Michael Bush has another surgery on the broken leg

syhuang

Former Louisville RB Bush has leg surgery

Gasparro said Bush sought another medical opinion when his bone didn't heal quickly enough. He's expected to be out another couple of months and won't be able to work out Monday during Louisville's pro day, Gasparro said.

rotoworld.com

Bush had planned to run at the Cardinals' March 26 Pro Day but is now expected to be sidelined another "few months," according to the AP. There were hints that Bush wasn't healing correctly, as he was limping on the sidelines of Louisville's Orange Bowl win over Wake Forest and skipped all of the Combine drills. Bush is now less likely to make an impact in his rookie season and might begin it on the PUP list. He also could fall out of the first two rounds of the draft.

Former Louisville RB Bush has leg surgery

Gasparro said Bush sought another medical opinion when his bone didn't heal quickly enough. He's expected to be out another couple of months and won't be able to work out Monday during Louisville's pro day, Gasparro said.

rotoworld.com

Bush had planned to run at the Cardinals' March 26 Pro Day but is now expected to be sidelined another "few months," according to the AP. There were hints that Bush wasn't healing correctly, as he was limping on the sidelines of Louisville's Orange Bowl win over Wake Forest and skipped all of the Combine drills. Bush is now less likely to make an impact in his rookie season and might begin it on the PUP list. He also could fall out of the first two rounds of the draft.

Thats a shame.

You can now officially remove me from the Michael Bush bandwagon. Kenny Irons is looking better and better by the minute. Did I just write that? Jesus.

Actually, put me on the official "get michael turner" bandwagon.

I think someone in a good situation already RB-wise will take him a bit earlier. Poor guy, he's gone from a sure 1st round, to mid-2nd, and now probably 3rd or later.

I do feel for him, dont get me wrong. I dont question his talent at all........

Its his healthy with that leg.

I just found it very funny people around here wanted to trade picks away to get him in the first round. This is exactly why I was against it in the first place.

At least we won't have to read anymore "Bill's should draft Bush" posts. ;)

You don't draft guy's that big who've broken their leg that badly unless it's the sixth or seventh round and the risk of that player not panning out is greatly diminished. I doubt he was even on the Bills board anyways.

So bush is now officially off the draft board for the Bills (unless they can get him on the second day. They need to draft a RB that can come in and make an impact immediately. Had they kept McGahee, picking Bush ealrier would have been ok, he could come in after McGahee left, but right now its someone who can start and make an impact NOW

That sucks for him. I would imagine that he's now carrying an undraftable grade for at least a few teams.

His best option probably would have been to petition the NCAA for a medical hardship and returned for another season. But by signing an agent, he likely doesn't have that option anymore.

With this happening, There is a chance he may never get drafted. Now a days draft picks are soo important to teams that many teams may take a pass on him and draft someone else. He may sign with someone as a undrafted free agent.

Normally I'd say you are 100% correct. However, didn't Mike Shanahan blow a first day draft pick on Maurice Clarett?

So bush is now officially off the draft board for the Bills (unless they can get him on the second day. They need to draft a RB that can come in and make an impact immediately. Had they kept McGahee, picking Bush ealrier would have been ok, he could come in after McGahee left, but right now its someone who can start and make an impact NOW

I don't want to pick a RB who has an injury history, PERIOD, unless it's a 6th or 7th rounder.

I don't want to pick a RB who has an injury history, PERIOD, unless it's a 6th or 7th rounder.

I do hear ya, and I don't think I would take a chance on Bush either, but under this philosophy the Bills would have passed on Thurman Thomas............

I do hear ya, and I don't think I would take a chance on Bush either, but under this philosophy the Bills would have passed on Thurman Thomas............

A second rounder for a guy who obviously still is affected by the injury that required the surgery to begin with...NO THANKS!!!

There are too many other second and early third round backs to take his place. We have a void to fill and it is not on the bench or in the rehab clinic.

I never say no to Bush but in this case I have to. ;)

I thought we were using the 7th rounder in the LaDainian Tomlinson trade.

I'd still rather have michael bush over marshawn lynch, but I guess theres always antonio pittman.

God no, please dont say that.

yeah and most around here wanted to trade picks away for him.........NICE!

I bet his stock drops like a rock now, I think he would be around in the 5th round on.

Of course this is when the reports were saying he would be able to work out at his pro day next week.

Well, thats great, I'm glad you don't

But I believe there are other people who work for the Bills that are payed to evaluate players performances, injury history, and how well they will fit on the team better then us fans.

If the Bills were to take a chance on him in the 4th, or 5th round I wouldn't complain. He is a RB who was projected to be atleast a second rounder who dropped due to injury. He could becom a great steal in the draft if your patient with his recovery. At the time, McGahee was a good pick (not great because there were bigger needs) but he was a guy that was supposed to go in the top 5 if he didn't get hurt. He slid down to the Bills and they took a chance on him, unfortunately he didn't repay the Bills by giving it his all on the field like he did in his recovery, and decided to cost on his name and college career. if he stayed motivated, and the Bills had a ecent o-line, its possible he would be a top 5 back in the league.

Well, thats great, I'm glad you don't

But I believe there are other people who work for the Bills that are payed to evaluate players performances, injury history, and how well they will fit on the team better then us fans.

If the Bills were to take a chance on him in the 4th, or 5th round I wouldn't complain. He is a RB who was projected to be atleast a second rounder who dropped due to injury. He could becom a great steal in the draft if your patient with his recovery. At the time, McGahee was a good pick (not great because there were bigger needs) but he was a guy that was supposed to go in the top 5 if he didn't get hurt. He slid down to the Bills and they took a chance on him, unfortunately he didn't repay the Bills by giving it his all on the field like he did in his recovery, and decided to cost on his name and college career. if he stayed motivated, and the Bills had a ecent o-line, its possible he would be a top 5 back in the league.

We can use that phathom 5th rounder on Bush <_<

God no, please dont say that.

It was mostly said in jest. Marshawn Lynch just doesn't impress me. I dont see anything extrodinary about the guy to waste a top 12 pick on, and pittman while he never was an everydown player has some nice speed when he gets into the open field. I could live with him splitting carries with atrain for a year and get a franchise caliber back in next years draft. It's not my ideal scenairo but Id rather have pittman splitting carries then corey dillon, chris brown or god forbid kevan barlow.

That sucks for him. I would imagine that he's now carrying an undraftable grade for at least a few teams.

His best option probably would have been to petition the NCAA for a medical hardship and returned for another season. But by signing an agent, he likely doesn't have that option anymore.

Think of all the money he lost by staying in school an extra year.