Thanks for Spikes, Holcomb, best of luck with Walker, 7th rdr

Who knows what will happen with TKO..if anything you guys have someone to do Taco Bell comercials? Ask the Jets about Achilles injuries and how well guys play after.

So you cheesesteak chompers can go back to your holes and watch the Flyers in the playoffs...oh yeah never mind.

"Spicy, Melty, Crunchy....and Grilled!" - Takeo Spikes

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

Just brutal.

Even Redskins fans arent this sensitive.

Is it cos all your players who leave, say there's nuttin to do but play video games?

Well there's obviously even less to do in Philly than video games. You're the dork that's arguing with a bunch of Bills fans on their board, do YOU have better things to do? I can't even bear to spend the time to read all your drivel here, let alone all the other nonsense you post on other bulletin boards around the league. Get a life dude.

Takeo Spikes is a season or two away from being lumped in with those "great" players that never won anything, and in fact may have hindered their teams from winning. When he was at Cincy, the Bengals sucked. He left, they got good. Yeah, I know there were other factors at play there. But when Spikes arrived in Buffalo, the Bills were on the upswing - then look what happened.

Once might be aberation, twice might be coincidence... but if Philly doesn't make hay in the playoffs, three times will be a trend. And given Philly's season last year, just making the playoffs won't be enough in my mind to release Spikes from that "team cancer" category.

Ive seen so many incorrect player analysis on the guy from people here it's given me some honest to God laughs.

Ive watched every game the man's played.

He ABSOLUTELY was part of a rotation- so whomever in another thread said he'd excel in Buffalo cos he wont have to play all game, is wrong.

The guy honestly defines average. Nothing special, won't hurt you, a good guy to have coming INTO a rotation, not start. To get anything at all for the guy is nice, to land a guy like Spikes who, granted, is 30, like Walker, but has such a better skill set and upside in the return to form from the injury?

I'll take it.

I know the history of the injury. I also know that Spikes played better as the year wore on last yr, and he was also hindered by a hammy injury that cant be discounted. I think he;ll be fine, and to only have to toss in a 2008 7th round pick> ????? And ya gave us a very good back up (I think he'll be AJ's back up, but whatever, they needn't burn a draft pk on QB this yr which is a plus, well, no wonder Sal Palantonio of ESPN said "Tell Buffalo Media to quote me- someone up there needs to know they were robbed!"

Oh, and this forum, apparently, has sparked some interest on another site......

http://www.700level.com/fansview/nosebleeds/11831/1.aspx

Enjoy.

Well if Sal Palantonio says it, it must be true...

Until Crowell went down Spikes was on the bench in 3rd down situations.....

He was a great player and a warrior, but do you honestly think we would have gotten rid of him if he was still capable of being a dominant playmaker?

I'm and idiot and I would know not to do that. Marv Levy and Dick Jauron have Ive League degrees. Read between the lines.

The Takeo you got is a watered-down shell of what he used to be. Still a great leader and locker room presence, but let's not go overboard and act like you got Lawrence Taylor in his prime.

Welcome to this board- Whiz wit? I love those cheese steaks! IMO Valley Cheese Steaks are better then Philly Cheese Steaks(Brass Rail in Allentown is the finest IMO)-but a Philly Bills fan on this board suggested other great places for cheese steaks better then Pats and Genos, etc....Philly should do alright this year and please beat the sh-- out of the Giants- good luck bro!

• 11 months later...

Man, found this while searching for a different post..............this really made me laugh though. The guy even made my sig line for this post (back in April of 2007 anyway). Got to love when he starts praising Winston Justice. I loved Takeo when he was a Bill but our front office really has done the right thing in saying goodbye to some of our aging vets at the right time. Funny Stuff, maybe I'll go over to their board and post a link to this thread :devil:

you probably let your 2nd best offensive weapon go in Stallworth.

Um, grab the dunce cap and stand in the corner man.

Brian

Westbrook

EVER HEAR OF HIM>???????????????

Westbrook = the running back version of Michael Vick. Sure, he'll make some great plays, he'll get ya lots of yards and score ya lots of points, but in the end he's a band aid for a team that -on the whole- is below average. Brian Westbrook will win you insignificant games, and disappear when it counts. I also watch Eagles games.

As for your circular logic concerning D. Walker: Congratulations, Eagles fans! Your wiz-bang GM traded an aging player who wasn't worth his contract for....(drum roll)...an aging player who wasn't worth his contract!

If Spikes starts more than 12 games in 2008, I'll be shocked.

Saw the title of this thread and knew it was from last year and burst out laughing!

Westbrook = the running back version of Michael Vick. Sure, he'll make some great plays, he'll get ya lots of yards and score ya lots of points, but in the end he's a band aid for a team that -on the whole- is below average. Brian Westbrook will win you insignificant games, and disappear when it counts. I also watch Eagles games.

As for your circular logic concerning D. Walker: Congratulations, Eagles fans! Your wiz-bang GM traded an aging player who wasn't worth his contract for....(drum roll)...an aging player who wasn't worth his contract!

If Spikes starts more than 12 games in 2008, I'll be shocked.

Ummmm, Westbrook is one of the best RB's in the league and Spikes was already cut by Philly. The Bills got something for what they were gonna get nothing for. :devil:

Saw the title of this thread and knew it was from last year and burst out laughing!

Ummmm, Westbrook is one of the best RB's in the league and Spikes was already cut by Philly. The Bills got something for what they were gonna get nothing for. :devil:

Definitely didn't check the date on the original post. You can imagine my confusion. Firstly, why THIS of all things was being re-hashed, and secondly, how retarded he sounded.

LOL this whole trade was just a waste for both teams.

Bills got a draft pick for a player they were going to cut, will get Chicago's 5th round this year, and if they feel like it, could still have Spikes & Walker on their roster this year.

no wonder Sal Palantonio of ESPN said "Tell Buffalo Media to quote me- someone up there needs to know they were robbed!"

Thanks for the memories...these kind of dipsh*t comments should be cataloged and maintained for posterity somewhere, to be broken out whenever a major personnel decision takes place.

Bills got a draft pick for a player they were going to cut, will get Chicago's 5th round this year, and if they feel like it, could still have Spikes & Walker on their roster this year.

In the final analysis of both the McGahee and Spikes trades combined, we won big.

We ended up with Poz, Edwards, Stroud and 2 extra 7th round picks, and kept our draft intact(we draft in each round) both last year and this year(something the Skins should learn from us). In return we gave up Spikes, McGahee and Holcomb. If that's not a heist, I don't know what is. Never mind the fact we have gotten better players while paying them less.

Thanks Marv for setting it up, thanks Brandon and Co. for knocking it down.

In the final analysis of both the McGahee and Spikes trades combined, we won big.

We ended up with Poz, Edwards, Stroud and 2 extra 7th round picks, and kept our draft intact(we draft in each round) both last year and this year(something the Skins should learn from us). In return we gave up Spikes, McGahee and Holcomb. If that's not a heist, I don't know what is. Never mind the fact we have gotten better players while paying them less.

Thanks Marv for setting it up, thanks Brandon and Co. for knocking it down.

Would be nice to send this post to Palantonio at ESPN and see what he says now?