Fish offer 7th

mead107

what will the fish do ?

could Carr be worth more than green ?

http://fflivewire.com/article.asp?id=3222007zxr763xs

All things equal, if I needed a QB, and these were the only two available, I would take Carr, as he is younger, more athletic, and may not nearly as bad somewhere else. That said, I think the Dolphins will/should/are going to go with Green, because he knows Camerons' offense inside out. The Chiefs need to unload him (they don't want to pay him his fat salary, as well as Huard, who just re-signed with a nice new deal), and with Greens' age, I don't imagine there is a ton of other teams interested. Offering a 7th round pick for Green might just be Miamis way of ensuring they get Green, rather than letting him be cut, and get in a bidding war with other teams. I suspect the Chiefs will go for the deal. Maybe they will hold out and try to get a sixth or seventh, but, either way, in the end, I suspect Green is wearing the Dolphins puke colors, come September.

All things equal, if I needed a QB, and these were the only two available, I would take Carr, as he is younger, more athletic, and may not nearly as bad somewhere else. That said, I think the Dolphins will/should/are going to go with Green, because he knows Camerons' offense inside out. The Chiefs need to unload him (they don't want to pay him his fat salary, as well as Huard, who just re-signed with a nice new deal), and with Greens' age, I don't imagine there is a ton of other teams interested. Offering a 7th round pick for Green might just be Miamis way of ensuring they get Green, rather than letting him be cut, and get in a bidding war with other teams. I suspect the Chiefs will go for the deal. Maybe they will hold out and try to get a sixth or seventh, but, either way, in the end, I suspect Green is wearing the Dolphins puke colors, come September.

Trent Green is washed up. He looked horrible in the playoff game against Indy. I think the concussion he took in week 1 really took a lot out of him. Another brilliant move by the Fish. Will they bring in Jeff George to back him up?

Trent Green is washed up. He looked horrible in the playoff game against Indy. I think the concussion he took in week 1 really took a lot out of him. Another brilliant move by the Fish. Will they bring in Jeff George to back him up?

I think their thinking is that he would help to make implementing the new offense a little smoother. I don't think they will invest a ton of money in him though.

I think their thinking is that he would help to make implementing the new offense a little smoother. I don't think they will invest a ton of money in him though.

There QB situation is a mess. Even though we have a lot of holes to fill, the biggest thing we have going is that our QB is on the verge of being something special. He can play. As long as we have that, we can fill in the rest. Trent Green behind the porous Miami line? Bad things man, bad things.

There QB situation is a mess. Even though we have a lot of holes to fill, the biggest thing we have going is that our QB is on the verge of being something special.

something special ??

hope he is not riding the short bus to the ralph

i know it is just Bills PR and Marketing, but that article on JP on the front page today got me PUMPED for this season and our QB.

im really glad he started coming around last year. if he continues to improve like that, we will have quite a starter at QB.

I agree. I don't know what Miami is thinking.............................but I like it! :w00t:

In that same link posted, I found this:

As J.P. Losman walked into the locker room at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore following the conclusion of Buffalo's regular season finale against the Ravens, he spotted his quarterbacks coach Turk Schonert. As he walked past him he uttered five words.

"See you in three weeks."

Exactly three weeks to the day Losman was back to work at One Bills Drive on Jan. 22nd.

"I was ready to roll when I got back from vacation," said Losman who traveled to Mexico and a couple of other countries. "Even on my trips I packed up a bunch of DVDs from the season so I could take them with me and watch them on the airplane. I definitely got my football work in."

Though his body was worn down physically having played in all 16 games, which at the quarterback position is anything but the norm, unless your name is Brett Favre, Losman's mind was eager to dig more deeply into the plays that were unsuccessful last season.

"When you watch the thing as a whole and you come back and you look at it that way and can break things up and look at it without the pressure of having another game that week there was more time to digest things," he said. "It cleared a lot of things up for me."

Losman also came away from his film review of 2006 with two very different reactions.

"First, I was upset that I couldn't be in this offense since I started my NFL career," said Losman. "But it also made me extremely excited because I will be able to do all the same things I did last year again this year with a lot of the same guys, same coaches and the same offense. It's the first time in my NFL career I get to have a second straight season with all the same variables. That's exciting to me."

Time and again last year Losman talked about how close things were to being executed consistently on offense, and the unit certainly made strides in the second half of the season. And while Losman put the pressure on himself to perform last season, earn the starting job and keep it, he feels this year will probably be more pressure-packed.

"Maybe I've proven that I was able to attain this job and hold onto it for however long," said Losman. "Now that I've got it people now want to see what I do with it. So it seems like there's even more riding on this year than ever before."

Losman doesn't seem to mind the pressure. He's too consumed with how the offense might expand and progress in 2007. Buffalo's quarterback is hopeful he and the offensive unit can convince offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild that he can broaden the options contained within his scheme.

"I think he might give me a little bit more leeway as far as calling plays at the line of scrimmage a little bit more, probably in the run game more than anything," said Losman. "It's a trust issue for him. He's putting himself out there and it's his product that he wants to put out there and he's going to call the plays that he feels are going to be successful. So we as an offense have to show him that those plays can be successful. It starts with me of course, but it's everybody. It's the receivers, the line, the tight ends and running backs. We all have to prove that collectively we can get these plays accomplished."

For now though Losman, who looked fit reporting this week with the majority of his other teammates for the team's offseason conditioning program, is focused on building his body back up to full game readiness.

"I'm taking it a little slow in letting the final pains and injuries go away from last year which they are," he said.

Losman suffered a ruptured bursa sac in his throwing elbow in week two against Miami after an awkward landing on the ground. Obviously he didn't miss any playing time because of it.

"I had to have it drained a couple of times initially," Losman said of the elbow. "It was more of a nuisance thing where if I hit it in a game it would blow up. But what I did was if it blew up I would pressure wrap it and it would go down. I did have to drain it a couple of times when the season was over, but for the most part it was a superficial injury. There wasn't anything structurally wrong."

Around midseason he also ruptured the bursa sac in his right knee after a rough fall. It happened less than a season after suffering the same injury in his left knee. But Losman is back to full strength now and doesn't anticipate any lingering problems.

As far as the offensive line additions are concerned Buffalo's signal caller labels them "a plus," but he doesn't want to view the additions as an automatic cure for the offense.

"It definitely looks great," he said. "Everything looks good on paper. Plus just plugging a guy in here or there we think will be an easier transition than last year when everyone was in a new system together. We've just got to get to work. There's a lot we have to accomplish."

After taking that huge hit to the helmet, I think he came back to early last year from that injury. IF he's healthy, this is a good trade for Miami. What that does to Miami's pick in the draft is debatable. I still think that Levi Brown could be their guy that they want.

My opinion only, but I think Carr has to sit and try to recover for at least a year. That lowers his value to another team even more, but I think he has to be given time to recover from the pounding he's taken before he goes back under center for real.

My opinion only, but I think Carr has to sit and try to recover for at least a year. That lowers his value to another team even more, but I think he has to be given time to recover from the pounding he's taken before he goes back under center for real.

He's still a youg guy, and in great shape. I know he has taken a beating, but I don't think he needs a season off, he just needs to find the right team to play for. I see him play quite a bit, and I don't think Carr is a bust, in the way that Joey Harrington is a bust. He is not an elite QB, no doubt, but he isn't worthless either. He has a very good arm, and is generally a pretty solid decision maker. He is not all that great at throwing on the run, however. In Houston, he had to do a lot of that, and that is where he ran into trouble. I know it sounds like the Drew Bledsoe complex, but given some time, Carr is not all that bad. I think Clevland should make a run at him, unless they are sold on Charlie Frye.

I'd take Green over Carr in a heartbeat, if I was a franchise that was already in good shape besides QB. Before taking that hit last season, Trent Green was the only QB in the NFL to have thrown for 4,000+ in each of the three previous seasons. He is a smart, productive QB and despite his age, he only has 7 full seasons worth of games on his tires. He will be 37 this year, but unless his bell got rung beyond belief, I'd still bet that he is good for a few more seasons.

I think Miami might be better served in the long run by rolling the dice on Carr rather than Green, but I'd bet that Green would make them immediately a tougher team to beat than Carr. I'd rather face them with Carr than Green.

I'd take Green over Carr in a heartbeat, if I was a franchise that was already in good shape besides QB. Before taking that hit last season, Trent Green was the only QB in the NFL to have thrown for 4,000+ in each of the three previous seasons. He is a smart, productive QB and despite his age, he only has 7 full seasons worth of games on his tires. He will be 37 this year, but unless his bell got rung beyond belief, I'd still bet that he is good for a few more seasons.

I think Miami might be better served in the long run by rolling the dice on Carr rather than Green, but I'd bet that Green would make them immediately a tougher team to beat than Carr. I'd rather face them with Carr than Green.

I'm not sure, but I recall reading that when Green came back, he didn't do very well.

I'm not sure, but I recall reading that when Green came back, he didn't do very well.

Yeah I had him on my fantasy team and I watched him when I could. He definitely wasn't the same QB, but I don't know if that was because he doesn't have it anymore, or that he came back too soon. I'd lean towards the latter. I think he felt pressure to rejoin the team in time for a playoff push, and perhaps he wasn't ready.

I mean, both Carr and Green will be gambles for different reasons. I just have a hard time believing that a Pro-Bowl quality player has lost his usefulness as the result of one hit. But I could be wrong.