Harley Davidson

diver

That may be a worse answer than Poojer's.

Why? He's a first time rider and that's a great bike to start off with. VTX 1300 customized retro for me, I would take this over any showroom Harley any day. Don't get me wrong, I like Harley I just find them a bit over priced and unreliable. I had the Harley 100th year Road King Classic and I just didn't fall in love with it. My buddy has a customized Harley chopper, '77 Sportster engine (1000) and it's fun to ride but not comfortable. Not trying to start a debate here, I just think that if the bike gets the WIND in your face and your happy who cares what anyone else thinks.

Which reminds me, anyone want to take a trip from the Adirondacks to St. John Fisher this year for training camp? Frez? If your on the way we could stop and meet up with whom ever would be interested. I'll be getting mine out in 2 weeks boys, still have alot of snow here.

RIDE ON!!!!!

Why? He's a first time rider and that's a great bike to start off with. VTX 1300 customized retro for me, I would take this over any showroom Harley any day. Don't get me wrong, I like Harley

RIDE ON!!!!!

I kid ... My only bike was a Honda V45 Magna. I'd probably still be queer for it if I could've kept from from laying it down one time too many.

...I just think that if the bike gets the WIND in your face and your happy who cares what anyone else thinks...

Absolutely. I like Harleys just fine - but if it had to be a Harley I'd still be saving up for it instead of riding.

My 2004 Suzuki Volusia is my commuter vehicle, which is year-round down here in FL.

Why? He's a first time rider and that's a great bike to start off with. VTX 1300 customized retro for me, I would take this over any showroom Harley any day. Don't get me wrong, I like Harley I just find them a bit over priced and unreliable. I had the Harley 100th year Road King Classic and I just didn't fall in love with it. My buddy has a customized Harley chopper, '77 Sportster engine (1000) and it's fun to ride but not comfortable. Not trying to start a debate here, I just think that if the bike gets the WIND in your face and your happy who cares what anyone else thinks.

Which reminds me, anyone want to take a trip from the Adirondacks to St. John Fisher this year for training camp? Frez? If your on the way we could stop and meet up with whom ever would be interested. I'll be getting mine out in 2 weeks boys, still have alot of snow here.

RIDE ON!!!!!

I'd love to man! Let's throw something together and just do it. You have my e-mail right? We could leave early in the morning and be home at a reasonable time.

Frez

Absolutely. I like Harleys just fine - but if it had to be a Harley I'd still be saving up for it instead of riding.

Boy, I heard that. It's unbelievable how beloved HD is at the same time Microsoft is hated, yet both work almost exactly the same. Marketing, marketing, marketing.

Boy, I heard that. It's unbelievable how beloved HD is at the same time Microsoft is hated, yet both work almost exactly the same. Marketing, marketing, marketing.

You still have your bike?

Say marketing all you want but HD is a cool looking bike and love the sound. Many friendship are made when you have a HD.

OK, I'll say it. Marketing.

The freaking SOUND?

I ride off road bikes, but a street bike is so dangerous, afraid I'll get smushed up somehow by a driver not paying attention. If I did ride a street bike, I would probably go with a Yamaha.

That's why I have loud pipes. If they can hear you they're more apt to look for you.

That's why I have loud pipes. If they can hear you they're more apt to look for you.

It helps if you ride the bike safely, too. Nothing dumber than a biker darting in and out between cars. Just asking for it, really.

It helps if you ride the bike safely, too. Nothing dumber than a biker darting in and out between cars. Just asking for it, really.

I agree 100%. There are a lot of idiots that have no business on a bike. However there are probably more idiots behind the wheel of a car and no matter how defensively you drive a bike some people just don't look.

I agree 100%. There are a lot of idiots that have no business on a bike. However there are probably more idiots behind the wheel of a car and no matter how defensively you drive a bike some people just don't look.

Amen to that, bro.

Say marketing all you want but HD is a cool looking bike and love the sound. Many friendship are made when you have a HD.

99% of today's "bikers" wouldn't be able to tell me who makes my bike (there's not a single logo/decal on it). As far as "sound" goes, virtually everyone who buys ANY cruiser motorcycle puts on aftermarket pipes.

If I meet anyone who doesn't like me because I refuse to pay what amounts to 100% markup for something, I think I've made out just fine. My best friend rides a Harley. I'll have my house paid off before he finishes the bill for that thing. Over 3X what I paid for mine before he started customizing.

99% of today's "bikers" wouldn't be able to tell me who makes my bike (there's not a single logo/decal on it). As far as "sound" goes, virtually everyone who buys ANY cruiser motorcycle puts on aftermarket pipes.

If I meet anyone who doesn't like me because I refuse to pay what amounts to 100% markup for something, I think I've made out just fine. My best friend rides a Harley. I'll have my house paid off before he finishes the bill for that thing. Over 3X what I paid for mine before he started customizing.

Had a similar discussion with my sister and brother-in-law last night. They ride Harleys with a group of friends. Most of the group has Harley labeled EVERYTHING. Thank God my sis and Bro-in-law are not among that group. They think it's just a stupid waste of $ to advertise someone's product. Bro-in-law does have one Harley jacket, but he didn't pay for it (gift certificate to the Harley store). He almost never wears it.

As for the loud pipes ability to save lives, I actually kind of buy it (although I've seen no data to support it). I can pretty much guarantee These pipes do nothing to save lives when they are simply being REVVED in a driveway or parking lot.

As for the loud pipes ability to save lives, I actually kind of buy it (although I've seen no data to support it). I can pretty much guarantee These pipes do nothing to save lives when they are simply being REVVED in a driveway or parking lot.

I've never bought that argument. Pipes exhaust to the rear. Unless you're "BEHIND" me, it's unlikely that you'll hear me and my pipes are plenty loud. In my experience, it's not often the idiot behind you that's as big a problem as those around you, or cross traffic.

I'd say that if I'm even with your driver's window, you may be able to hear me but if that's the case, I'm moving forward or falling back anyway to get out of your blind spot.

I've never bought that argument. Pipes exhaust to the rear. Unless you're "BEHIND" me, it's unlikely that you'll hear me and my pipes are plenty loud. In my experience, it's not often the idiot behind you that's as big a problem as those around you, or cross traffic.

I'd say that if I'm even with your driver's window, you may be able to hear me but if that's the case, I'm moving forward or falling back anyway to get out of your blind spot.

I don't agree with that. My wife can hear me coming home on my bike two blocks away. So I'm sure cars in the immediate vicinity of me can hear me just fine. I don't know if they save lives or not but I'd rather have someone hear me and look for me than have them not be able to hear me and have no idea I'm anywhere near them.

And as far as all the hype over whether it's a "Harley" or not is just an individuals preference. We have riders in our groups with custom choppers, hondas, suzuki's, yamaha's...every type of bike imaginable. We're all riders, doesn't matter what you ride. I just always loved the Harley Fatboy and that's what I bought. I can afford it so big deal. I don't look down on people that ride something different so I don't think anyone just talk sh-- because I choose to ride a Harley. :)

I don't agree with that. My wife can hear me coming home on my bike two blocks away. So I'm sure cars in the immediate vicinity of me can hear me just fine. I don't know if they save lives or not but I'd rather have someone hear me and look for me than have them not be able to hear me and have no idea I'm anywhere near them.

My wife and the rest of my neighbors can hear me just fine too - when they're in their houses. I'm not too worried about people cutting me off or pulling out in front of me when they're sitting on the couch. No offense man, but there is tons of ambient noise in a car (radio, people talking, cell phones, windage, etc). I can't hear crap sitting in my truck or my wife's SUV, unless I'm at a dead stop, the bike is passing me, or I'm directly behind it. The simple fact is, most people detune from their surroundings when they are in their car, so unless you're really close to them, they can't/won't hear you. Like I said, when you're right next to them you've got a better chance of them hearing you, but that's about it.

I just always loved the Harley Fatboy and that's what I bought. I can afford it so big deal. I don't look down on people that ride something different so I don't think anyone just talk sh-- because I choose to ride a Harley. :)

I could care less what anyone rides. I've met great people on all different makes/kinds of bikes. There are more wanna be riders on HD than anything else.

You know the difference between an HD and a vacuum? On a vacuum, the dirtbag's on the inside. :(

You know the difference between an HD and a vacuum? On a vacuum, the dirtbag's on the inside. :)

Ok, now that one was lame... You're recycling VABills jokes now. I think it was him that posted that when I first bought my bike... I could be wrong but I think it was him. :(

Ok, now that one was lame... You're recycling VABills jokes now. I think it was him that posted that when I first bought my bike... I could be wrong but I think it was him. :)

Oh, I know it's old. One of my bosses was flipping me crap at a meeting in front of a bunch of my underlings about my bike not being a HD. I pulled that one out and he went totally blank. It was a LONG time ago. It's also not true anymore because it's now the Yuppie bike of choice.

I get the Fatboy thing - that's pretty much what I have only in the Yamaha. There was no way I was paying over $20k for it (after customizing). Shoot, I could get a nice bike and half a C5 Corvette for that price (which is eventually what I'll do).

Oh, I know it's old. One of my bosses was flipping me crap at a meeting in front of a bunch of my underlings about my bike not being a HD. I pulled that one out and he went totally blank. It was a LONG time ago. It's also not true anymore because it's now the Yuppie bike of choice.

I get the Fatboy thing - that's pretty much what I have only in the Yamaha. There was no way I was paying over $20k for it (after customizing). Shoot, I could get a nice bike and half a C5 Corvette for that price (which is eventually what I'll do).

I hear you on the yuppie thing though. I hate that all the "wanna be's" are getting them now. Then they sell them after owning them for 3 or 4 years with 200 miles on them. Saw that at the bike swap Saturday over at the Harley shop. A lot of people get them just to say they have them.

I was actually looking at the Yamaha at first but my wife talked me into getting a Harley. I love that woman. :)