters played and the fact we actually began to score points, but he would continually be pushed back in the run game and be overpowered on passing downs. He wasn't the worst guard ever but he wasn't very good either.

The last alleged left tackle who left the Bills for Arizona was John Fina.

'Nuff said.

I'm not understanding your post. Are you saying that because Fina left for Arizona and sucked that Gandy is no good?

I thought it would have been better to re-sign him, but I think the Bills no what they are doing more than my armchair ass.

Interested to see the numbers. Could give us a comp pick next year...

Are you kidding? We signed 3 offensive lineman and spent $75 million on them, we are not getting a compensation pick for losing Gandy lol.

Are you kidding? We signed 3 offensive lineman and spent $75 million on them, we are not getting a compensation pick for losing Gandy lol.

Yea, but comp picks are based on net gain vs net lose

Net Gain

Derrick Docker 7 yrs 49

Langston Walker 5 yrs 25

Jason Whittle 1 yr 720,000

Net Loss

Nate Clements 8 yrs 80

London Fletcher 5 yrs 25

Mike Gandy 3 yrs ???

Not saying we will get anything special but as of now were in decent shape to at least get a late rd pick.

Net Gain

Derrick Docker 7 yrs 49

Langston Walker 5 yrs 25

Net Loss

Nate Clements 8 yrs 80

London Fletcher 5 yrs 25

Mike Gandy 3 yrs ???

Not saying we will get anything special but as of now were in decent shape to at least get a late rd pick.

Trading players arent included in this?

Net Gain

Derrick Docker 7 yrs 49

Langston Walker 5 yrs 25

Net Loss

Nate Clements 8 yrs 80

London Fletcher 5 yrs 25

Mike Gandy 3 yrs ???

The question is going to be whether or not Whittle qualifies as a player gained and whether Gandy qualifies as a player lost. If Gandys contract is in the 3 years 15M range (which i think is nutz), and whittle does not qualify, its possible we get a 4th or 5th rounder.

Of course, if we sign Chris Brown or another meaningful FA, its all for naught.

I really thought that Gandy would be resigned.....

Oh well...guess the bills were not too high on him

He was resigned to the fact that once the Bills signed three offensive linemen on day 1 of free agency, they weren't interested in him.

You clearly do not understand how comp picks work....

You can't be serious. This thread is about losing scrub Gandy. Your first post in reply to this said you wanted to know the numbers and thought we could get compensation. If we do get comensation for our FA losses, it will be because Nate signed an $80 million dollar deal and we lost Fletcher, it will have nothing to do with Gandy.

You can't be serious. This thread is about losing scrub Gandy. Your first post in reply to this said you wanted to know the numbers and thought we could get compensation. If we do get comensation for our FA losses, it will be because Nate signed an $80 million dollar deal and we lost Fletcher, it will have nothing to do with Gandy.

Oh, i love ignorance.

The FIRST CRITERIA on getting ANY comp picks is this:

Did you lose more players than you gained?

The SECOND CRITERIA is

What is the value difference between what you lost and what you gained.

Without #1 there ARE NO COMP PICKS (except for a possible 7th if the value difference is very large)

So the KEY to us getting comp picks next year is to lose more players than we signed. I dont think Wittle will qualify as a player gained. IF gandy qualifies as a player lost, we now have lost 3 players and gained 2...thus allowing us to recieve a pick higer than the possible 7th rounder.

The actual salaries do matter...but ONLY if you lose more than you gain (in raw numbers). Them's the facts.

Of course if we sign another qualified FA, it doesnt matter. But there arent too many left out there.