Our Sabres seem to have hit a major roadblock

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OBVIOUSLY! Once we get Maxim and Connolly back we have a great shot at the cup.

While I am hopeful that those guys will come back and dominate, you're talking about Max, who had two really good regular seasons where he has finally showed what he is capable of on a regular basis, but was pretty much a non-factor in the playoffs last year (3-5-8 in 18GP) and Connolly, who would be coming back off a 10+ month layoff - who knows how effective he'll be, if he makes it back at all.

The best they can hope for is getting as many of the current injured guys back before the postseason starts; hope they stay relatively injury-free; and hope that Miller is focused and the refs call the game the way they are supposed to. All that happens, and we'll be in pretty good shape...

• 3 weeks later...
Could this be sign of a MAJOR meltdown after such a good year? It certainly looks like that right now. We can't seem to do anything right all of a sudden. We are not the same team we saw 2 weeks ago. :wallbash: I just hope we play better once some of our players come back from their injuries.

Got anything to add now, monkey-boy? :wallbash:

I'm having a bad day...I need an idiot to bash. And Holcomb's Arm isn't around, and molson_goldfish seems to be back on his meds, so...

OK. Well, then, by all means, carry on... :wallbash:

Not anymore. We look good once again. ;)

AND we're getting healthified right before the playoffs begin.

Here's to the boys putting on a good show over the next couple of months. :blink: