What happened to this board???

nemhoff

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking, not too hard, but just a little, and here is what I think the problem is, when it come right down to it we often get distracted and don't finish some of our best

best what ???

finish it please . :devil:

When I went to a comedy club the other night - one of the guys big things was that we should all go out and kill someone to help ease the world of its problems. I just forwarded him the TSW members list, ordered by most recent date joined. Told him he had his list of 10,000 people to make a start on.

Funny what counts as an old timer nowadays.

Have things really changed that much? It seems to me we have a plethora of mentally-challenged, football ignorant, blowhards looking to pick a fight. :devil:

(I know...I'm here...right? Save it. :worthy: )

What are you sayin?

:worthy:

The only thing completely common to every message board that I have ever seen on the internet is the constant bitching about the good ol days. See, it's basically all Nietzsche: if you're not struggling and fighting against the upstart newbs, you're sinking into flaccid decay and corpulence and on the verge of imminent demise due to your own bloated decadence. So cheer up, old skoolers! You're fighting the good fight! :unsure::censored:

The only thing completely common to every message board that I have ever seen on the internet is the constant bitching about the good ol days. See, it's basically all Nietzsche: if you're not struggling and fighting against the upstart newbs, you're sinking into flaccid decay and corpulence and on the verge of imminent demise due to your own bloated decadence. So cheer up, old skoolers! You're fighting the good fight! :unsure::censored:

Here are some quotations for you and friend VikingGumBoot... :censored:

"Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own." - Sydney Harris

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash

"You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters." - Plato

"Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new." - Henry Thoreau

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened or not."- Mark Twain

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." - Mark Twain

"George Washington, as a boy, was ignorant of the commonest accomplishments of youth. He could not even lie." - Mark Twain

"Youth is easily deceived because it is quick to hope." - Aristotle

"Remember that as a teenager you are at the last stage of your life when you will be happy to hear that the phone is for you." - Fran Lebowitz

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde

"The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything, the young know everything." - Oscar Wilde

Here are some quotations for you and friend VikingGumBoot... :censored:

"Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own." - Sydney Harris

"You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters." - Plato

"Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new." - Henry Thoreau

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened or not."- Mark Twain

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." - Mark Twain

"George Washington, as a boy, was ignorant of the commonest accomplishments of youth. He could not even lie." - Mark Twain

"Remember that as a teenager you are at the last stage of your life when you will be happy to hear that the phone is for you." - Fran Lebowitz

"The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything, the young know everything." - Oscar Wilde

Sometimes the "old" forget that they as well used to know everything :unsure:

Here are some quotations for you and friend VikingGumBoot... :unsure:

:censored: Oh the irony of the old and wise noting the flippantness and arrogance of the oversimplifying youngsters with a virtual smorgasboard of one-line cliches! :censored: