A few days late...

udonkey

So we continued an annual tradition...showed up at the designated happy hour bar. Beginning at 9am (we were the first through the door), $10 bought us 8 domestic beers, 2 mixed drinks, and breakfast from 9am-12pm. Now, clearly the reason the bar has these type of happy hours is that they know that there are drunks like my friends and I who will start to get drunk, then buy shots. At one point, we cashed in all of our beer tickets (there were 7 of us) and had about 20 of the green, aluminum 16oz Bud Lights on our table.

The day progressed as expected, my buddy (roommate) and I ventured off to get food. Being entirely too intoxicated to be walking around downtown Cincinnati in the midst of the parade, we hailed a cab home, and passed out (around 4pm). At about 8pm, I woke up and knew that the rest of the night wasn't going to be a good one.

Hungover - nauseas, headache, etc. - I began getting sick around 9pm and continued to do so until about 2am. Finally, I was able to fall asleep.

Sunday, I woke up feeling much better, except I was having difficulty taking a leak and I had a pretty raw throat from all of the puking the night before. As the day progressed and I drank more and more water, I still had problems and started to get some pretty serious pain in my sides. Researching webmd, I found that it was pretty obvious that had been extremely dehydrated and potentially experienced some alcohol poisoning. Doing everything I could to wait it out, I continued to drink a lot of water, and finally ~2am Monday, the flood gates opened

Finally having that issue resolved, my sore throat continued to get worse and I began experiencing flu like symptoms - nausea, achy, etc. I waited as long as I could, and finally made it to the doctor yesterday...turns out that the whole hangover experience weakened my immune system enough to allow for a nasty case of bronchitis to develop.

Why am I sharing this story with you, you might ask? Well, most of you are older and much wiser than myself, but this is one of the first times ever in my years of drinking (started ~16, the benefit of having 2 older sisters - 25 now) that I've experienced this much fallout. Needless to say, I've learned my lesson and look forward to making my way back to health...as of right now (and since yesterday), I've been ordered by my doctor to stay at home and rest. Not exactly the way that I had planned on using up my sick pay (I usually use it for those Mondays off after Bills home games)...

<_<

So we continued an annual tradition...showed up at the designated happy hour bar. Beginning at 9am (we were the first through the door), $10 bought us 8 domestic beers, 2 mixed drinks, and breakfast from 9am-12pm. Now, clearly the reason the bar has these type of happy hours is that they know that there are drunks like my friends and I who will start to get drunk, then buy shots. At one point, we cashed in all of our beer tickets (there were 7 of us) and had about 20 of the green, aluminum 16oz Bud Lights on our table.

The day progressed as expected, my buddy (roommate) and I ventured off to get food. Being entirely too intoxicated to be walking around downtown Cincinnati in the midst of the parade, we hailed a cab home, and passed out (around 4pm). At about 8pm, I woke up and knew that the rest of the night wasn't going to be a good one.

Hungover - nauseas, headache, etc. - I began getting sick around 9pm and continued to do so until about 2am. Finally, I was able to fall asleep.

Sunday, I woke up feeling much better, except I was having difficulty taking a leak and I had a pretty raw throat from all of the puking the night before. As the day progressed and I drank more and more water, I still had problems and started to get some pretty serious pain in my sides. Researching webmd, I found that it was pretty obvious that had been extremely dehydrated and potentially experienced some alcohol poisoning. Doing everything I could to wait it out, I continued to drink a lot of water, and finally ~2am Monday, the flood gates opened

Finally having that issue resolved, my sore throat continued to get worse and I began experiencing flu like symptoms - nausea, achy, etc. I waited as long as I could, and finally made it to the doctor yesterday...turns out that the whole hangover experience weakened my immune system enough to allow for a nasty case of bronchitis to develop.

Why am I sharing this story with you, you might ask? Well, most of you are older and much wiser than myself, but this is one of the first times ever in my years of drinking (started ~16, the benefit of having 2 older sisters - 25 now) that I've experienced this much fallout. Needless to say, I've learned my lesson and look forward to making my way back to health...as of right now (and since yesterday), I've been ordered by my doctor to stay at home and rest. Not exactly the way that I had planned on using up my sick pay (I usually use it for those Mondays off after Bills home games)...

<_<

25 more years and you will have the drinking down pat .

25 more years and you will have the drinking down pat .

Or maybe his age is catching up with him and the HANGOVER will be a reoccuring theme from this point on?

Maybe udonkey is ................................ssshhhh.................................getting old <_<

I was about 25 (25 years ago) when my body started saying "You can't do that anymore!" Time to start lsowing down on the drinking. Last time I got sick from drinking (was on my birthday) was 1991.

As to the bug you caught - Stop tongueing those transvestites at the bar!

:thumbsup:

pshaw--you didn't beat the crap out of anyone or even end up in the back of a squad car---rookie

Drinking BUD was your downfall. You have to drink a premium quality beer to avoid a hangover, not some cheap swill like BUD. Having said that, it takes experimentation to find a beer that perfectly agrees with you and never really experience a hangover. Also, drink water during the course of the evening to stay hydrated, at least just before going to bed helps.

Drinking BUD was your downfall. You have to drink a premium quality beer to avoid a hangover, not some cheap swill like BUD. Having said that, it takes experimentation to find a beer that perfectly agrees with you and never really experience a hangover. Also, drink water during the course of the evening to stay hydrated, at least just before going to bed helps.

I'm aware of all of that...I don't think it was the Bud Light, as its not uncommon for me to put down plenty of those. I think it was mixing Bud Light with several rounds of Irish Car Bombs, some free shots of some damn near clear (disgusting) Irish Whiskey, and drinking my ex-girlfriends cranberry and vodkas when her back was turned to me, just to be a dick. :blink:

The hangover sucked, but I was more concerned about the fact that my kidneys damn near failed for 36 hours...that freaked me out more than a little.

I'm finally starting to overcome the bronchitis though...still sucks to walk across the house to get a drink, then have to sit down to catch my breath.