Bills to package players to Philly

kdipirro

You'll be lucky to get a 5th or 6th round for spikes and 7th round for Kelly.

Forget draft picks like those that would be a disaster. We need a starter on defense. No way would the Bills agree to a 5th rounder for Spikes.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be lucky to get a 5th or 6th round for spikes and 7th round for Kelly.

I'd like to think they are worth a little more than that. I would say a 4th for TKO and a 6th for Holcomb. Together, considering Philly has a low 3rd round pick, that should suffice.

But practically, Kelly has no value to the bills. They have Nall. He is the backup. Holcomb will probably be cut anyway, so anything we can get for him is good.

Forget draft picks like those that would be a disaster. We need a starter on defense. No way would the Bills agree to a 5th rounder for Spikes.

we don't actually have to use that pick to get a replacement to Spikes. BTW Ellison is a 6th rounder and he'll most likely be starting this year, and last year he was better than Spikes, imo.

Except that Philly wants to dump Walker and his salary....so a Walker for Holcomb & Spikes deal could help both teams out...

BTW- remember hearing a few weeks ago that Holcomb was considering retirement...I wonder if going to Philly would tilt his decision either way!

The Holcomb retirement thing was complete nonsense. It was taken from an interview with Craig Nall and Nall was completely joking about it.

Travis Henry was a third. Spikes has hardly anything left. The guy appears to be done. Do you think he'll recover. I don't

it doesn't matter what we think. They will have doctors look at him and test his recovery.

The Holcomb retirement thing was complete nonsense. It was taken from an interview with Craig Nall and Nall was completely joking about it.

Oh, I only heard it referenced in another conversation, with no indication that it was a joke, or came from Nall....never mind!

Travis Henry was a third. Spikes has hardly anything left. The guy appears to be done. Do you think he'll recover. I don't

and Moulds was a fifth and promptly cut by the Texans one year later. We can hope for a day one pick for both of them but we might be lucky for a 4th but to be honest I'd much see Darwin Walker back. As rather see a player back then continuingly adding holes with no replacements in site.

Henry was a second. As for Spikes, I believe he will have 3 more very good years. With him leaving, we have two strong safetys playing as our OLBers. I liked Ellisons performance alright, but you gotta wonder how long a guy like him and Coy friggen' Wire can hold up as full time starters at LB. I wouldn't bet against TWO day one LBers at all..................

I dunno....Spikes is only about 30...that is prime age for some of the best linebackers. I know his injury was serious, but if there was any player I would bet on to return to form, it would be Spikes. Personally, I will be pretty diappointed if we just dump him to save money, for a 5 to 7th round pick.

Henry was a second. As for Spikes, I believe he will have 3 more very good years. With him leaving, we have two strong safeties playing as our OLBers. I liked Ellisons performance alright, but you gotta wonder how long a guy like him and Coy friggin' Wire can hold up as full time starters at LB. I wouldn't bet against TWO day one Liners at all..................

I think he meant that Henry netted us a 3rd in return. All for a player that was in his prime and coming off a strong season ie not the question mark that is TKO and the perennial back up that is Holcomb.

Henry was a second. As for Spikes, I believe he will have 3 more very good years. With him leaving, we have two strong safetys playing as our OLBers. I liked Ellisons performance alright, but you gotta wonder how long a guy like him and Coy friggen' Wire can hold up as full time starters at LB. I wouldn't bet against TWO day one LBers at all..................

Henry was dealt for a third better get you facts right

I dunno....Spikes is only about 30...that is prime age for some of the best linebackers. I know his injury was serious, but if there was any player I would bet on to return to form, it would be Spikes. Personally, I will be pretty diappointed if we just dump him to save money, for a 5 to 7th round pick.

Me too. that's why I hope Marv is holding out for more. I'd love Walker and a draft choice (for Spike and Holcomb, as has been speculated by others)...or a #2 (or even #3) for the pair. Otherwise, keep TKO...we have the $, we are not in THAT bad of shape.

(bad shape? bad of shape? bad a shape? English seems to be missing with sense of humor. Syntax slipping too....ohhhh s#it.....)

Me too. that's why I hope Marv is holding out for more. I'd love Walker and a draft choice (for Spike and Holcomb, as has been speculated by others)...or a #2 (or even #3) for the pair. Otherwise, keep TKO...we have the $, we are not in THAT bad of shape.

(bad shape? bad of shape? bad a shape? English seems to be missing with sense of humor. Syntax slipping too....ohhhh s#it.....)

Marv should be able to get a 2nd or 1st. Spikes is so well known he is worth at least that. ;)

Who cares that hs performance on the field sucks (when he's not hurt) and he is vastly overpaid.

He's got the name recognition that fans love!!

It seems to me that cutting Holcomb, based on clump's page, wouldn't net us any gain. His cap hit is about equal to his salary. So if we unload him and Spikes onto Philly, I guess that's progress. Then again, it all comes down to what we get in return.

If Holcomb is cut, we suffer a 2.185 in dead cap this season. It's almost good enough to get a 5th and 6th for both of them and let go the salary. If we get a player who can step in, all the more better.