Our Sabres seem to have hit a major roadblock

NOT....the Sabres. It's that simple. This team was built for indoor soccer, not hockey. They cannot stand up for 4 rounds of hockey against bigger teams that have almost as much talent. Atlanta is the perfect team to crush them. If Emery can calm down, Ottawa can beat them. After watching what Pittsburgh has done and their addition of toughness at the deadline, they can do it. Pittsburgh is last years Sabres squad with twice the talent.

My pick would be Calgary to win it all. 4 lines of forwards who skate through everything, 6 defensemen who can punish you or play the puck, and a goalie who is top 10 if not top 5.

Just making sure I understand here...

You think that the Sabres are cooked and will not win the Stanley Cup, even though they have the 2nd-most points and the best road record in the NHL, and have maintained their conference lead while playing most of the last month with 7 AHL players in the lineup.

Yet you pick Calgary to win it all, even though they are FADING FAST and are grasping the 8th-place spot with their fingertips. Two weeks ago, the West looked all set in spots 1-8...But now you have Colorado going 8-1-1 in their last 10 and inching within 4 points of Calgary. You are also taking the team who has BY FAR THE WORST ROAD RECORD OF ANY PLAYOFF TEAM, and they will not have home ice advantage in any series.

So the Sabres are !@#$, Darcy should be fired, and Calgary will win it all (if they can avoid a complete collapse in the last 10 games and actually make the playoffs.) Got it. Thanks for the knowledge.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just making sure I understand here...

You think that the Sabres are cooked and will not win the Stanley Cup, even though they have the 2nd-most points and the best road record in the NHL, and have maintained their conference lead while playing most of the last month with 7 AHL players in the lineup.

Yet you pick Calgary to win it all, even though they are FADING FAST and are grasping the 8th-place spot with their fingertips. Two weeks ago, the West looked all set in spots 1-8...But now you have Colorado going 8-1-1 in their last 10 and inching within 4 points of Calgary. You are also taking the team who has BY FAR THE WORST ROAD RECORD OF ANY PLAYOFF TEAM, and they will not have home ice advantage in any series.

So the Sabres are !@#$, Darcy should be fired, and Calgary will win it all (if they can avoid a complete collapse in the last 10 games and actually make the playoffs.) Got it. Thanks for the knowledge.

I'll put it in Horse terms...

Sabres Fans are acting like the team is Secretariat.

I say the team is Bellamy Road.

It is a matter of value. The Sabres are a good team and have had a great year. The whole thread got started because a kid was pointing out the Sabres haven't been on fire recently then was thrown under the bus.

Hey, even if NJ does take #1 from us, I'm not worried. It could very well be the kick in the pants the team could use. Besides, NJ would finally sell out a few playoff games thanks to Sabres fans should we meet them.

I have had this thought too!

Love the enthusiasm, kid. You found a new toy (TSW) and you're playing with it non-stop. Take a deep breath and consider that quality, not quantity, may be the way to go.

Couldnt have said it better myself. The 5 word posts that contribute nothing to the conversation get a bit old.

Example: Topic- Lance Briggs

LSI Cadets: "Lets sign him :w00t: "

I have no problem with the kid he just seems to post so he can watch his total post number go up.