Bills really pick #9 in the draft...

How about thinking of the draft in this term...Obviously the Bills will not pick a QB or a S at #12. Russell, Quinn, and Laron Landry will be off the board for sure. Technically if you remove those three players the Bills have the 9th best player at a needed position. Freakin Adam Schefter has me all reved up now talking about the Browns wanting Brady Quinn and Adrian Peterson possibly being available to the Bills.

If your worry is after four full seasons I think your priorities are a little off. I think we should get the player we expect the most football contribution out of for four or five seasons, and worry about the other stuff later. My worry is getting a player who doesn't make a big impact over the next four seasons, and I hope that is Marv's worry too.

If your worry is after four full seasons I think your priorities are a little off. I think we should get the player we expect the most football contribution out of for four or five seasons, and worry about the other stuff later. My worry is getting a player who doesn't make a big impact over the next four seasons, and I hope that is Marv's worry too.

Why does everyone only mention the Browns in need of a RB? The Texans only passed on Reggie Bush and signed Ahman Green who is not getting any younger. If Quinn is off the board, you have to believe Houston is going with Peterson.

Why does everyone only mention the Browns in need of a RB? The Texans only passed on Reggie Bush and signed Ahman Green who is not getting any younger. If Quinn is off the board, you have to believe Houston is going with Peterson.

Houston signed Green to a 4 year, $23mil contract. $6.5mil guaranteed. That's nearly $6mil a year. I would think it unlikely(not impossible) that they draft a RB at the #8 spot when they have committed so much money to the position & have so many other areas of need.

I know we won't end up with Peterson.......but I'm still hoping.

Don't get your hopes up.. we have bigger needs at this point.

Are you sure?

Houston signed Green to a 4 year, $23mil contract. $6.5mil guaranteed. That's nearly $6mil a year. I would think it unlikely(not impossible) that they draft a RB at the #8 spot when they have committed so much money to the position & have so many other areas of need.

Good post.

not really

Yeah...really. But just because we have bigger needs doesn't mean AP won't be the best choice.

I'm just happy to know that whoever we pick, we will probably get a very good player at a need position.

I dont hear anybody talking about this but.....how about this scenario

Peterson DOES fall to us at 12

- We have needs that can be filled by other players especially if we can get another 1st....

- We make a trade with ANOTHER team so they can move up and get AP....getting us more picks

- We use those picks to get us Lynch AND Willis or Okoye AND Lynch etc etc

I bet we could find a trading partner

Don't get your hopes up.. we have bigger needs at this point.

no we don't. I feel much more comfortable about our lb and cb and dt positions then rb. I'm willing to give mccargo and youboty the benefit of the doubt. They were pretty highly thought of prospects. I doubt we'll be trading spikes and with a year of offseason conditioning ellison who showed a lot of promise last year should be good to go.

Crowell is good and Id feel better about even a 75% tko compared to what he used to be. Then Anthony Thomas and Shaud Williams and some guy from nfle splitting carries. As it stands there is no bigger need on the bills then rb.

- We have needs that can be filled by other players especially if we can get another 1st....

- We make a trade with ANOTHER team so they can move up and get AP....getting us more picks

Or we ya know stay at 12 draft peterson. Take Brandon Siler in the 2nd and best available corner and dt in the 3rd.

Here is my worry: we draft a cocky RB who we have to trade in four years because we can't sign him and/or he has worn out his welcome.

Hopefully this time around he's not a complete ass clown and actually produces ON the field before he proclaims himself a great half back. Go to hell Willis.

with so many needs, Houston would trade down with Peterson as trade bait.

Redskins are desparate to move down as well to get more picks. Peterson probably goes at #6 to somebody.

How about thinking of the draft in this term...Obviously the Bills will not pick a QB or a S at #12. Russell, Quinn, and Laron Landry will be off the board for sure. Technically if you remove those three players the Bills have the 9th best player at a needed position. Freakin Adam Schefter has me all reved up now talking about the Browns wanting Brady Quinn and Adrian Peterson possibly being available to the Bills.

why not take out Calcin Johnson, Joe Thomas adn GAines Adams too. No way in hell we have a shot at them.

Now we're picking 6th.

we can get a lot more in trade for our 1st rounder now that its a 6 instead of a 12. :wallbash:

What a plan!

why not take out Calcin Johnson, Joe Thomas adn GAines Adams too. No way in hell we have a shot at them.

Now we're picking 6th.

we can get a lot more in trade for our 1st rounder now that its a 6 instead of a 12. :wallbash:

What a plan!

:beer: If we have the 6th pick, we can trade back down to 12 and still get one of our guys and extra picks.

If peterson slips from Cleveland he is prime meat all the way down. It would be very hard to turn him down for any of the teams, so I think a more likely scenario is that a team comes off of Okoye, Willis or Branch to take him and we get the trickle down benefit of one of the three. If I'm wrong and Peterson is available? I'm assuming Okoye and Branch would have to have been taken...and I'd go with Peterson...too good to pass up and it is a position of need. If Okoye is available..we've got a lot of serious discussing and a VERY hard decision to make.

I hear ya - but the Bills wanted to draft Whitner - or so they said last year - and most everyone believes they could have traded down and still have gotten him but they did not.

I have heard the comments that the Bills were afraid someone else would draft him if they traded down...yada yada.

My point is - this means that Levy already has had the opportunity once to do what you are suggesting but instead used the pick to draft the guy he wanted. He doesn't like to take risks when his guy is there. So, although I like your suggetsion, my own prediction is Marv will draft his guy or move up to draft him.

Man, though, won't it be exciting if Peterson is there at 12!

-rgg