Scumbag keeps taking shots

its only part of it for some people. and unfortunately a lot of them end up robbed, stabbed or shot. being in a city where you can party ts not a rule, or the standard for a professional athlete who is serious about their career. if its such a big deal to Willis then even better we got rid of him.

Peyton Manning is one of the greatest QB's of all time, and last seasons Super Bowl winning QB. He is seen at clubs and parties throughout the city on multiple nights. Indianpolis fans will tell you about it more ... google it. Remember that Jim Kelly guy? He was known to be one heck of a partyer also. Were these guys not "serious about their career" in your opinion.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But even that would be too late to cause a pos like this any real discomfort. He's already got over by making millions. He is just one more reason for me to turn my back on the NFL forever. I feel like a douche paying to watch these guys.

Ok, you're taking it a little to far. You think Joe Thronton is a saint? Or Cheechoo? Or political figures? Or actors? If you honestly have that high of standards, you probably will need to get rid of your tv all together.

The good thing is that Marv and company are building a roster of guys you can be proud of. Now let's just hope it translates into some wins. :D

Peyton Manning is one of the greatest QB's of all time, and last seasons Super Bowl winning QB. He is seen at clubs and parties throughout the city on multiple nights. Indianpolis fans will tell you about it more ... google it. Remember that Jim Kelly guy? He was known to be one heck of a partyer also. Were these guys not "serious about their career" in your opinion.

you dont get what im saying. your 2 examples were perfect for my point. 2 guys that like to go out, but are on small market, crappy city teams. but they were able to suck it up and perform and worry first and foremost about football, not if the club scene was up to standard. they didnt use the city as an excuse for poor play. they have their priorities straight. so yeah. id say they were serious about their career.

kelly is the perfect example because he attended the U as well. he had a taste of the nightlife. he didnt get up here and pout about the clubs not being the same. he came up and played football and did what every real drinker does... not care WHERE you are as long as youre drinking!!! :D

First of all, let's not compare a barely above average rb with hall of famers.

Second, do you honestly think those two would let the city's party scene affect their performance on a field or how much they wanna play for a team? You think they would make comments about the women of a city after they had just been hit with 3 paternity suits in 2 years?

Willis is a douche and no offense, you sound like one for defending him. :D

its very possible, and probable, that he will blow thru all the guaranteed money within the next 5-10 years. easy.

hes what? 24-25? by time all 3 sons are hitting middle school he'll be broke

Because 40% of his paycheck is going to Child Support, he will be broke?

Exactly. I live here and kinda agree with some of the stuff he said. But he was paid to be a professional football player. The Bills took a huge (and stupid , thanks Tom) gamble and paid him a lot of money. His teammates trusted him to put forth and be prepared the same way they were. Mostly, the fans of this "rundown town" spent a lot of their hard earned money to pay his salary and buy his jersey. And this douce tells us he wasn't fully committed because he couldn't party the way he wanted to??? F@@@ him.

The best part is Jauron and Levy could have trashed him after some of his comments. But they took the high road. The difference is they are men and Willis is a little boy who feels entitled to things because he can run with a football. As I said before, I don't wish ill will on anyone. But Willis got everything he wanted and still felt the need to trash Buffalo. All I know is things have a way balancing out and when they do, I won't laugh but I won't necessarily cry either. :D

I guess I missed the part where he said that he wasnt committed because of the city. I just read that he didnt like Buffalo because it didnt have anything to do. Anyone have a quote where he said he wasnt commited because of the city?

you dont get what im saying. your 2 examples were perfect for my point. 2 guys that like to go out, but are on small market, crappy city teams. but they were able to suck it up and perform and worry first and foremost about football, not if the club scene was up to standard. they didnt use the city as an excuse for poor play. they have their priorities straight. so yeah. id say they were serious about their career.

No. You said "you can party ts not a rule, or the standard for a professional athlete who is serious about their career" ... but it has become the standard for Peyton Manning and was the standard for Jim Kelly. So were they not serious about their career?

First of all, let's not compare a barely above average rb with hall of famers.

Second, do you honestly think those two would let the city's party scene affect their performance on a field or how much they wanna play for a team? You think they would make comments about the women of a city after they had just been hit with 3 paternity suits in 2 years?

Willis is a douce and no offense, you sound like one for defending him. :D

Im not defending him. Im simplying trying to show you guys how ridiculous you sound trying to bash him on an internet message board. Many of you seem to be taking what he said out of context also. And what is a douce?

Because 40% of his paycheck is going to Child Support, he will be broke?

I guess I missed the part where he said that he wasnt committed because of the city. I just read that he didnt like Buffalo because it didnt have anything to do. Anyone have a quote where he said he wasnt commited because of the city? No. You said "you can party ts not a rule, or the standard for a professional athlete who is serious about their career" ... but it has become the standard for Peyton Manning and was the standard for Jim Kelly. So were they not serious about their career?

Happy to leave

Last season ended and McGahee left Buffalo, N.Y., immediately. "I couldn't wait to get out of there," the running back says. He rushed home to Miami and left his visiting mother in Buffalo to tie up loose ends. McGahee had no doubt that his time with the Bills was over, even though another year remained on his contract.

Ten weeks later, his agent called and told McGahee a trade to Baltimore was complete. "I was yelling and [stuff], running through the whole house, screaming, 'Yes! Yes!'" he says. "It was such a relief."

Kelso says McGahee's work ethic was drawn into question when he refused to attend voluntary offseason workouts with the Bills, preferring to train in Miami. Coaches pleaded, but he wouldn't budge.

"It's not that I didn't want to work out," says McGahee, who's planning on attending the Ravens' voluntary workouts this spring. "I just didn't want to do it in Buffalo."

:D

\

No. You said "you can party ts not a rule, or the standard for a professional athlete who is serious about their career" ... but it has become the standard for Peyton Manning and was the standard for Jim Kelly. So were they not serious about their career?

right, being in a city that has a great club scene is not a rule. just look at Peyton Manning or Jim Kelly. they both were in cities where the party scene sucks. but they are both able to find a good enough time to keep them happy. their main focus obviously is not on the level of club they are attending. EVERY player is going to go out for dinner/drinks. why wouldnt they?!? they are mostly in their 20s, making millions. great for them. but for MOST OF THEM, they worry primarily about football, and settle on going out where ever they are...

"being in a city where you can party is not a rule, or the standard for a professional athlete who is serious about their career"

both Manning and Kelly are in crap-party cities. they are fine with it and make the best of it cause they know they are not there to party.

got it?

Im not defending him. Im simplying trying to show you guys how ridiculous you sound trying to bash him on an internet message board. Many of you seem to be taking what he said out of context also. And what is a douce?

I could be wrong but this is a message board where you discuss matters pertaining to the Buffalo Bills right? I'm sure there are a lot of Bills fans that would love to tell this to Willis' face. I agree it is a little silly but when a guy gets what he wants (a trade and millions of dollars) and then unnecessarily bashes a city you love, you need to vent.

And oh, it's late and my spelling of female products is a little off.

:D

He never said his performance on the field was affected by the city he was in. He commented on him having to play video games after practice/game instead of clubbing. But never said it affected his gameplay.

right, being in a city that has a great club scene is not a rule. just look at Peyton Manning or Jim Kelly. they both were in cities where the party scene sucks. but they are both able to find a good enough time to keep them happy. their main focus obviously is not on the level of club they are attending. EVERY player is going to go out for dinner/drinks. why wouldnt they?!? they are mostly in their 20s, making millions. great for them. but for MOST OF THEM, they worry primarily about football, and settle on going out where ever they are...

"being in a city where you can party is not a rule, or the standard for a professional athlete who is serious about their career"

both Manning and Kelly are in crap-party cities. they are fine with it and make the best of it cause they know they are not there to party.

got it?

Yes I do, but I dont think you do. Kelly and Manning both are huge partyers. I understand what you are saying about the city (PS have you been to Indianpolis?). What I am saying is that you said it is not the "standard for a professional athlete who is serious about his career" ... yet for Manning and Kelly it IS/WAS THE STANDARD! They just didnt let it conflict with work. But it WAS the standard for them to go clubbing after practice/after a game/in the off-season. McGahee made the comment that he (after practice/game) would play video games. He never said "during". manning/kelly AFTER the games/practice would party. That was their STANDARD. Maybe we are just pushing two different points and cant understand each other???

I could be wrong but this is a message board where you discuss matters pertaining to the Buffalo Bills right? I'm sure there are a lot of Bills fans that would love to tell this to Willis' face. I agree it is a little silly but when a guy gets what he wants (a trade and millions of dollars) and then unnecessarily bashes a city you love, you need to vent.

And oh, it's late and my spelling of female products is a little off.

Yes, this is a message board. Which is why I am stating my opinion. Whats wrong with that?

Damnit, I know you won our bet and all... but I still don't like Manning.

He's too much of a redneck. :grin:

LOL! What was the bet again? I very vaguely remember it. Was it that Manning would win the SB?

He never said his performance on the field was affected by the city he was in. He commented on him having to play video games after practice/game instead of clubbing. But never said it affected his gameplay.

Yes I do, but I dont think you do. Kelly and Manning both are huge partyers. I understand what you are saying about the city (PS have you been to Indianpolis?). What I am saying is that you said it is not the "standard for a professional athlete who is serious about his career" ... yet for Manning and Kelly it IS/WAS THE STANDARD! They just didnt let it conflict with work. But it WAS the standard for them to go clubbing after practice/after a game/in the off-season. McGahee made the comment that he (after practice/game) would play video games. He never said "during". manning/kelly AFTER the games/practice would party. That was their STANDARD. Maybe we are just pushing two different points and cant understand each other???

no dude, for the 3rd and last time:

"GOING OUT" is the standard you are talking about. i never said that players shouldnt go out at all.

what im saying is that Buffalo was OBVIOUSLY good enough for Kelly, even though we both agree it is a sub-standard city as far as "club scene" goes. kelly didnt care WHERE he was. he was more interested in playing football, then going out afterwards and having a good time. no matter where he was.

Willis is using this sub-standard scene as an excuse for him not being happy, therefore(indirectly) not performing well.

for athletes that are serious about football, they do not look at the team they sign to and have the top priority be "how is the club scene". just like Manning and Kelly, they sign to sub-standard cities but make the best of it because partying isnt top priority, even though they enjoy going out. they enjoy it anywhere since its not a huge deal...

no dude, for the 3rd and last time:

"GOING OUT" is the standard you are talking about. i never said that players shouldnt go out at all.

what im saying is that Buffalo was OBVIOUSLY good enough for Kelly, even though we both agree it is a sub-standard city as far as "club scene" goes. kelly didnt care WHERE he was. he was more interested in playing football, then going out afterwards and having a good time. no matter where he was.

Willis is using this sub-standard scene as an excuse for him not being happy, therefore(indirectly) not performing well.

for athletes that are serious about football, they do not look at the team they sign to and have the top priority be "how is the club scene". just like Manning and Kelly, they sign to sub-standard cities but make the best of it because partying isnt top priority, even though they enjoy going out. they enjoy it anywhere since its not a huge deal...

Alright. Yes, I was just on a different thinking pattern than you were. Everything you said was true. I guess Kelly and Manning fly out of town to go partying.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-sp....story?track=tbd

I hope he fails miserably in Baltimore.

His mother sounds like an incredible person though, props to her.

i do think willis got somewhat of a raw deal with the media mucky mucks and some "holier than thou" fans obsessing over the guy. and i think some of his negative comments now are in reaction to those people. however, having been to baltimore i think he's very dillusional about what he'll find there. his comments imply he thinks moving there is similar to going to a major media or party center like new york, los angeles or miami. baltimore is a heck of lot closer in character to buffalo than it is to any of those places. whether he knows it or not, he'll be dining at TGI Friday's, playing Madden 2007 and heading back down south for acceptable baby mommas.

McGahee: "Coming from Miami, I was used to partying, going out, just having something to do every night. Restaurants, whatever. Going to Buffalo, it was like hitting a brick wall. Like, 'Damn!' Can't go out, can't do nothing. There's an Applebee's, a TGI Friday's, and they just got a Dave & Busters. They got that, and I'm like, 'What the?' And, you know, the women ...

"You see, when I was in college that's what I used to thrive off of," the 25-year-old says. "The better you do, the more fame you get. So you know, it was like, I was used to that. And then you get to Buffalo and no matter how you do, it's the same. It's no big city. You know what I did every day? I came home and played video games."