Add Dallas and Jets to the Turner sweepstakes.

This would not be good. Buffalo should look at other alternatives. Surprisingly Green Bay hasn't been interested. Giants are believed to possibly get involved as the draft gets closer.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/charg...31chargers.html

I was hoping for a 2nd and a 3rd (in different years). It looks like it will in fact take a draft pick this year and a first round next. They may opt to deal w/ Buffalo over the others only because the pick could be high next year.

This would not be good. Buffalo should look at other alternatives. Surprisingly Green Bay hasn't been interested. Giants are believed to possibly get involved as the draft gets closer.

I'm calling bs on this one.

Jets just got Thomas Jones and have Leon Washington. That's a pretty solid combo. It makes zero sense to add another back to split carries, plus Turner will need a new contract to justify giving away a high pick.

The Cowboys have Jones and Barber. If they get Turner, they will have absolutely no leverage in trading one of their two backs.

San Diegos is just trying to drive up the price by generating competition. Don't believe the media. They are simply people like people on this board except they can type better. :thumbsup:

Jets just got Thomas Jones and have Leon Washington. That's a pretty solid combo. It makes zero sense to add another back to split carries, plus Turner will need a new contract to justify giving away a high pick.

The Cowboys have Jones and Barber. If they get Turner, they will have absolutely no leverage in trading one of their two backs.

San Diegos is just trying to drive up the price by generating competition. Don't believe the media. They are simply people like people on this board except they can type better. :thumbsup:

Exactamundo, sir.

Well said :lol:

I agree--I'm calling BS on this as well. No way that Dallas or the Jets have any business being interested in Turner considering the backs they already have. It makes absolutely no sense. I see this as AJ Smith trying to make us think there's real competition and a real market for Turner. My guess is that the "sources" responsible for the article are the Chargers themselves.....

Yep, definite BS. No team will give up a first rounder for Turner (maybe the Texans :thumbsup: ), much less a first and a third. The article says all of those teams (including the Bills) are willing to give up a first rounder, which we know isn't true. This isn't Marv's first rodeo, so let AJ play all the games he wants, and if we don't get Turner, no big deal. But I'm pretty sure that in the end our #43 pick will get it done if we decide to, possibly with a lower round pick too. The biggest issue is still the extension which if it isn't reasonably priced makes no sense at all to us.

I could see dallas getting in the bidding for turner. It's no secret they've been shopping julius jones and may want another option to pair with Marion Barber The 3rd. The jets not after trading for thomas jones, and already having leon washington on the roster that one is bs.

I could see dallas getting in the bidding for turner. It's no secret they've been shopping julius jones and may want another option to pair with Marion Barber The 3rd. The jets not after trading for thomas jones, and already having leon washington on the roster that one is bs.

Hell, i'd take Julian Jones for a 5th round pick....

Seriously, people like you shouldn't go to a car dealer without a good friend. All the salesman has to do is tell you that the car you like is the last one on the lot, and someone is about to swoop in and steal it from you....and you end up paying full price.

(Please take no offense, I'm just trying to illustrate a point.)

You have a number of teams, players and agents who's self interest it is to hype the market for Turner. You (they) are now saying the Jests and Dallas are interested? Didn't NY just trade for T Jones with Leon W on the roster? Doesn't Dallas already have a RB controversy because M Barber has been so successful?

Now, in who's interest is it to get us all excited and worried? ...hmm, lets see now...SD of course, along with the other obvious guys like Turner and his agent. What about Green Bay? They can hype Turner so much as to get Buffalo to do something silly...and thereby have a better chance to snag AP or Lynch....how about NYJ who wouldn't mind the Bills needlessly burning picks while disguising their own interests...and the list goes on.

I wish fellow posters would get over this idea of trading our very valuable picks for magic beans. Especially in light of the our own experience of getting so much less for our own players being shipped out.

If we gave up the #12 pick, I would have trouble watching the Bills next season.. It will just urk me to no end. I know the possibility is slim, but the thought makes my stomach turn.

Then don't think about it. No way we give up #12 overall for Turner. Will not happen!

I agree with you, I think it is BS. I think your one line about the Cowboys is backwards though. If they had Turner they WOULD have leverage in trading one of their other backs. If they had turner they could wait as long as they wanted to to trade Jones or Barber and really force teams to make a good offer.

Did the retard who wrote that piece even bother to read what he wrote. Turner can be had for a 1st and a 3rd if any team signs him to a restricted deal without a trade. Why would something trade a 1st and 3rd? retarded.

Seriously, people like you shouldn't go to a car dealer without a good friend. All the salesman has to do is tell you that the car you like is the last one on the lot, and someone is about to swoop in and steal it from you....and you end up paying full price.

(Please take no offense, I'm just trying to illustrate a point.)

You have a number of teams, players and agents who's self interest it is to hype the market for Turner. You (they) are now saying the Jests and Dallas are interested? Didn't NY just trade for T Jones with Leon W on the roster? Doesn't Dallas already have a RB controversy because M Barber has been so successful?

Now, in who's interest is it to get us all excited and worried? ...hmm, lets see now...SD of course, along with the other obvious guys like Turner and his agent. What about Green Bay? They can hype Turner so much as to get Buffalo to do something silly...and thereby have a better chance to snag AP or Lynch....how about NYJ who wouldn't mind the Bills needlessly burning picks while disguising their own interests...and the list goes on.

I wish fellow posters would get over this idea of trading our very valuable picks for magic beans. Especially in light of the our own experience of getting so much less for our own players being shipped out.

Excuse me alg but why would you insinuate that I'm a sucker and would be willing to overpay for a product out of fear of loss??? I thought that I clearly stated for us NOT to succumb and to look for other alternatives. THIS is how you negoiate, you take your offer off the table. When the seller realizes that he is jeopardizing the sale, he lowers his demands and becomes more reasonable.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the rest of your response because I do believe that for the most part people do present valid points.

Oh, by the way, you want to hear something that's funny? I would NEVER go to a car dealer and look at a car for one simple reason. I AM A CAR DEALER!!!

no fuggin way is this guy worth a #1. he has never been an everydown back. I have horrible flashbacks to RJ everytime I hear someone say they want to give up a 1st for this guy. ESPECIALLY at #12!!!!!

MT=RJ