Our Sabres seem to have hit a major roadblock

That's not rooting against....it's a harmless way to take advantage of altered perceptions and greed. Like the stock market....you short a stock, not because you want to see the economy of the US crumble and fail, but because it will make you money.

I've said before that I believed in the old Bills teams and thought they all worked their butts off every game. I think the Sabres got lucky by building a team of soft players who could take advantage of the New NHL rules for 40 games. Once the NHL realised that even less people care about the new NHL than the Old NHL and the refs let them play....the downslide began. I think 30% of the viewers of the All Star game were from Buffalo, maybe more.

No, it's simply the typical Buffalonian attitude. This team could win every game 30-0 and there'd still be a few people who'd B word. You'd be one of them.

I'm really sorry the Sabres aren't your cup of tea and that you can't enjoy this ride. Perhaps you haven't lived through enough pain yet.

When they suck again but have the "character" to "work their butts off every game" (which is laughable no matter what sport or team you're talking about EVER) and aren't "soft" but don't qualify for the playoffs, you'll be in hog heaven.

The Penguins added toughness? Laraque ain't gonna see a meaningful shift in the playoffs and they'll be lucky if the 80 year old Roberts plays 50% of their games.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the point....the point is I believe the Sabres won't win. It's 31 against 1 and I'll take the 31.

Did you have Carolina last year? Yeah, didn't think so. Real stretch to take the whole rest of the NHL, given history. You're a true genius. :worthy:

The fact of the matter is the hockey playoffs are likely the greatest in sports because NO ONE knows who's going to be standing at the end of the last game. I "KNEW" the Sabres would hoist Lord Stanley last season if they could stay healthy throughout the tournament. They didn't and the final ended up being Edmonton/Carolina. There isn't one person who'd have called that 2 weeks before the playoffs started.

I will partially agree with you on the teams you mentioned - Atlanta & Pittsburgh could both knock us out. Atlanta scares the living crap out of me, as they have just enough offensive firepower, a solid goalie that seems to never get rattled, veteran leadership and they can skate with the Sabres. Pittsburgh is a different team since they picked up Roberts, and if Fleury gets hot, they'll surprise some teams in the playoffs. Ottawa, OTOH, has no heart, and I can see them golfing early again.

Don't forget Carolina either...they are starting to look a lot better, after a rough first half of the season.

Skill Competiation-Free Standings:

RK East

1 Ottawa 90 +3 spots

2 Buffalo 89 -1

3 New Jersey 86 -1

4 Pittsburgh 82 -1

5 Atlanta 82

6 Carolina 80 +1

7 Toronto 74 +3

8 N.Y. Islanders 72 +1

9 Florida 72 +4

10 Montreal 72 +1

11 Tampa Bay 72 -5

12 N.Y. Rangers 71 -4

13 Boston 64 -1

14 Washington 64

15 Philadelphia 50

RK WEST PTS

1 Detroit 97 +1

2 Nashville 94 -1

3 Anaheim 94

4 San Jose 91 +1

5 Vancouver 87 -1

6 Dallas 85

7 Calgary 82 +1

8 Minnesota 81 -1

9 Colorado 76

10 St. Louis 67

11 Edmonton 65

12 Los Angeles 60

13 Chicago 59

14 Columbus 59

15 Phoenix 54

I hope a lot of you hear realize that if it was not for the skills competition aka the shootout, which means zilch come playoff time (thankfully)...Ottawa would have a 1 point lead on the standings (90 to 89), but Im not going to beat a dead horse.

Sabres have a good of a chance as anyone to win the Cup, I think the Sabres made things look so easy early on and fans forget just how hard it is to win the Cup.

The Stanley Cup is the hardest thing to win in pro sports.

But please find me that bookie giving 31:1 odds with 16 teams in the playoffs. :worthy:

I can find you someone who can roll a 3.5 everytime...but those odds, I cannot produce

No, it's simply the typical Buffalonian attitude. This team could win every game 30-0 and there'd still be a few people who'd B word. You'd be one of them.

I'm really sorry the Sabres aren't your cup of tea and that you can't enjoy this ride. Perhaps you haven't lived through enough pain yet.

When they suck again but have the "character" to "work their butts off every game" (which is laughable no matter what sport or team you're talking about EVER) and aren't "soft" but don't qualify for the playoffs, you'll be in hog heaven.

The Penguins added toughness? Laraque ain't gonna see a meaningful shift in the playoffs and they'll be lucky if the 80 year old Roberts plays 50% of their games.

You just made 95% of your posts in PPP look silly. So it isn't the principle, it's whether you win or lose? That doesn't sound like you.

I say this team has faulty character which will lead to never winning the cup. I've been yelling it since day 1 and mad that Regeir didn't do a thing about it. This team worked hard last year and caught people by surprise. They are doing neither the past 3 months.

I was one of the few that didn't buy into Donahoe after seeing him for a few years. That doesn't mean I hate the Bills. I hate when something I cherish is being manhandled by someone who doesn't understand why that thing is so important, and who makes a mockery out of it for that very reason. Once we lost Donahoe, I felt 100 times better about this team, potential senility and all. I can now go to The Ralph without feeling "dirty". I don't think Regeir is a snake oil man....but I think we got lucky the NHL tried going NBA in it's marketing until they realised that was even worse than the Old NHL. As for pain.....I've lived through the Ruutu,Hougue,Turgeon era. That's enough pain to make me not touch the hot stove again.

You just made 95% of your posts in PPP look silly. So it isn't the principle, it's whether you win or lose? That doesn't sound like you.

I say this team has faulty character which will lead to never winning the cup. I've been yelling it since day 1 and mad that Regeir didn't do a thing about it. This team worked hard last year and caught people by surprise. They are doing neither the past 3 months.

I was one of the few that didn't buy into Donahoe after seeing him for a few years. That doesn't mean I hate the Bills. I hate when something I cherish is being manhandled by someone who doesn't understand why that thing is so important, and who makes a mockery out of it for that very reason. Once we lost Donahoe, I felt 100 times better about this team, potential senility and all. I can now go to The Ralph without feeling "dirty". I don't think Regeir is a snake oil man....but I think we got lucky the NHL tried going NBA in it's marketing until they realised that was even worse than the Old NHL. As for pain.....I've lived through the Ruutu,Hougue,Turgeon era. That's enough pain to make me not touch the hot stove again.

I am looking for a word.

What is the opposite of rational exuberance?

do you actually enjoy the Sabres winning or do you get more enjoyment on finding faults on a team that is 1 point out of winning the presidents trophy, so you can say you called it, if the Sabres falter in the playoffs...I never understood being a negative fan..sports are supposed to be fun..something to get friends and family together and have a good time with..what is the sense of watching them, if you try to find every fault with them....even when they are play pretty damn good...though you seem lik the type that would win the lottery and complain about the taxes

do you actually enjoy the Sabres winning or do you get more enjoyment on finding faults on a team that is 1 point out of winning the presidents trophy, so you can say you called it, if the Sabres falter in the playoffs...I never understood being a negative fan..sports are supposed to be fun..something to get friends and family together and have a good time with..what is the sense of watching them, if you try to find every fault with them....even when they are play pretty damn good...though you seem lik the type that would win the lottery and complain about the taxes

If you won the lottery under Carter, he would have taken 70% of your present payout. With interest rates in the teens.....a $10 million jackpot paid over 20 years would be closer to a $1.5 million cash payout. After taxes that would leave you with $450,000. Yes....I would complain.

If you won the lottery under Carter, he would have taken 70% of your present payout. With interest rates in the teens.....a $10 million jackpot paid over 20 years would be closer to a $1.5 million cash payout. After taxes that would leave you with $450,000. Yes....I would complain.

we are in 2007....thanks

care to point out how a 2 overtime losses, 1 loss, and 1 win add up to 6 points?

Ummmm, yeeah.

ot loss + win + win + ot loss = 1+2+2+1 = 6 points in the last 4 games. Unless you are doing some type of HA math.

no, now its that Jersey is TOO hot for us to hold them off...even though we are both 5-3-2 in our last 10

Hey, even if NJ does take #1 from us, I'm not worried. It could very well be the kick in the pants the team could use. Besides, NJ would finally sell out a few playoff games thanks to Sabres fans should we meet them.