Our Sabres seem to have hit a major roadblock

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm aware we clinched a playoff berth but we haven't been playing like a playoff team in the past few weeks.

Of course, one could make the argument that they're playing exactly like a playoff team in the past few weeks, considering THEY'RE A PLAYOFF TEAM. And doesn't the "past few weeks" include a 9-0-1 stretch?

And what do you expect, anyway? Look at the injuries they've had. They've still got Kotalik, Afinogenov, Lydman, and of course Gaustad out. In the "past few weeks" they've had at least four other starters out. Basically, you're bitching because the Rochester Amerks have clinched a playoff berth for the Sabres, and took the Southeast-leading Thrashers into overtime. I wish they had roadblocks like that every season. :rolleyes:

Of course, one could make the argument that they're playing exactly like a playoff team in the past few weeks, considering THEY'RE A PLAYOFF TEAM. And doesn't the "past few weeks" include a 9-0-1 stretch?

And what do you expect, anyway? Look at the injuries they've had. They've still got Kotalik, Afinogenov, Lydman, and of course Gaustad out. In the "past few weeks" they've had at least four other starters out. Basically, you're bitching because the Rochester Amerks have clinched a playoff berth for the Sabres, and took the Southeast-leading Thrashers into overtime. I wish they had roadblocks like that every season. :rolleyes:

LSI has JSP syndrome.

I'm aware we clinched a playoff berth but we haven't been playing like a playoff team in the past few weeks.

I don't think 6 years is short.

LSI....I voluntarily removed myself from the Sabres board a month ago because every time I pointed out the Sabres might be less than the greatest team in hockey history, the Sabres Jihad came after me. Don't worry, instead of logically looking at what is going on, they will try and support the Sabres with statistics and excuses. True, the Sabres have 6 out of 8 points......They also have technically lost 5 of 7....but they don't see it that way. It is impossible to logically discuss this team.....use your newfound strength, bet everyone around town even money the Sabres won't win the cup, then lay 1/8 that amount in Vegas just in case you have to pay up because that will pay it for you.

LSI....I voluntarily removed myself from the Sabres board a month ago because every time I pointed out the Sabres might be less than the greatest team in hockey history, the Sabres Jihad came after me. Don't worry, instead of logically looking at what is going on, they will try and support the Sabres with statistics and excuses. True, the Sabres have 6 out of 8 points......They also have technically lost 5 of 7....but they don't see it that way. It is impossible to logically discuss this team.....use your newfound strength, bet everyone around town even money the Sabres won't win the cup, then lay 1/8 that amount in Vegas just in case you have to pay up because that will pay it for you.

I'm not a Sabres fan but that has to be the dumbest sh-- I've ever read.

Wait, you removed yourself last month, when the Sabres went 8-2-1 and were leading the NHL in points, despite all their injuries? :rolleyes:

BTW, pick who YOU think will win the cup and bet the mortgage on it. You seem to know.

I'm not a Sabres fan but that has to be the dumbest sh-- I've ever read.

All I have to say is wow man. Now I truly understand why some people will never be satisfied. Isn't this team on track to be the the single greatest Buffalo sports team of all time? I think so..... And if they do win the cup it will be that much sweeter. Right?

Why don't we ask our non-Sabres fan and my friend Meazza...

Meazza do you feel that the Sabres (being a Canadiens fan and all) ahve hit a road block of late? And, how do the non-Buffalo fans in the league view this team, seriously?

bet everyone around town even money the Sabres won't win the cup

I think we have an awesome shot at winning it, :rolleyes: but it doesn't seem like that right now is what I'm saying.

Why would I root against the team that I root with just as much intensity as the Bills? Which I must say is a lot.

Could this be sign of a MAJOR meltdown after such a good year? It certainly looks like that right now. We can't seem to do anything right all of a sudden. We are not the same team we saw 2 weeks ago. :rolleyes: I just hope we play better once some of our players come back from their injuries.

Um, LSI, we just took 6 of 8 points in a 4 game road trip. There isn't a hockey team on earth that doesn't think that's a damn good road haul. Yea, they lost 3 straight at home. With 5 Amerks in the lineup. And yea, every NHL team goes through ups and downs. It's part of the game. You can't win them all. Right now, all that matters in Lindy's mind is getting his team to start playing their best hockey right when it matters most. Other teams will peder out, some teams will surprise. It's all about momentum, and the Sabres are just beginning to get theirs.

Um, LSI, we just took 6 of 8 points in a 4 game road trip. There isn't a hockey team on earth that doesn't think that's a damn good road haul. Yea, they lost 3 straight at home. With 5 Amerks in the lineup. And yea, every NHL team goes through ups and downs. It's part of the game. You can't win them all. Right now, all that matters in Lindy's mind is getting his team to start playing their best hockey right when it matters most. Other teams will peder out, some teams will surprise. It's all about momentum, and the Sabres are just beginning to get theirs.

I just want to see them win 3 in row again that's all.

Wait, you removed yourself last month, when the Sabres went 8-2-1 and were leading the NHL in points, despite all their injuries? :rolleyes:

BTW, pick who YOU think will win the cup and bet the mortgage on it. You seem to know.

NOT....the Sabres. It's that simple. This team was built for indoor soccer, not hockey. They cannot stand up for 4 rounds of hockey against bigger teams that have almost as much talent. Atlanta is the perfect team to crush them. If Emery can calm down, Ottawa can beat them. After watching what Pittsburgh has done and their addition of toughness at the deadline, they can do it. Pittsburgh is last years Sabres squad with twice the talent.

My pick would be Calgary to win it all. 4 lines of forwards who skate through everything, 6 defensemen who can punish you or play the puck, and a goalie who is top 10 if not top 5.

You really must be about 15 years old. Seriously. Tell me how far off I am.

:rolleyes: I just want to see some momentum with this team. Right now it seems like we play 2 good games then comes a really bad game. I wantg them to get on a winning streak of more than 2 games. I want to see a good spark from the team heading into the playoffs.

:rolleyes: I know you don't mean that.

Love the enthusiasm, kid. You found a new toy (TSW) and you're playing with it non-stop. Take a deep breath and consider that quality, not quantity, may be the way to go.

I think we have an awesome shot at winning it, :rolleyes: but it doesn't seem like that right now is what I'm saying.

Why would I root against the team that I root with just as much intensity as the Bills? Which I must say is a lot.

That's not rooting against....it's a harmless way to take advantage of altered perceptions and greed. Like the stock market....you short a stock, not because you want to see the economy of the US crumble and fail, but because it will make you money.

I've said before that I believed in the old Bills teams and thought they all worked their butts off every game. I think the Sabres got lucky by building a team of soft players who could take advantage of the New NHL rules for 40 games. Once the NHL realised that even less people care about the new NHL than the Old NHL and the refs let them play....the downslide began. I think 30% of the viewers of the All Star game were from Buffalo, maybe more.

Calgary? The team that's currently entrenched in the 8th spot and who has been relatively healthy all year? Tell me, where can I bet money in Vegas on them NOT winning the Cup this year?

That's not the point....the point is I believe the Sabres won't win. It's 31 against 1 and I'll take the 31.