Scumbag keeps taking shots

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McGahee: "Coming from Miami, I was used to partying, going out, just having something to do every night. Restaurants, whatever. Going to Buffalo, it was like hitting a brick wall. Like, 'Damn!' Can't go out, can't do nothing. There's an Applebee's, a TGI Friday's, and they just got a Dave & Busters. They got that, and I'm like, 'What the?' And, you know, the women ...

"You see, when I was in college that's what I used to thrive off of," the 25-year-old says. "The better you do, the more fame you get. So you know, it was like, I was used to that. And then you get to Buffalo and no matter how you do, it's the same. It's no big city. You know what I did every day? I came home and played video games."

Sounds like he was a big hit with his teamates.

Your on a team with 50 guys and there is nothing to do?

I think Willis just misses that thuggin' and buggin' thang that is the city of Miami, because it's just not enough to have an incredibly high salaried job and to be catered to by an entire city. It's more about being catered to by the right kind of peeps, ya'll know what I'm sayin'?

Unforutnatly, Willis is going to find out that what he does for a living is actually a real job and that his source of income and adoration can dry up quite quickly.

Well, in his defense, he did manage to get out enough to knock up three different women. Maybe he should have done more of the "staying home and playing video games" because it is clear that is where his intellect peaks.

I wonder what he didn't like about Buffalo women? Not thuggish enough?

I guess you haven't been to South Beach? Great article, I don't understand why the local papers in Buffalo never provide such insight? The guy is what he is, my bottom line on him is that he is an above average back, but will never be an elite back. He has the skills of Edge James, but not the brain. He has great strength, below average vision, above average speed, average hands, and below average understanding of defenses. He is no Frank Gore!

I guess you haven't been to South Beach? Great article, I don't understand why the local papers in Buffalo never provide such insight? The guy is what he is, my bottom line on him is that he is an above average back, but will never be an elite back. He has the skills of Edge James, but not the brain. He has great strength, below average vision, above average speed, average hands, and below average understanding of defenses. He is no Frank Gore!

or Al Gore either. :thumbsup:

Anybody that says the party secen sucks in buffalo go down to Chippewa on a thurs, fri or sat night. It is like Mardi Gras their every weekend. Obviously it is not south beach, but I would venture to say it is comparable to 75-80% of the NFL cities.

Is this a joke?

Buffalo is not Miami, LA, NY, Chicago or San Francisco. IMO, it compares VERY favorably (in a party/drinking sense) to Baltimore, Jacksonville, Green Bay, Denver, Cleveland, Indianapolis...you get the picture.

Baltimore, I believe, has the upper hand over us. Jacksonville definately so, due to the fact that it is very close by to other major cities. Green Bay is about the size of Hamburg, so that doesnt even count. The others im not sure about.

Do the bars still close at 4am in the Bufftown? If not, what then...3am? They close at 1am in San Francisco (if I'm not mistaken)...same in Boston, no?
I really really really doubt they close past 2am in Buffalo. Have you strolled the streets in Buffalo past midnight? Its a ghosttown. Other major cities there are a ton of people still up and having fun. Im not sure about San Fran, but I was in Boston/Providence a few months ago and we left a bar at nearly 2AM and it was still open.

Rochester, is a better party scene than Buffalo if you ask me. East Ave, Monroe Ave, and Lake Ave are the main destinations.

Those pictures look an awful like North Collins. :thumbsup:

I really really really doubt they close past 2am in Buffalo. Have you strolled the streets in Buffalo past midnight? Its a ghosttown. Other major cities there are a ton of people still up and having fun. Im not sure about San Fran, but I was in Boston/Providence a few months ago and we left a bar at nearly 2AM and it was still open.

well, to turn around and now defend Buffalo.. the bars are regularly open until AFTER 4am. especially in the summer, wed-sat.

theres always trouble/fun to get into in allentown or on elmwood.

well, to turn around and now defend Buffalo.. the bars are regularly open until AFTER 4am. especially in the summer, wed-sat.

As I said, I didnt 'know', I just doubted. Care to name some of these bars? I have never seen them.

As I said, I didnt 'know', I just doubted. Care to name some of these bars? I have never seen them.

in allentown? the pink, hardware, frizzy's...

elmwood? Coles, Merlin's(if youre not afraid to 'slum' it), the martini bar across from Merlin's, Toro and the place next to Toro (sorry, names are escaping me, i havent LIVED in buffalo in almost 2 years, but im back often to visit and we always hit all the old haunts)

the Mohawk is a great place to drink and an even better place to see a show. bands dont usually take the stage until 1am or so.

I'm not here to try to bag on you, but your points about Chippewa and Buffalo Bars are not coming from a position of knowledge. The Chippewa strip is open until 4 in the morning. In the Summer, there is a literal throng of people roaming the couple blocks of this section. As for the Bars, Diablo, Coles, Skybar, whatever, you name it in that area and its open late.

I'm not here to try to bag on you, but your points about Chippewa and Buffalo Bars are not coming from a position of knowledge. The Chippewa strip is open until 4 in the morning. In the Summer, there is a literal throng of people roaming the couple blocks of this section. As for the Bars, Diablo, Coles, Skybar, whatever, you name it in that area and its open late.

I never said anything about Chippewa and I never said that I KNEW the Buffalo bars werent open to 4am. I just said I 'doubted' they were.

Willis is not interested in the Buffalo style, and Baltimore for that matter, "watering hole" type bars. I believe he is one of these hip-hop guys, which is very trendy in places like LA, Miami, and NYC.

The bottom line is Buffalo doesn't have the type of leadership to keep this guy under control; if this was the Bill's of the early '90s he wouldn't have been a problem. We have been a losing team for so long that individuals with poor attention spans are not going to do well, which he fits the molds. Believe me, Ray Lewis probably had a very good talk with him before any deal was done.

This whole situation is another case of Donahoe not doing his due diligence and blowing another draft pick. This guy shouldn't have been selected in the first place!

Is this a joke?

Baltimore, I believe, has the upper hand over us. Jacksonville definately so, due to the fact that it is very close by to other major cities. Green Bay is about the size of Hamburg, so that doesnt even count. The others im not sure about.

Rochester, is a better party scene than Buffalo if you ask me. East Ave, Monroe Ave, and Lake Ave are the main destinations.

Those pictures look an awful like North Collins. :thumbsup:

???

Believe me, Buffalo has its flaws, but it remains one of the most culturally rich small- to mid-size cities in America. The population is educated and surprisingly literate culturally considering the circumstances. The city has long had (and still has) a good art and theater scene, good food, and an extremely rich cultural inheritance. Architecturally, there are few cities that have as good a stock of buildings. And Jacksonville?? It's a glorified cowtown that is close to completely devoid of culture (sorry if I'm offending anyone). And what "major" cities is it close too that don't require a multi-hour drive? Orlando?!?

As for bars, I don't think many places have much on Buffalo (and I've lived in Hollywood and Brooklyn for the last 17 years of my life). Anyway, getting loaded is about the easiest thing in the world to do, and if we're judging nightlife and culture on that basis, then that's a sad state of affairs. Warmth is another issue, but again, that's overrated -- I'd take Madison or Minneapolis any day over Atlanta.

???

Believe me, Buffalo has its flaws, but it remains one of the most culturally rich small- to mid-size cities in America. The population is educated and surprisingly literate culturally considering the circumstances. The city has long had (and still has) a good art and theater scene, good food, and an extremely rich cultural inheritance. Architecturally, there are few cities that have as good a stock of buildings. And Jacksonville?? It's a glorified cowtown that is close to completely devoid of culture (sorry if I'm offending anyone). And what "major" cities is it close too that don't require a multi-hour drive? Orlando?!?

As for bars, I don't think many places have much on Buffalo (and I've lived in Hollywood and Brooklyn for the last 17 years of my life). Anyway, getting loaded is about the easiest thing in the world to do, and if we're judging nightlife and culture on that basis, then that's a sad state of affairs. Warmth is another issue, but again, that's overrated -- I'd take Madison or Minneapolis any day over Atlanta.

I was actually thinking more of a short plane ride than a long drive, considering these are multi-millionaire NFL players we are talking about. Jacksonville is an extremely short plane ride from Orlando, Daytona Beach, and Tampa.

I guess you have your opinions about Buffalo. I know when my parents grew up, they spoke of Buffalo as a much grander city than it is now.

A bar in Boston that is open past 2 am is one that will be shut down by the authorities the next week.

Willis is not interested in the Buffalo style, and Baltimore for that matter, "watering hole" type bars. I believe he is one of these hip-hop guys, which is very trendy in places like LA, Miami, and NYC.

The bottom line is Buffalo doesn't have the type of leadership to keep this guy under control; if this was the Bill's of the early '90s he wouldn't have been a problem. We have been a losing team for so long that individuals with poor attention spans are not going to do well, which he fits the molds. Believe me, Ray Lewis probably had a very good talk with him before any deal was done.

This whole situation is another case of Donahoe not doing his due diligence and blowing another draft pick. This guy shouldn't have been selected in the first place!

Donahoe just wanted to be the guy that made the big splash in the draft that year and the way it was talked about during the entire offseason, TD made the impact he wanted to. Thank God that era is over and we can get back to trying to build a team that cares about football, each other, and the fans.