Rhodes signs with Raiders

Everyone knows Rhodes was a back that shared the load. That's fine, but his deal with Oakland was about 7.5M for 2 years. Now, if we didn't like Rhodes because he was, well, Dominic Rhodes that's fine. But if it's about the money and we can't cough up that sort of money for a RB, then we've got a problem.

It takes a lot for a guy to decide to go to Oakland at this juncture. What would it have taken for Buffalo to sign Rhodes?

At this point the options at RB are getting smaller. Even if you re-sign Anthony Thomas, I guarantee we go RB in the first or second round. And if we do, then now you've got a rookie and Anthony Thomas sharing the load. I'm fine with that, as long as the back sharing the load is Lynch or Peterson. Lynch has some personal baggage, but we've used the first round pick to fill a hole we created. Those are the two guys ready to go now. The others have some issues.

The bottom line to me is Buffalo continues building for the future. The line is good on paper. But, there are many positions left to fill and depth to have in case of injury. RB wasn't supposed to be a problem in the off-season, and it's become one.

Everyone knows Rhodes was a back that shared the load. That's fine, but his deal with Oakland was about 7.5M for 2 years. Now, if we didn't like Rhodes because he was, well, Dominic Rhodes that's fine. But if it's about the money and we can't cough up that sort of money for a RB, then we've got a problem.

It takes a lot for a guy to decide to go to Oakland at this juncture. What would it have taken for Buffalo to sign Rhodes?

At this point the options at RB are getting smaller. Even if you re-sign Anthony Thomas, I guarantee we go RB in the first or second round. And if we do, then now you've got a rookie and Anthony Thomas sharing the load. I'm fine with that, as long as the back sharing the load is Lynch or Peterson. Lynch has some personal baggage, but we've used the first round pick to fill a hole we created. Those are the two guys ready to go now. The others have some issues.

The bottom line to me is Buffalo continues building for the future. The line is good on paper. But, there are many positions left to fill and depth to have in case of injury. RB wasn't supposed to be a problem in the off-season, and it's become one.

While there is a big hole to fill the Willis departure was very predictable. The Bills obviously did not like the guy and did not want to retain him. You have to believe they have a plan.

While there is a big hole to fill the Willis departure was very predictable. The Bills obviously did not like the guy and did not want to retain him. You have to believe they have a plan.

Custer had a plan too.

Gosh getting rid of McGahee is looking better all the time

The great one two punch of Rhodes and Jordan. Two former back ups who never will live up to starter money no matter how much you pay them. They really need JaMarcus Russell now. I am happy that they signed him so the Bills did not.

I agree totally

Too bad. We could have used a starting RB of his caliber.

I guess Itd be good to have a guy of that caliber if Shaud Williams were actually Plan A right now but hes clearly not. Rhodes is average, every year 6-10 backs come out of the draft on that talent-level.

Chris brown is a better runner than rhodes, if only he had some toughness.