Are Illegal Immigrants Good Or Bad For Economy?

No, because they're not smart by definition, because they don't make as much money as citizens. Of course, smart people in general should not be allowed to stay home and have kids, because then they're not as successful in the workplace (seeing as they're not even IN the workplace), and hence not smart either. So they should stay in the labor pool, thereby verifying their intelligence...so that their breeding can be subsidized, even though they can't breed, because then they can't work, which makes them dumb, particularly if their East Germans or can't roll a 3.5 on a die. Which is fine, as long as they don't live in molson_goldfish's neighborhood, because he only wants to help people he doesn't have to personally deal with.

Got it now?

100+ pages of HA's drivel all summed up neatly into a paragraph. Good work Tom. Add in something about running power lines and burning cornstalks, and you;ve got something even Dean McCheese would be proud of. You could have graduated MagnaCumNugget with that theory.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROTFLMAO!!! Sort of like the Bushbots that wanted to help the Iraqis they hate so much. I never got that one, they want to bomb and kill them, and then stay there to form a democracy.

Your dancing only confirms what I said. Thanks for playing. :blink::nana:

ROTFLMAO!!! Sort of like the Bushbots that wanted to help the Iraqis they hate so much. I never got that one, they want to bomb and kill them, and then stay there to form a democracy.

When you're getting your ass kicked in one argument...spew Iraq soundbites. It's like a nervous tic.

Who the hell said they hated Iraqis. STOP making shiit up!

No, because they're not smart by definition, because they don't make as much money as citizens. Of course, smart people in general should not be allowed to stay home and have kids, because then they're not as successful in the workplace (seeing as they're not even IN the workplace), and hence not smart either. So they should stay in the labor pool, thereby verifying their intelligence...so that their breeding can be subsidized, even though they can't breed, because then they can't work, which makes them dumb, particularly if their East Germans or can't roll a 3.5 on a die. Which is fine, as long as they don't live in molson_goldfish's neighborhood, because he only wants to help people he doesn't have to personally deal with.

Got it now?

So basically, PETA is correct and we should euthanize all humans. Unless, of course, they roll a 3.5. (It COULD happen.)

I'm all for that plan, as long as we start with PETA.

See, that's what I don't understand about PETA. They think (know) that humanity is the largest destructive force on/towards the planet, but yet very few of them kill themselves. I think their rhetoric would be much more acceptable if they practiced what they preached.

But if we simply raise taxes, won't government cure the "decay class of people"? (Whatever the heck that is.)

Or maybe the solution is to follow HA's apparent advice and prevent all non-European immigration to this country? (Or is it just Latinos that keep the country from looking like it did when he was a child? I couldn't quite figure out where he was going with that one.) (Sorry for digressing.) That way, low skilled high paying jobs could go to native Americans, and we'd eliminate the "decay class of people".

I'll try to undo the damage of the last two pages, and move this thread back toward the topic of immigration. A crucial factor in national success is for the population of a country to have something in common with each other. Shared values, a shared sense of purpose, and a shared cultural identity, are all sources of national strength. Witness, for example, the Austrian and Ottoman Empires. Both empires had pathetic war efforts in WWI; because both consisted of disparate groups of people who weren't linked by anything stronger or deeper than a scrap of paper. The nations which produced respectable war efforts--Britain, Germany, France, the U.S.--each had a stronger degree of internal unity and cohesion.

That same unity and cohesion was present during the rise of the Roman Republic. The loss of that unity was instrumental in the fall of the Roman Empire. What, precisely, do you imagine will be holding this country together in the future? Our Constitution? Without a unified people to stand behind it, any constitution is only paper. What do you imagine will unify the people? There will be no shared sense of religious values, no shared sense of cultural identity, no ethnic or racial identity, no sense of common history, no sense of shared national purpose. Without these things patriotism will wither and die. People will lose the sense of belonging to something larger than themselves; and with that their ability to sacrifice their own selfish interests for the greater whole. We will be as internally weak as were the Austrian, Ottoman, and Roman Empires during their respective declines. America will become a house of cards, and will be blown away by the next strong wind.

I'll try to undo the damage of the last two pages, and move this thread back toward the topic of immigration. A crucial factor in national success is for the population of a country to have something in common with each other. Shared values, a shared sense of purpose, and a shared cultural identity, are all sources of national strength. Witness, for example, the Austrian and Ottoman Empires. Both empires had pathetic war efforts in WWI; because both consisted of disparate groups of people who weren't linked by anything stronger or deeper than a scrap of paper. The nations which produced respectable war efforts--Britain, Germany, France, the U.S.--each had a stronger degree of internal unity and cohesion.

That same unity and cohesion was present during the rise of the Roman Republic. The loss of that unity was instrumental in the fall of the Roman Empire. What, precisely, do you imagine will be holding this country together in the future? Our Constitution? Without a unified people to stand behind it, any constitution is only paper. What do you imagine will unify the people? There will be no shared sense of religious values, no shared sense of cultural identity, no ethnic or racial identity, no sense of common history, no sense of shared national purpose. Without these things patriotism will wither and die. People will lose the sense of belonging to something larger than themselves; and with that their ability to sacrifice their own selfish interests for the greater whole. We will be as internally weak as were the Austrian, Ottoman, and Roman Empires during their respective declines. America will become a house of cards, and will be blown away by the next strong wind.

The thing that unites us is, as Bill Murray so eloquently put it, and this is a paraphrase "our forefathers were kicked out of every self respecting country there is". We ARE mutts. That is where the cohesion comes from. The people that are here want to be here. I don't dispute that there is the potential that our country could break down, I just believe the people that are here are smart enough not to let that happen.

Immigration isn't the issue. Illegal immigration is an issue and the paltry # of green cards and visas issued is also an issue. Personally, I think we should increase the # of legal immigrants allowed into the country AND make more efforts to limit the illegal immigration. But I don't have a problem with our country becoming a little "browner" than it was when I was growing up. In many ways, I see that as a positive.

But I don't have a problem with our country becoming a little "browner" than it was when I was growing up. In many ways, I see that as a positive.

As long as they don't control the ports and have sex with white women folk, right, Herr Holcomb?

But its still a silly point. Because I think the government should help people I have to want to live with those people?

That was a very honest post in a thread that is laced with hypocrisy.

You seem to be all for the government raiding the Social Security fund, shelling out tax dollars and disregarding borders, all to assure that we are invaded by illegals, providing of course YOU aren't disturbed by "those people" and their "swarms of kids."

Oh My God. :thumbsup:

Children should be silent in order to not disturb leftists. Do I have this right? :D

Worry not; you are not the only liberal from afar in this thread. At least you are open about it.

The truth is you hate this country and love an economy.

Watch Lou Dobbs on CNN.

A COUNTRY IS NOT ABOUT JUST BEING AN ECONOMY. IT'S ABOUT A UNIFIED POPULATION OF PEOPLE WITH SHARED BELIEF SYSTEMS.

People from other countries do not love this country. They love the economy and hate the culture.

A multicultural society does not work (See France). It's that simple. It creates too many problems (crime).

<vizualization>

Ah yes, I can hear it now, the thundering of boots....

*thud, thud, thud, thud*

Can't you see the banners flying? It's stirring no doubt as you stand, enthralled, awaiting THE speech. The one about how blood and country, language and identity are threatened by an "alien people." The one that shows the way out of a situation that seemingly has no solution. It's all so simple. You stand with the rest, raise your hand in the air and as the speaker approaches the podium you shout out in joy....

SIEG HEIL!

:thumbsup:

</vizualization>

Your entire argument is that because these people are "different," because they don't share our "shared belief systems" (whatever THAT means), they don't belong here. That they don't have the right to fair and equitable treatment at the hands of a notoriously inefficient and inept immigration system. Your argument is that because these people can't AFFORD the thousands of dollars and countless hours it takes to be here legally, that somehow they are of a lesser status.

Oh, and BTW, these people are Catholics, like a good HALF the current US population.

And WTF ARE our shared beliefs, exactly? A 5-minute read of this !@#$ing board shows that hardly ANYBODY shares a belief on ANYTHING.

And France? They're anything but multicultural. French muslims are excluded from mainstream society. One reason we DON'T have France's problems it that we're more willing to absorb others into our mainstream. Once that stops being the case, the trains may as well start pulling up to the stations.

That was a very honest post in a thread that is laced with hypocrisy.

You seem to be all for the government raiding the Social Security fund, shelling out tax dollars and disregarding borders, all to assure that we are invaded by illegals, providing of course YOU aren't disturbed by "those people" and their "swarms of kids."

Oh My God. :oops:

Children should be silent in order to not disturb leftists. Do I have this right? :beer:

Worry not; you are not the only liberal from afar in this thread. At least you are open about it.

Nice broad generalization Bill... Come to my neck of the woods and you will see how it works! And works well... Without your hate... Don't be afraid to drive around with the top and windows down... Lots of diverse culture to be had! You can learn some Spanish too!

I think most of you guys would be shocked where I live... And you know what? I think it is a pretty cool place... Where those "swarms of kids" and "those people" are welcomed! Well, at least by my family and myself... Sure there are problems, sure there are things I don't like... But, I check my initial hate or disgust (if they should arise... And not saying they don't!) for things I don't agree with at the door...

You'll hear me piss and moan about some things (and its usually an emotional topic that gets in the way)... The stuff here that some spew is wild...

You'd think every liberal tucks themselves away in a +200k house and a gated community with manicured lawns?... Nice stereotype, but you are full of them...

Come on!

I am just a working chump too Bill, trying to feed my family and provide my kids with the best tolerant education... No doubt my property values have taken a hit over the last 10 years, but is that all that is important in life?... Beats living on the freakin' North Side by a mile!

Sorry... /rant

:thumbsup::D