Brown scouts sighted at ND

Hey guys, I know I'll probably get flamed for posting with no link or anything but everyone here knows I've been at ND for undergrad and again now for law school, so hopefully you will consider me credible. I was walking back to my car from the gym on thursday. I have to walk past the "Gug" center for football players on the way to parking from the gym. Anyway, I'm walking next to two guys, I look at the duffelbag one of them is holding and it's a Clevland Browns bag. Turns out they were actually scouts. No incredible revelations came from our small-talk but i did think it was interesting that they were incredibly tight-lipped about who they were on campus to see. I busted their balls a bit, telling them to enjoy Brady next year and they made a point of being very cagey with all their answers, refusing to admit he was the reason the were on campus. Anyway, I'm not claiming to have any inside knowledge that they are going with Quinn, I just figured i'd report the sighting since I haven't seen any website mention they were here looking at players. Makes sense though. Quinn is a hometown boy from Dublin, Ohio. Draftig him would give them a posterboy for the organization because of his local ties. Add to that Crennel's relationship with Weis and I think he goes to the Browns. Just some thoughts!

Hey guys, I know I'll probably get flamed for posting with no link or anything but everyone here knows I've been at ND for undergrad and again now for law school, so hopefully you will consider me credible. I was walking back to my car from the gym on thursday. I have to walk past the "Gug" center for football players on the way to parking from the gym. Anyway, I'm walking next to two guys, I look at the duffelbag one of them is holding and it's a Clevland Browns bag. Turns out they were actually scouts. No incredible revelations came from our small-talk but i did think it was interesting that they were incredibly tight-lipped about who they were on campus to see. I busted their balls a bit, telling them to enjoy Brady next year and they made a point of being very cagey with all their answers, refusing to admit he was the reason the were on campus. Anyway, I'm not claiming to have any inside knowledge that they are going with Quinn, I just figured i'd report the sighting since I haven't seen any website mention they were here looking at players. Makes sense though. Quinn is a hometown boy from Dublin, Ohio. Draftig him would give them a posterboy for the organization because of his local ties. Add to that Crennel's relationship with Weis and I think he goes to the Browns. Just some thoughts!

The fact that they were there actually means zero. Of course they are going to be looking at him every way possible. Just as they will look at AP every way possible. Teams don't decide on players early and then avoid looking at others. And a lot of these fact finding missions find stuff and reasons NOT to draft players.

I am in no way saying the Browns are not high on Quinn, or that they won't draft him. But coming to campus to scout him means nothing other than he is one of 5-10 players they are considering at that pick.

The fact that they were there actually means zero. Of course they are going to be looking at him every way possible. Just as they will look at AP every way possible. Teams don't decide on players early and then avoid looking at others. And a lot of these fact finding missions find stuff and reasons NOT to draft players.

I am in no way saying the Browns are not high on Quinn, or that they won't draft him. But coming to campus to scout him means nothing other than he is one of 5-10 players they are considering at that pick.

What KtD said. Means nothing except they are interested. Plus, what do you think they're going to do if/when Detroit takes Quinn?

They could have been taking a longer look at OLT Ryan Harris too! God knows they are in NEED of offensive linemen. Victor Abiamiri, DE, might also be on their "radar" at this point. I will acknowledge the obvious though, YES, they may be extremely interested in Brady Quinn.