Who sees Green Bay trading up with us in the draft?

Althiugh anything is possible with Marv in this draft, I think that people should realize just how much Jauron really likes A-Train. Whenever DJ has been in power, A-Train has been his guy and there hasn't been anything said that would make you doubt that since we traded McGahee.

How about the fact that he rarely played A train even though we had the worst, dumbest, playbook ignoring, city-hating but fertile running back in the league ahead of him? And even when the worst, dumbest, playbook ignoring, city-hating but fertile RB in the league was still hurt, and A train was playing well in relief, Jauron immediately and consistently put the worst, dumbest, playbook ignoring, city-hating but fertile RB in the league back in and put A Train back on the pine.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know to say to that Kelly other than with Jauron being new in his position, could it be possible that he tried to take the safe way and not have the community turn on him if he made the wrong decision? I do believe that Jauron did make some poor decisions that he would like to have back. Could this be one of them? I think alot of people around the league are in for a big surprise this year.

I don't know to say to that Kelly other than with Jauron being new in his position, could it be possible that he tried to take the safe way and not have the community turn on him if he made the wrong decision? I do believe that Jauron did make some poor decisions that he would like to have back. Could this be one of them? I think alot of people around the league are in for a big surprise this year.

Don't see how that is possible, when it was "the community" who are the only ones to consider McGahee to be the worst, dumbest, playbook ignoring, city-hating but fertile RB in the league.

How about the fact that he rarely played A train even though we had the worst, dumbest, playbook ignoring, city-hating but fertile running back in the league ahead of him? And even when the worst, dumbest, playbook ignoring, city-hating but fertile RB in the league was still hurt, and A train was playing well in relief, Jauron immediately and consistently put the worst, dumbest, playbook ignoring, city-hating but fertile RB in the league back in and put A Train back on the pine.

DJ had to play WM if for no other reason to see if in fact this was all he had to offer. To see if he could create for himself. He couldn't justify playing Atrain over Willis. He can now. That's not to say Atrain is the sole answer, but a part of the equation.

DJ had to play WM if for no other reason to see if in fact this was all he had to offer. To see if he could create for himself. He couldn't justify playing Atrain over Willis. He can now. That's not to say Atrain is the sole answer, but a part of the equation.

He couldn't figure that out in 2,4,6,8,10, 12 games? Or watching film of Willis and the entire team from 2005 when he was preparing for 2006? Nonsense. He knew Willis was clearly better and didnt even like spelling him that much. If he thought A Train could give the team a boost he would have done it. He's saying that stuff now because that's all we have, and is posturing for both free agent RBs and the draft.

I don't think that's accurate. Right up to to the trade talk of McGahee, this board seemed to be split. What strikes me as funny is now that the trade is over, nobody seems to dispute the trade. Where are the ones who didn't want the trade now? I was all for it right from jumpstreet. Matter of fact, I was all for it BEFORE the talk, check my posts.

Tipster, regarding the RB situation, I'm beginning to think the same thing. Same goes for the CB situation. What if, in fact, our braintrust is "comfortable" with both positions? Look at last years drafting strategy and this years FA strategy. They seem to acquire by position in bunches. We draft 2 safeties and a corner in 3 of the first 4 rounds of last years draft. We draft 2 DT with a 1st and 5th while acquiring Tripplett. Kind of done in bunches, no?

This years FA they identify a need, OL, and promptly sign 3 right off the bat on the first day.

Could THIS be their strategy this year? Do we swap 1sts with GB? Do we select Willis @ 16 then move back into the 1st and take Poszluzny?

This doesnt mean we ignore the RB or CB positions, just that we select them later in the draft. My feeling is we still can get our quality RB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Bottom line, ML and DJ may not feel as empty as some here do at certain positions.

Maybe we try to get Willis and Poszluzny. But, I get the feeling that the Jauron really believes in Ellison as WOLB. Maybe we take another LB in the later rounds but probably not 2 in rnd 1. They love DT's in waves not LB's. I think that may also be very comfortable with Wire as the 3rd OLB.

So, if we try to get 2 1st rounders I would say DT/LB or LB/RB or RB/DT (only if we still keep our 2nd this year for an LB) and so I am betting we wait until the 3rd for a CB. Just my opinion though...

Go Bills!

I don't think that's accurate. Right up to to the trade talk of McGahee, this board seemed to be split. What strikes me as funny is now that the trade is over, nobody seems to dispute the trade. Where are the ones who didn't want the trade now? I was all for it right from jumpstreet. Matter of fact, I was all for it BEFORE the talk, check my posts.

You're not actually thinking and implying that Dick Jauron thought Anthony Thomas was as good or better than Willis McGahee but didn't play him more, or virtually at all, just because the fans loved Willis McGahee are you? Jauron loves A Train and still wouldn't play him.

Althiugh anything is possible with Marv in this draft, I think that people should realize just how much Jauron really likes A-Train. Whenever DJ has been in power, A-Train has been his guy and there hasn't been anything said that would make you doubt that since we traded McGahee. I don't even expect us to draft a RB in the 2nd rd, unless we make a trade that gives us one later in that rd. I look for us to grab a RB with one of our 3rd rders. Someone posted a link on Fred Jackson's bio. This guy could really be the X factor in this whole RB situation. Looks like Marv really likes this guy.

Brandon Jackson or FRED jackson. I've never heard of a fred Jackson in the Draft stuff Ive seen.... Thanks.

You're not actually thinking and implying that Dick Jauron thought Anthony Thomas was as good or better than Willis McGahee but didn't play him more, or virtually at all, just because the fans loved Willis McGahee are you? Jauron loves A Train and still wouldn't play him.

What if they thought Willis WASN'T the answer midway thru the season but felt they had to showcase him nonetheless? Bench him and lose all leverage, right? Treat him like the almighty HE thinks he was, and perhaps most others.

They are in serious need of a RB. We can also use one as a compliment, they need a primary. They can trade in front of us but the cost would escalate considerably. I can't see them risking Lynch being taken before their pick. I expect us to let it be known come draft time that we're willing to trade down. I would be willing to sacrifice the likes of Willis, Akoye and others to slide back just a few slots and still be able to draft a quality CB and be able to add to our first day picks. In the right deal we could still possibly trade back into the 1st rd and take LB Paul Posluszny. Of course this scenario would be based on Peterson being taken before the 12th pick. Would anyone disagree about trading down a few slots if the compensation allowed us such a scenario?

I think trading back is a really really bad idea. At 12 we are practically assured of getting a great prospect and possible pro-bowler. If Peterson, Lynch, Willis and Okoye are all off the board (very slim chance of that happening) then I guess they should consider a trade down. As for Posluszny, from what I've read the guy had a subpar senior season, had a gimpy leg and needed to wear a leg brace during games. This is BEFORE he enters his life as a linebacker in the NFL. He sounds like a great guy but for how long and how good can this guy expect to be at the next level? If he were there in the second maybe, but the Bills should not be giving any picks away to get Posluszny. I also am not buying into Jaroun's runningback by commitee theory. A-Train is a mighty fine backup, but with a team that's as young and green on defense the Bills will be needing to score a lot of points. So whether it's this year or next, they will eventually have to find a "starting" runningback that will handle the ball 20 times a game. As for cornerback, I will be completely ticked if they use a 1st round pick on another DB after 3 of the top 4 picks were DBs in 2006. I say let Youboty fight it out with Greer and Thomas. We gave 4 rookies that chance last season so give him a shot in his second year with Nate now a Niner.

Althiugh anything is possible with Marv in this draft, I think that people should realize just how much Jauron really likes A-Train. Whenever DJ has been in power, A-Train has been his guy and there hasn't been anything said that would make you doubt that since we traded McGahee. I don't even expect us to draft a RB in the 2nd rd, unless we make a trade that gives us one later in that rd. I look for us to grab a RB with one of our 3rd rders. Someone posted a link on Fred Jackson's bio. This guy could really be the X factor in this whole RB situation. Looks like Marv really likes this guy.

If Jauron likes him so much why didn't he start him, or at least play him more?

A 3rd round running back is a wasted pick, 2nd round is a needle in a haystack, first round is a crapshoot.

I think trading back is a really really bad idea. At 12 we are practically assured of getting a great prospect and possible pro-bowler. If Peterson, Lynch, Willis and Okoye are all off the board (very slim chance of that happening) then I guess they should consider a trade down. As for Posluszny, from what I've read the guy had a subpar senior season, had a gimpy leg and needed to wear a leg brace during games. This is BEFORE he enters his life as a linebacker in the NFL. He sounds like a great guy but for how long and how good can this guy expect to be at the next level? If he were there in the second maybe, but the Bills should not be giving any picks away to get Posluszny. I also am not buying into Jaroun's runningback by commitee theory. A-Train is a mighty fine backup, but with a team that's as young and green on defense the Bills will be needing to score a lot of points. So whether it's this year or next, they will eventually have to find a "starting" runningback that will handle the ball 20 times a game. As for cornerback, I will be completely ticked if they use a 1st round pick on another DB after 3 of the top 4 picks were DBs in 2006. I say let Youboty fight it out with Greer and Thomas. We gave 4 rookies that chance last season so give him a shot in his second year with Nate now a Niner.

Agreed all the way around. If any of those 4 are there, take them. If not, trade down. No reason to leave one of those guys on the board.

I have no problem with a CB with any of or 3rds but not 1st or 2nd unless the value just explodes in the 2nd and we don't an RB or LB there. Still think a trade down in that scenario is better than a CB in round 2.

What if they thought Willis WASN'T the answer midway thru the season but felt they had to showcase him nonetheless? Bench him and lose all leverage, right? Treat him like the almighty HE thinks he was, and perhaps most others.

That's genius. If any team were ever to attempt to showcase suckiness, it would be the Bills.

So let me get this straight: They have Willis. They see he sucks. They know they're going to trade him after the season. So they play him instead of the better guy so they can show other teams how good he is so they get a better trade offer.

:D :D:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

That's genius. If any team were ever to attempt to showcase suckiness, it would be the Bills.

So let me get this straight: They have Willis. They see he sucks. They know they're going to trade him after the season. So they play him instead of the better guy so they can show other teams how good he is so they get a better trade offer.

:D :D:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

That is some funny sht

Just trying to get into their mindset is all, Kelly. Don't play him and remove all doubt. I've posted before, this league is full of arrogant GM types who think they can take what "you've" failed at and make him a star. Baltimore is the latest example of this. Is that so outlandish?

Just trying to get into their mindset is all, Kelly. Don't play him and remove all doubt. I've posted before, this league is full of arrogant GM types who think they can take what "you've" failed at and make him a star. Baltimore is the latest example of this. Is that so outlandish?

Yeah, that Ozzie Newsome. What an idiot he is. Hall of Famer. Executive of the Year. Super Bowl winner as GM.

http://baltimoreravens.com/includes/bio.js...mp;personType=1

First round picks:

1996 Jonathan Ogden, Ray Lewis

1997 Peter Bouleware

1998 Duane Starks

1999 Chris McAlister

2000 Jamal Lewis, Travis Taylor

2001 Todd Heap

2002 Ed Reed

2003 Terrell Suggs

2004 Kyle Boller (1993 but traded the 2004 pick)

2005 Mark Clayton

2006 Haloti Ngata

Here's what I do know. A-Train is still here, McGahee is gone. Nate Clements was tagged last year but was promised that he wouldn't be this year and now he's gone also. Spikes made some noise when the new administration took over and now he's speculated to be the next player gone. Fletcher-Baker is 32 yrs old and didn't attack the line of scrimmage and now he's gone. Does anybody dispute that the above is not factual? Good.

To answer your question Kelly, I never said nor implied that Jauron thought A-Train is a BETTER RB than McGoofey. I just think that DJ LIKES A-Train ALOT and as far as what DJ thinks of McGahee, well, draw your own conclusions. As far as DJ playing McGahee and sitting A-Train, there could be several different reasons. The most obvious reason is that McGahee is the better RB and I have no problem agreeing with that. What I do believe though is between the money, attitude and ability, Marv & Co. did not think that McGahee was the better RB for us in the future. Once again let me point out that A-Train is here and McGahee is gone.