ESPN'S Michael Smith

He said the Bills have had the worst offseason in the NFL so far after the McGahee trade......You have to love how Willis has turned into a media darling in the last 24 hours but was touted as an average back all season long by these same analysts...When a guy gets damn near 300 carries and doesn't rush for 1,000 yards its hard to see him as anything more than an average back....We should be thankful Marv is running our ship because the man knows what he is doing.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My dog knows more than ESPN.

Just remember these are the same goons that pick the Fins to do some serious damage every year because of there offseason moves.

ESPN = Tards.

There like MTV now. They used to know music........now its all about style and the "in" thing to talk about. No music for MTV and ESPN hardly has any sports on.

Michael Smith is a Philly guy, and usually the dumbest guy on Around the Horn(which says something right there).

all he is going on is names. i guarantee you he didnt watch ONE bills game last year.

i saw the report last night and just chuckled. fine, let people underestimate this team. cause with our new line and Marv' drafting we are going to punch some people in the mouth this year and theyre never going to see it coming.

His reasoning made sense. We have very large holes to fill.

We have lost our best corner and one of the best in the league.

We lost the emotional leader and leading tackler on the defense.

We have lost our leading rusher for the past few years.

We have added Dockery and paid him Steinbeck money.

We have added a linemen whose previous team had an even worse offensive line than the Bills.

We have added another journeyman offensive linemen.

Remember that the qualifier was "so far." With any luck, these holes will be filled by equal or better talent by the end of the off season. As it stands now, however, we have taken at least a few steps back with the team as a whole. I hope that Marv has a plan that will improve this team over last year by the time we get to the regular season. Time will tell.

Right. So why assign a grade?

well, in all fairness to Michael Smith, he is assinging a grade RIGHT NOW because his bosses, who pay him to come up with something to say, assigned him a piece on who are the winners/losers in FA so far.

thats why i just sorta laughed off the report. it was no news, just filler for now. sorta like all the repetitive posts around here.

its the offseason.

I was just listening to "Movin' the Chains" on Sirius and they couldn't believe that Baltimore gave up 3 draft picks for Willis, especially when the Jets were able to acquire Thomas Jones for "essentially a 3rd round pick"

I love the move and the offseason has been very good so far.

I was just listening to "Movin' the Chains" on Sirius and they couldn't believe that Baltimore gave up 3 draft picks for Willis, especially when the Jets were able to acquire Thomas Jones for "essentially a 3rd round pick"

I love the move and the offseason has been very good so far.

Compare the two trades based on the NFL draft value chart. We received just 13 points more than what the Bears got and for which they were ridiculed.

Compare the two trades based on the NFL draft value chart. We received just 13 points more than what the Bears got and for which they were ridiculed.

Yeah, but once again, once we're out of math land and onto the playing field:

2 3rd Round and 1 seventh round potential contributing/good/starting players > 1 potential contributing/good/starting 2nd round player

The numbers stop when 3 players have a chance to help us instead of one.