We WILL be trading up...

NewEra

and drafting Adrian Peterson. Marv is a sly old cat, he has a game plan. There's a reason we signed all of those offensive lineman this offseason, Thats to block for AP!!!!!!! Do we need defensive help? yes. Did we need offensive help last year, and only draft defense? You cant fix every hole in the offseason, you do what you can to make your team better, AP makes our team better. If you dont like the fact that he is an injury risk, GET OVER IT!

MARK MY WORDS, AP IN BUFFALO BABY!!!

and drafting Adrian Peterson. Marv is a sly old cat, he has a game plan. There's a reason we signed all of those offensive lineman this offseason, Thats to block for AP!!!!!!! Do we need defensive help? yes. Did we need offensive help last year, and only draft defense? You cant fix every hole in the offseason, you do what you can to make your team better, AP makes our team better. If you dont like the fact that he is an injury risk, GET OVER IT!

Ugh. Peterson's acquisition would be a marketing ploy. Spiffy new RBs increase the gate. It's an old technique.

Noway Buffalo trades up and gives away picks in doing so, when they can get a decent RB with the 12th pick or even 2nd & 3rd rounds.

I do see Buffalo trading the 12th pick to someone else and moving down the boards and possibly getting a 2nd rounder or at least another 3rd rounder.

Trading down and getting another pick in the top 100, is a logical thing to do with a team with many holes to fill. I mean, Thats 5 picks in the top 100. You fill alot of needs that way!

So with my theory, id like to trade down to obtain another 2nd rounder or early 3rd. Trading up and giving another draft pick to me dont make sense, especially when this draft is rich with many solid RB's.

I do agree Adrian Peterson is a heck of a ball player. Thats not my argument. My argument is that giving away picks for a draft deep with RB's is not a smart thing to do. I guess I could understand doing it if Reggie Bush was in this draft but......hes not.

Trade down get another pick within the first 3 rounds.......Thats smart!

I marked them but can I take it to the bank?

I marked them but can I take it to the bank?

Did you use a Dry Erase to mark them? If so there has been someone coming through and erasing the marks!!!

It is best to use a Sharpie when marking so that your marks are marked properly and permanently.

no way. I think we have three or four first rate choices at 12 at positions of need or will trade down...There are four or five good running backs after Peterson and we should get one. If we don't get Okoye or Willis, Justin Harrel, Robert Meachem, or a bunch of others will be available. This is a nice draft to get an extra second or third round draft choice, not a good draft to be giving up choices. It would be VERY costly to trade into the top five.

The only way we get AP is if he falls into our spot....at which time I think 2 things will happen

- Whoever is holding the bills card will set a new dash record making it to the podium

- We will take a Kings ransom from some other team to slide down a little further in the draft...allowing THEM to take Peterson

I just cannot see a trade up when you have both Peterson and Lynch in the first round

If you are correct, that means we have to move up from 12 to 7 to get ahead of Houston. The trade value tables say that to move up would (value 1200 to value 1500) would cost us our 1st (1200 + our own 3rd {value 220} + our 4th {value 78} = 1498)

So to move up from 12th to 7th costs us a 1st, 3rd, and 4th round pick.

We'd still have our 2nd , baltimore's 3rd, and our 6th and 7th round picks plus baltimore's 7th.

as Hemet mentioned, is this worth it when Marshawn Lynch will be there at 12 anyway?

Marv don't trade up.

The D has way too may holes to permit the luxury of trading up...for a RB, no less. Invisible ink's the best thing to use for bold predictions.

I thought it was pretty clear that I was kidding. :w00t:

You are a complete moron..

Okay, you need to ask yourself one question, and that is "What player that the team we are trading up with is targeting, would still be there at pick #12?"

The Bills are on the fringe of blue chip talent in the first round. Many of the teams in the top ten are targeting Adams, Anderson, Thomas etc. who will not be there at 12, so why would a team trade down with a team that would make it impossible for them to get the player they want?

Trading up costs a ton, and I think that the price will increase. It cost the Bears Thomas Jones to move up 21 spots....in the SECOND ROUND!!! This is only 254 points in the draft chart (which I admittedly think is flawed).

It would be a bad move for the Bills to trade up imo because it would simply be too costly. That said, the only player in this draft I would consider trading up for would be Calvin Johnson, and that would probably cost us 1st and 2nd round picks both in April and in 08.

Even he might not be worth all that.

Who the hell do you work for? ESPN? This is the kind of drivel you can only find on ESPN (and I guess TBD).

1) Lynch WILL BE available at 12. If we want a RB, lynch is our guy. Peterson is not that much better than lynch anyway.

2) Peterson very well could be there at 12.

3) 2nd round RBs have had alot of success in the NFL

4) A trade up costs ALOT. We have too many holes to fill

This trade up for peterson nonsense has to stop. There is only one guy the bills should consider trading up for, and thats Calvin Johnson. That wont happen (and probably shouldnt happen), but he is the ONLY player worth trading up from 12 to get in this draft.

1) Lynch WILL BE available at 12. If we want a RB, lynch is our guy. Peterson is not that much better than lynch anyway.

2) Peterson very well could be there at 12.

3) 2nd round RBs have had alot of success in the NFL

4) A trade up costs ALOT. We have too many holes to fill

i am going to preface this by saying that i want the bills to draft defense first and rb in the 2nd round.

1) To say that peterson is "not that much better than lynch" is naive. while injuries have severely hindered and possibly left a plagued legacy, peterson may still be considered one of the finest college backs in 10 years. i would actually listen to that argument.

2) There is no rational thought that brings me to the prediction that peterson will be there at 12. if not cleveland than surely houston, after the bush debacle last year, how does the texans organization not take AP?

3) so have 5th round OT's, whats that have to do with the price of tea in china?

4) agreed!