Plans for NFL Draft....

thebug

It's too bad the NFL Network isn't as widespread as ESPN, because their coverage of last year's draft was miles ahead of ESPN. Hopefully, the various cable and satellite providers will get their stuff together and make NFL Network available to anyone.

Man that sounds like a great time. I may do the same thing. Booze it up all day, get my wife good & pissed off & then cook a 16 oz steak at around 7:30 or 8:00 & eat it right in front of her & then pass out. Man I cant wait for the draft.

It doesn't bother my wife at all. In fact she fries up the onions and mushrooms for me while I am grilling the steak.

The only time I get into trouble is late on day two when my ass has begun to leave a permanent indentation on the sofa cushions.

I'll come to TSW and watch it implode when Marv takes some guy that people haven't heard of.

I'll be @ RICH Stadium for the draft party, but I'm sure someone will check in to see how badly Marv (or is it Marve?) sucks as GM after wasting each pick.

It doesn't bother my wife at all. In fact she fries up the onions and mushrooms for me while I am grilling the steak.

The only time I get into trouble is late on day two when my ass has begun to leave a permanent indentation on the sofa cushions.

Nah, my wife is pretty good about that kinda stuff too. Although she doesnt understand how I could sit their in front of a tv for 10hrs, starring at names scrolling down the bottom of the screen.

Nah, my wife is pretty good about that kinda stuff too. Although she doesnt understand how I could sit their in front of a tv for 10hrs, starring at names scrolling down the bottom of the screen.

Haha!! My wife is the same way.

The draft is like Christmas for me. Or like the day of our Fanatasy Football league draft.

Every year I spend the first few hours with a couple of friends at a sport bar and eat wings and play eucher.

Then I go home, buy myself a 16 oz ribeye and grill it to perfection.

Sit on the sofa in my shorts and a t-shirt and pig out in front of the the TV. (watching a half dozen of the ESPN personalities I dislike). But there is nothing like hearing Mel Kiper say something like: "It's obvious to me the Jets don't know what a draft's all about."

Wow. Pretty much perfect.

It's too bad the NFL Network isn't as widespread as ESPN, because their coverage of last year's draft was miles ahead of ESPN. Hopefully, the various cable and satellite providers will get their stuff together and make NFL Network available to anyone.

I disagree. I have both channels and although I couldn't get through the off-season without NFL Network their first attempt at covering the draft looked second rate. I will still flip channels though. It baffles me that people would not get Direct TV or at least pay for NFL Netowrk from their cable operator. It is worth it.

By the way...for all you with little ones and a wife... "Go Diego Go" from Nickelodeon is in Buffalo (Sheas) on draft day... That may buy you a couple precious hours if your wife gives you a hard time. Mine is totally cool with it and she understands my excitment & emotions because she acts the same way when the Oscars roll around.