Off Topic From the Bills

I am going to say Phish, I hate them they definitly suck. Who ever sings for them is horrible, I go to this one bar and they play like 20 phish songs in a row. And whats the deal with the drummer wearing a dress can some one please explain that to me. I think Phish should be taken out of every juke box in every bar they SUCK

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yasin, I know you just joined us last night and all, but there's a little forum called "Off the Wall" for topics such as this.
thanks for the info, but if you read the headline i also said off topic from bills, but thanks for where i should start putting these topics.

This one's easy....

Heart - just something about them grates on me. :ph34r:

Boston (pizz-poor timing for me to post this) - There towards the end a lot there songs started to sound the same (same three cords over and over)

REM - just waaaaaaaaaaay too pretentious for me

Meat Loaf - just because you can make a song 11 minutes long doesn't mean you should make EVERY song that long. :(

Good call on REM. But I question if there is ANYONE more pretentious and self important than Bono.

(Who's the lazy Mod that has yet to move this post to OTW?) I'm in trouble now.

This one's easy....

Heart - just something about them grates on me. :ph34r:

Boston (pizz-poor timing for me to post this) - There towards the end a lot there songs started to sound the same (same three cords over and over)

Meat Loaf - just because you can make a song 11 minutes long doesn't mean you should make EVERY song that long. :(

I agree with all I forgot one band to mention, there not annoying but suck is KISS, and I think black sabbath is up there, Tony Iomi plays the same solos over and over again

Can't disagree more.

There aren't many good artists who haven't been accused of pretension at some point, anyway.

Maybe true, but for some reason it just seemed more "over-the-top" with REM. Before they got very popular and very mainstream they were pretty good, but as soon as they started getting a lot of attention, they just seem to become very preachy or something. Like they were the moral compass of American music. Kinda like how the Beastie Boys got so wrapped up on their "Free Tibet" stuff that they just started putting out more and more crap.

Bono... holy FRIGGIN CRAP is he somethin else. Who will lead us to the promise land Tedy Bruschi or this cat? :blink:

I guess we agree to disagree on REM.... (by the time I post this the thread will probably be moved I hope?)

BTW, who is that in your avatar? Love the old school Jays uni... :blink:

I'm going to guess John Olerud, because of the helmet reference. Let's see how wrong I am.