espn just bashed mcgahee

everybody always says we get a raw deal when it comes to espn.well on nfl live they just basically called willis a disrespectful jackass!they said how the bills took a flyer on a injured player.if willis didn't like buffalo he still should respect the city that invested heavily in him.i mean they really dissed willis.it was refreshing to see this happen.go bills in"07

everybody always says we get a raw deal when it comes to espn.well on nfl live they just basically called willis a disrespectful jackass!they said how the bills took a flyer on a injured player.if willis didn't like buffalo he still should respect the city that invested heavily in him.i mean they really dissed willis.it was refreshing to see this happen.go bills in"07

Good post and I agree with whomever said that

And you know what the funny thing about this is. When we made the trade a few weeks ago they said the Bills made an AWFUL trade. HEY, WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON ESPN! THE BILLS OR THE RAVENS! I RESPECT YOU BASHING MCGAHEE NOW BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT EARLIER!

And you know what the funny thing about this is. When we made the trade a few weeks ago they said the Bills made an AWFUL trade. HEY, WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON ESPN! THE BILLS OR THE RAVENS! I RESPECT YOU BASHING MCGAHEE NOW BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT EARLIER!

i didnt see any "bashing". but im not over-sensitive about what the tv schleps say either. i saw more than one analyst say it was a good trade for both sides. but ok.

You just beat me to posting this...It was Mark Schlereth who said it and he just gained a fan...He also said he expected McGahee to get pelted with snow when they play Baltimore this year...

Good to hear someone from ESPN get our back...Mortenson would of agreed with McGahee's comments then went for the reach around on him...Luckily 2 dudes can't pro-create we don't need anymore little bad-teethed, grammatically challenged McGahees running around...Especially with the paternity suits and all

i didnt see any "bashing". but im not over-sensitive about what the tv schleps say either. i saw more than one analyst say it was a good trade for both sides. but ok.

it was just on nfl live right before sports center.no they really did bash willis.i just posted part of it.they were commenting on willis mcgahees parting shots on his way out of buffalo.they were not commenting on who got the better of the trade.i forget the sportscaster,that dude with the goatee who played 12 seasons they were talking back nd forth about willis.they really called him out for having no respect for a team that drafted him when he was hurt.

The funniest thing Willis said about Buffalo is they only have chain resturants Applebees etc... Last time I was in Buffalo there were many great local eating establishments. He also said " The women.... well Buffalos not a Big City" he should be pelted by as many snowballs as possible for that statement alone. :(

I would love that a snow fell the night before and during the game it just rained snowballs on McGoofy ALL GAME LONG! It would be great to see it on TV ( I live in FL.) and hear what the announcers had to say. Hey, I could be strongly tempted to coornate a visit and come back home just to go to the game and pay that idiot my respects.

The funniest thing Willis said about Buffalo is they only have chain resturants Applebees etc... Last time I was in Buffalo there were many great local eating establishments. He also said " The women.... well Buffalos not a Big City" he should be pelted by as many snowballs as possible for that statement alone. :(

I gotta say that while I don't know of any Striped Bass/Le Bec Fin type quality restaurants in Buffalo(not that Willis would know them either) I am sure that there has to be some good ones. My parents are from the Falls and my brother/sister/cousins didn't start going out to the restaurants and bars when we go "home" on holidays in Buffalo until relatively recently. I've also been in Buffalo some lately for work. I have to say that I continue to be amazed by the number and quality of flat out pieces of ass(no other way to put it) that I saw.

It easily rivals where I am at now - which is supposedly well known for its women. I mean, I don't have a horse in this race, but I am not seeing what he is saying. Did anyone check to make sure Willis knew the way to Chippewa? I guess if he had a hard time with the playbook as a running back(um... 6 choices: run straight, run left, run right, block, got out for outlet pass, stand there/do nothing), is it possible he messed up the directions? Seriously, I haven't seen Applebee's in that area. Did he simply not know where to go? The chains seem to be a suburbs thing mostly - is he pissed because there ain't a lot of hot women in Tonawanda(randomly picked suburb that happens to be on the 190)?

I would love that a snow fell the night before and during the game it just rained snowballs on McGoofy ALL GAME LONG! It would be great to see it on TV ( I live in FL.) and hear what the announcers had to say. Hey, I could be strongly tempted to coornate a visit and come back home just to go to the game and pay that idiot my respects.
I live in Englewood Fl (between Tampa & FT Myers) I could be easily be tempted to join you. :(

I live in Englewood Fl (between Tampa & FT Myers) I could be easily be tempted to join you. :(

I know exactly where you're at, I'm in Fort Myers. It's nice to have Bills' fans down here. If you're ever in Fort Myers on a Sunday, let me know, we can drink some beers at one of these tiki huts and watch the game.

Englewood, Fort Myers, I may be on the other side and a little south, but I live in Port St. Lucie and as far as im concerned, the 3 B's for me... Beach, beer and bills, (the list could go on but) sounds like that makes three of us haha

and talking down about home, willis just lost the last amount of respect that I had for him... talk about the coaching, talk about the orgainization, but bringing in the best football town and the best fans in the country.... we'll see ya McGahee

for the sake of stuffing mcgahee and making him eat his words lets draft willis (the LB) with the 12th pick and then trade back into round one and draft Puz! unleash them both on mcgahee!!

i'm just joking, just to make that clear... but here's a serious question, do you think the Sabres could loan us one of their goons for that Sunday afternoon?!?! :(

HAHA, that game is going to be GREAT!

for the sake of stuffing mcgahee and making him eat his words lets draft willis (the LB) with the 12th pick and then trade back into round one and draft Puz! unleash them both on mcgahee!!

i'm just joking, just to make that clear... but here's a serious question, do you think the Sabres could loan us one of their goons for that Sunday afternoon?!?! :(

I wouldn't mind Andrew Peters with cleets.

I gotta say that while I don't know of any Striped Bass/Le Bec Fin type quality restaurants in Buffalo(not that Willis would know them either) I am sure that there has to be some good ones. My parents are from the Falls and my brother/sister/cousins didn't start going out to the restaurants and bars when we go "home" on holidays in Buffalo until relatively recently. I've also been in Buffalo some lately for work. I have to say that I continue to be amazed by the number and quality of flat out pieces of ass(no other way to put it) that I saw.

It easily rivals where I am at now - which is supposedly well known for its women. I mean, I don't have a horse in this race, but I am not seeing what he is saying. Did anyone check to make sure Willis knew the way to Chippewa? I guess if he had a hard time with the playbook as a running back(um... 6 choices: run straight, run left, run right, block, got out for outlet pass, stand there/do nothing), is it possible he messed up the directions? Seriously, I haven't seen Applebee's in that area. Did he simply not know where to go? The chains seem to be a suburbs thing mostly - is he pissed because there ain't a lot of hot women in Tonawanda(randomly picked suburb that happens to be on the 190)?

I don't get too upset by what Willis said, because it is obvious that he spent as little time in Buffalo as he could. I found it very odd, amongst all of the criticisms of Buffalo, he picked its' lackl of reteraunts as one to go with. When I go home, I always find it refreshing that, while the chains are popping up, there are so many indie resteraunts still thriving in the city. How could someone who lives and grew up in friggin' Florida not see the difference. One thing Buffalo does as well as any city, is food....

This isn't a bad idea.............I like it :wallbash:

I don't get too upset by what Willis said, because it is obvious that he spent as little time in Buffalo as he could. I found it very odd, amongst all of the criticisms of Buffalo, he picked its' lackl of reteraunts as one to go with. When I go home, I always find it refreshing that, while the chains are popping up, there are so many indie resteraunts still thriving in the city. How could someone who lives and grew up in friggin' Florida not see the difference. One thing Buffalo does as well as any city, is food....

Yep and of all of the things that may be(I don't want to get in trouble) legit gripes coming from Miami->weather, taxes, he picks restaurants? Jesus, if making sure he ran for 1500+ a season = making sure he enjoyed the restaurants I am certain those folks in Buffalo were equal to the task. I mean this is a ridiculous argument.

IMO, what this really is about is the fact that Buffalo, and Upstate in general, is generally not a kiss-ass culture. Last season I was hanging out with my brother at that little bar on the corner(I always forget the name) after the J-ville game, I turn around, and Lee Evans is standing next to me :( . I told him he did a great job blocking in that game and he got all excited and said: "yeah, you know nobody ever tells me that and I work so hard on it". I didn't kiss his ass cause that's just not me - my brother played WR so he started asking him about routes, etc., and Lee seemed to enjoy sharing what he saw, and what he goofed on. I had a similar conversation with Jim Kelly outside smoking a cig and we talked as if it was simply no big deal, just talking football. I doubt that conversation could ever happen with McGahee because he would be offended that I wasn't effusively kissing his ass.

I think he missed the whole point, that Kelly, Thurman, Bruce got, which is that the cool part about playing in Buffalo is that you don't get hang around with 1000's of dilettantes whom you can't respect, you get to hang around with 1000's of friends who will act like friends even when times are tough.

I lived and grew up in friggin Florida (after being born in Buffalo), and always loved teh times I visited Buffalo, mainly because of the food. :(

Good post and I agree with whomever said that

It was Schlereth, who is generally one of their smarter guys, even if I don't always agree with him.

On an ESPN side note, I am really glad they are putting an X's and O's guy like Jaws in the booth for MNF instead of a guy like Theismann who thinks he knows everything but bends with the wind.

(LSI Cadets @ Mar 27 2007, 01:04 AM)

You just beat me to posting this...It was Mark Schlereth who said it and he just gained a fan...He also said he expected McGahee to get pelted with snow when they play Baltimore this year...

Good to hear someone from ESPN get our back...Mortenson would of agreed with McGahee's comments then went for the reach around on him...Luckily 2 dudes can't pro-create we don't need anymore little bad-teethed, grammatically challenged McGahees running around...Especially with the paternity suits and all

Don't you two understand that there are at least two separate issues here? Pull your heads out and see if you can figure out the difference.

1. Some pundits trashed the Bills for the McGahee. That's based on what they feel Willis will give the Ravens compared to what we end up with. Strictly on the field stuff.

2. Willis is one of the dumbest millionairs on the face of the earth. He said some stuupid things off the field. He was trashed for the (apparently) on ESPN.

Do you see that #1 has nothing to do with #2? In 1 some trashed the Bills for a football decision. In 2 they trashed Willis for comments made off the field.

The world isn't black and white...just ask crayonz.

Yep and of all of the things that may be(I don't want to get in trouble) legit gripes coming from Miami->weather, taxes, he picks restaurants? Jesus, if making sure he ran for 1500+ a season = making sure he enjoyed the restaurants I am certain those folks in Buffalo were equal to the task. I mean this is a ridiculous argument.

IMO, what this really is about is the fact that Buffalo, and Upstate in general, is generally not a kiss-ass culture. Last season I was hanging out with my brother at that little bar on the corner(I always forget the name) after the J-ville game, I turn around, and Lee Evans is standing next to me :( . I told him he did a great job blocking in that game and he got all excited and said: "yeah, you know nobody ever tells me that and I work so hard on it". I didn't kiss his ass cause that's just not me - my brother played WR so he started asking him about routes, etc., and Lee seemed to enjoy sharing what he saw, and what he goofed on. I had a similar conversation with Jim Kelly outside smoking a cig and we talked as if it was simply no big deal, just talking football. I doubt that conversation could ever happen with McGahee because he would be offended that I wasn't effusively kissing his ass.

I think he missed the whole point, that Kelly, Thurman, Bruce got, which is that the cool part about playing in Buffalo is that you don't get hang around with 1000's of dilettantes whom you can't respect, you get to hang around with 1000's of friends who will act like friends even when times are tough.

EXCELLENT post. i was going to make one like it, the point being that the difference between "Party-ers" like McGahee and Kelly is that when Jim Kelly would show up to the bar, the first thing he'd do is buy the entire bar a round. McGahee wants to go out and have everyone pay for his drinks for him in his own VIP room.

willis will see what its like being a guy a city is pissed at.. when the ravens visit i m going to toast that slug all game and i sit 5 rows behind the visitors bench,,i can toast his 3 kids ,his great career ,his obvious mental capacity,, his appreciationation for the team that gave him his start in the nfl ...OH GEE I M CONFUSED HE IS THE GUY THAT IS THE UNGRATEFUL.. LOW LIFE , WALKING EPIDEMIC.

he had better have ear plugs for the game i can garuntee he will hear things..lol

I can't believe all of this BS that Willis is saying about Buffalo. I have lived in the Baltimore area my entire life and was born and raised a Skins fan. 5 years ago I married a Bills fan and we travel to Buffalo at least once a season for a game. I love the city of Buffalo and would much rather spend my nights out there. The city is MUCH cleaner than Baltimore and I am not sure what Willis is talking about Chain Restaurants?!??! Thats pretty much all Baltimore has too.....Cheesecake Factory, Hooters, etc.....the seafood restaurants aren't even that great there. And the women in Baltimore.....well need I remind you that Bmore is the gonnorhea capital of the world? I guess Willis just prefers the ghetto!! My husband and I went to the Ravens/Bills game on New Years Eve last year and my husband made the mistake of wearing a McGahee jersey. All of the fans around us were saying how Willis sucked. Of course we knew he did but you always want to root your team on, no matter what. Of course we had front row seats to the game and everyone around us were Ravens fans. I will say, I find myself cheering on the bills more these days than the skins because of how friendly Buffalonians are. We went to Buffalo a few years ago to see them play the skins and even though I wore my skins jersey, the fans were so nice to me. Wish I could say the same about people around here. If it wasn't so dang cold in Buffalo we would actually consider moving up there and away from the DC/Bmore area. GO bills in 07!

I think McGahee's lowest blow by far was his not so veiled bashing of the quaility of women in Buffalo. They should wear t-shirts that say "Hey McGoofee, That's ok because Buffalo women won't go out with butt ugly lowlifes like you anyways" or just simply put "FUWM" on them.

I think his low class "player" act is starting to finally see the light of day, specifically the national NFL reporters. Not that it matters to Bills fans, but at least McGahee's image is being dragged through the mud as it should be. The guy's a first class slug and will be treated as such when the Ravens come to town.

Don't you two understand that there are at least two separate issues here? Pull your heads out and see if you can figure out the difference.

1. Some pundits trashed the Bills for the McGahee. That's based on what they feel Willis will give the Ravens compared to what we end up with. Strictly on the field stuff.

2. Willis is one of the dumbest millionairs on the face of the earth. He said some stuupid things off the field. He was trashed for the (apparently) on ESPN.

Do you see that #1 has nothing to do with #2? In 1 some trashed the Bills for a football decision. In 2 they trashed Willis for comments made off the field.

The world isn't black and white...just ask crayonz.

I didn't mean to quote LSI...I was strictly referring to your 2nd point...Take it easy

One good thing will come out of Willis' big mouth.....at least the Bills/Ravens game should sell out this year. My husband is talking about driving up for the game to see Willis get his ass kicked.

Good deal, and more importantly welcome! BTW--wishing that Willis gets his ass kicked is OK. Wishing that Willis has both legs tied around his neck will bring the panty wearing crowd (no offense to you of course) out in droves.

The city is MUCH cleaner than Baltimore and I am not sure what Willis is talking about Chain Restaurants?!??! Thats pretty much all Baltimore has too.....Cheesecake Factory, Hooters, etc.....the seafood restaurants aren't even that great there. And the women in Baltimore.....well need I remind you that Bmore is the gonnorhea capital of the world? I guess Willis just prefers the ghetto!! My husband and I went to the Ravens/Bills game on New Years Eve last year and my husband made the mistake of wearing a McGahee jersey. All of the fans around us were saying how Willis sucked.

A few things. I love Buffalo as much as anyone, but coming to northern b-more for college has made me like this area. I can't really compare the cleanliness of the cities, cause they both have their nice areas and the dumps (ever seen the wire? :( ). However, you should never make the mistake of dissing Baltimore seafood restaurants in general. That's like dissing cheesesteak places in Philly, or wings in B-Lo. As far as the girls go... I just finished at Towson U which is just 2 miles north of the city line. A few years back it was rated by Playboy as the number two college in the country for girls behind only USC. Add in the 3 to 1 girl to guy ratio in the area and even a guy like me can get lucky.

With that stated, I was at the New Years Eve game as well (sitting in a season ticket holder section with a giant chicken wing on my head) and definitely noticed a lack of fans that wanted to talk football, which is something I love doing at road games. The Raven "fans" around here keep telling me that McGahee is going to be incredible now that he's on a great team, but I don't buy it. Stack up the Raven's O vs the Bills O by position and I think people can tell that Buffalo should be the better of the two this year. The Ravens still don't have a legitimate number one receiver, their QB is definitely on the decline, and they are possibly going to lose 3 starting OL men.

A few things. I love Buffalo as much as anyone, but coming to northern b-more for college has made me like this area. I can't really compare the cleanliness of the cities, cause they both have their nice areas and the dumps (ever seen the wire? :( ). However, you should never make the mistake of dissing Baltimore seafood restaurants in general. That's like dissing cheesesteak places in Philly, or wings in B-Lo. As far as the girls go... I just finished at Towson U which is just 2 miles north of the city line. A few years back it was rated by Playboy as the number two college in the country for girls behind only USC. Add in the 3 to 1 girl to guy ratio in the area and even a guy like me can get lucky.

As for the seafood restaurants, the only one that is halfway good is Phillips which isn't that great. I go to OC for the best seafood NOT Bmore. As for cleanliness, Bmore is awful and always smells like sewage! As for women around here, Willis should have no problem fathering several more children here......he is a millionaire! Crabs are everywhere!

After we get his attention with a few well placed ice balls, all chant ""Willis, Willis "

then moon him 70,000 strong in unison"!

I thought he was misunderstood(Bills should move to Toronto), but no( Buff girls are ugly, no place for good food, teammates can 't play,like being in Siberia), he's just a jerk. I hope our D plants his ass.

As for the seafood restaurants, the only one that is halfway good is Phillips which isn't that great. I go to OC for the best seafood NOT Bmore. As for cleanliness, Bmore is awful and always smells like sewage! As for women around here, Willis should have no problem fathering several more children here......he is a millionaire! Crabs are everywhere!

I ate at Phillips and I hated it. Crab shells in the crab cakes....enough said. However, I think Baltimore is a great town and really enjoy visiting there. Lots of things to do. A lot of homeless people though, a real lot.

I ate at Phillips and I hated it. Crab shells in the crab cakes....enough said. However, I think Baltimore is a great town and really enjoy visiting there. Lots of things to do. A lot of homeless people though, a real lot.

Phillips is really inconsistent, and is definitely not even near the best seafood in Baltimore. Berthas, Mama's, Blue Sea Grill.... So many to choose.

I heard on ESPN radio yesterday evening and they were bashing Willis big time. Saying that he must be more concerned about nightlife and partying than his job. Cutting him a new you know what.

Also saying he is stupid to bash Buffalo, what if it doesn't work out in Baltimore is he going to blame it on crabcakes. Funny to listen too !