John Clayton just said on ESPN Radio...

MattM

...that Marshawn Lynch will most likely go to the Bills with the 12th pick. Think he has inside info., or is he just being his usual clueless self?

I think he is clueless, but then again so am I.

I don't think he has any insider information. How could he? We are still more than one month away from the draft and lots happens each week between now and then.

Simple Speculation. Buffalo doesn't have a rb. Marshawn Lynch will more then likely be available at 12. Buffalo will take marshawn lynch. Personaly I'm not as high on lynch as a lot of others are and don't feel like he's worth at a top 12 pick. I dont think he's in the same league as adrian peterson or michael bush. Maybe it's because I've seen the other 2 play more then I've seen Cal.

...that Marshawn Lynch will most likely go to the Bills with the 12th pick. Think he has inside info., or is he just being his usual clueless self?

I think he could be wrong. In the end we'll go with a defensive player.

how stupid is that, we trade mcgahee and in return lose badly needed 12th pick on MLB willis because we need it for an RB now.

I dont think we will take Lynch at 12 because he could fall further then that and we could trade down and get him.....

The ideal scenario for me would be getting lynch and willis in this draft....we have some draft pick ammo to move around.

Like us, the Packers have a huuuuge gapping hole at runningback after losing Ahmad Green. So if the Bills go past the 16th pick they would have to settle for the runningback scraps like Bush, Hunt or Irons. None of which have the size, speed and all around ability that the Steve Fairchild offense thrives on. No way the Bills are looking at picking up a jumbo back like Bush. As for Hunt, he'll become a very good backup in this league and Irons is a third down/change of pace scat back. I think the next Bills runningback will be Lynch, Turner or Peterson.

The only way I see we get Willis and a true runningback would be to draft Willis (if he's still there), then start negotiating with the Chargers on compensation for Turner (on condition Turner signs an extension since this is his final year under contract). If we go the Lynch route in the first, I see the Bills drafting the best CB in the second then the best two linebackers in the third round when their picks come up (Shaw, Alexander, Burgess, Waters, Durant?).

Personaly I'm not as high on lynch as a lot of others are and don't feel like he's worth at a top 12 pick. I dont think he's in the same league as adrian peterson or michael bush. Maybe it's because I've seen the other 2 play more then I've seen Cal.

I agree....which is why I think if he is available late in the first round the Bills might do what they did last year with McCargo. If they can find a dance partner to package their 2nd and early 3rd to move up for a late 1st rounder.

I see a lot of mocks drafts that show Patrick Willis falling to late first round and I could see the Bills following this stategy to get Willis late in the first as well.

Another option is to trade down. Giving up their #12 and packaging their 2nd and eary 3rd and pick up a mid and late first rounder.

I thought Marshawn Lynch had character issues...that automatically disqualifies his from Buffalo. And Adrian Peterson has a child with a woman he's not married to. There goes another option.

UGH.

THIS IS NOT WHAT MARV IS TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marv is looking for "football character". He wants guys who are leaders, who are reliable, who show up and work hard and want to win and be in Buffalo. I know many people who have kids out of wedlock who are VERY good people. Marv doesnt care about that. You think Tom Brady is a "bad character guy"?? Come on. If he were an (affordable) Free Agent, you bet your a$$ marv would invite him in for an interview. He also doesnt want guys into illegal activity (i.e. guns, drugs, etc.), but a child out of wedlock, unproveable claims of spousal abuse, even a DWI are not issues with Marv.

I agree....which is why I think if he is available late in the first round the Bills might do what they did last year with McCargo. If they can find a dance partner to package their 2nd and early 3rd to move up for a late 1st rounder.

I see a lot of mocks drafts that show Patrick Willis falling to late first round and I could see the Bills following this stategy to get Willis late in the first as well.

Another option is to trade down. Giving up their #12 and packaging their 2nd and eary 3rd and pick up a mid and late first rounder.

Marshawn will not drop farther then 16....If he is there at 12 you draft him....

Marshawn will not drop farther then 16....If he is there at 12 you draft him....

This is funny, because some Tool on espn radio (Jeremy Green I think) said Lynch was going to drop into 2nd round due to him combine. Combine, schombine, he'll go in first. This Green guy is really saying some stupid stuff.

Was he the one on the show the Huddle on ESPN radio who just said "Don't say anything negative about the Bills off season or your inbox will be full in minutes" ?

Good. I love it! It shows how many people have a passion for this team. I think all the jokes from the ESPN personalities about Ralph being senile have given Bills fan a "bunker" mentality. Especially now, since it turned out that Ralph was right about the CBA and that he was the only owner who had the stones to speak out. I sent a few emails myself to the two a$$clowns on their morning show, after about two days of "Ralph is senile" jokes every 15 minutes.

Adrian Peterson is a stud. If he is on the board at #12, we take him hands down. Take this into account. Free agency has only been going on for little more than a week. Me thinks that will make at least one if not two more interesting moves before the draft to better the team. Looking at what is left on the free agent market, what position is lacking the most in talent. I would say running backs with Chris Brown, A-train, Buckholter, Dayne, etc. left. That means we will probably spend any big bucks we have left on another position especially if we cut Takeo. (distinct possibility) What talent is still available? Cato June, (I know people say he is small, but the guy is a good football player) What about Robaire Smith from Tennessee to fill a tremendous need at DT. And they also have the kid from Maryland I believe Starks who is a restricted free agent, (Watch Marv put a big offer together for him)

My point is if we can get one or two more potential starters in free agency, it narrows down the positions of need on draft day. And with the least likely position to be filled in free agency being running back due to lack of talent, Adrian Peterson could and should very well be our man at #12. (don't forget David Harris from Michigan at middle linebacker. The guy is a tackling machine)

What is it with all this, "methinks" stuff? Are we in 1850's England or something?

Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch are the only First Round quality picks. Kenny Irons, Tony Hunt, Michael Bush, Brandon Jackson, and Antonio Pittman are all good backs, but not of the first round variety.

I still don't think Adrian Peterson has the pass catching skills out of the backfield Marv is looking for. Lynch is better, but doesn't posses the charcter that I think Marv wants.

Lynch isn't in the McGahee category, but driving the cart on the field at Cal was funny stuff.