Carr? Bills? why?

jri111

http://rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

David Carr-QB- Texans Mar. 22 - 11:55 pm et

The Texans may release David Carr by as early as this coming week.

Beat writer John McClain says the team doesn't want to "drag it out." Oakland currently seems like the team most likely to give Carr a long look, but Carolina, Detroit, and Buffalo could also join sweepstakes.

Source: Houston Chronicle

Related: Bills, Panthers, Lions, Raiders

-----------------------------------------------

hey if holcomb retires i'd take him as a back-up on the cheap, he'd be good insurance. I just wonder why they would suggest buffalo? Is it just another ignorant national media sorce not relaizing the HUGE strides losman made last season? or are they implying as a back up?

http://rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

David Carr-QB- Texans Mar. 22 - 11:55 pm et

The Texans may release David Carr by as early as this coming week.

Beat writer John McClain says the team doesn't want to "drag it out." Oakland currently seems like the team most likely to give Carr a long look, but Carolina, Detroit, and Buffalo could also join sweepstakes.

Source: Houston Chronicle

Related: Bills, Panthers, Lions, Raiders

-----------------------------------------------

hey if holcomb retires i'd take him as a back-up on the cheap, he'd be good insurance. I just wonder why they would suggest buffalo? Is it just another ignorant national media sorce not relaizing the HUGE strides losman made last season? or are they implying as a back up?

first off he wont come cheap

secondly do u know what that would do to losman?

first off he wont come cheap

secondly do u know what that would do to losman?

Well, if he won't come cheap, we won't get him. As for JP, I'm not worried. This kid has a good head, IMO. MM jerked around and he still persevered. If Carr came, he would be a clear #2, IMO.

I'd take him at the right price.

Well, if he won't come cheap, we won't get him. As for JP, I'm not worried. This kid has a good head, IMO. MM jerked around and he still persevered. If Carr came, he would be a clear #2, IMO.

I'd take him at the right price.

I was just thinking that JP had a good head on his shoulders after watching his presser on BB.com.. Especially with the comments he made re: Willis Magahee, nothing negative and noted that decisions have to be made to better the team. He also called offensive line "American Beef". Funny stuff...

Marv likes competition, If Carr can be had at the right price (doubtful) then bring him on. I doubt JP is so fragile that is a former starter came in he is not gonna freak and if he does then he probably is not the guy who is gonna lead your team through the tough times or the playoffs anyway.

Marv likes competition, If Carr can be had at the right price (doubtful) then bring him on. I doubt JP is so fragile that is a former starter came in he is not gonna freak and if he does then he probably is not the guy who is gonna lead your team through the tough times or the playoffs anyway.

Hmmm....I think JP's psyche was his biggest obstacle to hurdle. He seems to have turned the corner, during the Texans game, why tamper with something that is finally working?

Carr is not as bad as so many seem to think he is. I am not saying he is an elite NFL QB, but certainly good enough to be starting for a number of teams in the leauge. I think Clevland would be a good place for him. Oakland would snuff out what ever hope there is of him making something out of his career. He would come at far too high a salary to ever be a Buffalo Bill...

If he goes anywhere to be a backup, it won't be on a team with a young QB who took every QB related snap last season. He's much more likely to go to Cleveland or Detroit if he doesn't end up in Oakland, he's not coming to Buffalo. Just because one idiot throws the Bills in the mix in a national column, doesn't mean the Bills have any interest in him. The dark horse team is Baltimore if he wants to go the Steve Young route. McNair is a year or 2 away from done, amd they appear to be ready to dump Boller's after his contract is up in a year.

The dark horse team is Baltimore if he wants to go the Steve Young route. McNair is a year or 2 away from done, amd they appear to be ready to dump Boller's after his contract is up in a year.

That's a good call. A little decompression time could do wonders and McNair does get banged around some.

I don't think JP's attitude is the issue; he knows he's "the man" here and he is clearly self-motivated to succeed. What sort of attitude would Carr have? He's a #1 overall pick who was deemed a franchise savior; is he ready and willing to accept a backup role? I'd interview him long and hard before bringing him into a situation like Buffalo's.

I don't think JP's attitude is the issue; he knows he's "the man" here and he is clearly self-motivated to succeed. What sort of attitude would Carr have? He's a #1 overall pick who was deemed a franchise savior; is he ready and willing to accept a backup role? I'd interview him long and hard before bringing him into a situation like Buffalo's.

Unless he is told he has a shot at #1 here.

The last thing Buffalo needs is another QB with bad hair.

:thumbsup:

I think Albany (and others) are right. He won't come here (I never thought he would) as he'll want too much $$ and a chance to play (if not a chance to start).

B-more really is a good team for him. Is he smart enough to know that, though? (And does B-more have any interest in him?)

:worthy:

I think Albany (and others) are right. He won't come here (I never thought he would) as he'll want too much $$ and a chance to play (if not a chance to start).

B-more really is a good team for him. Is he smart enough to know that, though? (And does B-more have any interest in him?)

Baltimore is out of the question. I read somewhere that Carr would be afraid to walk thru the dark tunnel into the stadium with all those Miami U thugs.

:thumbsup:

That's just a beat writer thinking he knows what teams have holes. He is still examining the Losman of 2005 and thinking, "hey the Bills don't have a qb, they might want in". No chance Carr comes here.

I thought Losman played well enough last year to get people and some fans off his back......GUESS NOT!

I think Losman played great football once his blind side was protected, well enought that fighting to keep his job is a joke!

I also find it funny the rumors come out of Houston, the same team losman tore apart.

Strange.................

Carr will start somewhere next season. It is pretty much laughable that anyone would think we are interested in him for any reason, considering that the trade bar is being set as "trading a starting QB".

It will be interesting to see what he can do behind a decent o-line.