Is anyone else sick of Jeremy White?

yall

I enjoy (or at least used to) listening to Howard Simon in the morning. I don't always agree with his opinions or conclusions, but he generally is well spoken, and fairly rational. Also, unlike many other sports talk personalities, he actually considers an opposing argument instead of immediately dismissing it, provided it has some merit.

Now, the show has de-evolved to Jeremy White screaming at callers and basically taking over the morning show. His co-hosts and callers can barely speak before this guy is screaming like someone is ripping off his toenails with pliers. It's to the point where I'm considering just going back to listening to music during my morning shower and drive.

Is anyone else bothered by White as much as me, or am I in the minority here? (Or, alternatively, does no one really care?)

I enjoy (or at least used to) listening to Howard Simon in the morning. I don't always agree with his opinions or conclusions, but he generally is well spoken, and fairly rational. Also, unlike many other sports talk personalities, he actually considers an opposing argument instead of immediately dismissing it, provided it has some merit.

Now, the show has de-evolved to Jeremy White screaming at callers and basically taking over the morning show. His co-hosts and callers can barely speak before this guy is screaming like someone is ripping off his toenails with pliers. It's to the point where I'm considering just going back to listening to music during my morning shower and drive.

Is anyone else bothered by White as much as me, or am I in the minority here? (Or, alternatively, does no one really care?)

I'll support your comments.

He is a dumbass and Simon would be much better without him!

Couldn't agree more. I haven't liked him from the start and he is only getting worse. Lately if you don't agree with him, he is quick to dismiss you (ala Shopp). Isn't it great being a one newspaper and one sports talk show town!!!!

There are a lot of folks out there who can't handle having any level of power over others, it goes straight to their head after a while. Jeremy White happens to be one of these folks. He might be a nice guy personally, but when he gets his little piece of power he runs with it. I don't feel it is annoying, I feel it is sad.

He sucks massive moose

That's not very fair to our friend, Moose, clumpy.

But, you are correct, J White sucks and blows and the same time. When I lived in WNY. I instantly changed the station when I heard his voice. Howard Simon is really the only decent radio sports guy in the Bufftown market, IMO.

That's not very fair to our friend, Moose, clumpy.

But, you are correct, J White sucks and blows and the same time. When I lived in WNY. I instantly changed the station when I heard his voice. Howard Simon is really the only decent radio sports guy in the Bufftown market, IMO.

Howard Simon??? The best??? Aren't you forgetting Art Wander????

Agree. This morning's show was basically unlistenable, as was Riter's last night. My favorite part was when Jeremy rationalized that the McGahee trade had to be a huge mistake for the Bills because Baltimore has been the more successful franchise over the last ten years, so his money was on them to make the better personnel judgement. That is some great logic there!!

i don't listen to WGR much but i was in Buffalo for meetings yesterday and happened to listen to this guy on the ride home yesterday.

i don't know if any of the criticisms made here are valid. they might be. i don't know.

the one thing i do know, is the guy cannot read news copy live on air to save his life.

I've said this from the very beginning when Howard moved to mornings at WGR. Last time I looked it was the "Howard Simon Show".

More Howard and ONLY turn on Jeremy's mike when he is doing 20/20 sports updates.

Agree. This morning's show was basically unlistenable, as was Riter's last night. My favorite part was when Jeremy rationalized that the McGahee trade had to be a huge mistake for the Bills because Baltimore has been the more successful franchise over the last ten years, so his money was on them to make the better personnel judgement. That is some great logic there!!

I haven't listened to WGR in the past 5-6 weeks since I moved from Buffalo, but I thought White was pretty funny and Brad Riter is one of my favorite radio people of all time. That said, they were both such big fans of Willis (which I can't understand) that I would've loved to hear their first shows after he was dealt. I can imagine White being pretty hysterical after hearing his Willis arguments on air with Jerry Sullivan over the past few months.

Sullivan once said they only reason White (and maybe Riter) were so emphatic about Willis being good/staying was that they were the ones on the air during the draft who were so excited when the Bills took him. They had a lot to lose if they admitted it was a bad draft pick.

I haven't listened to WGR in the past 5-6 weeks since I moved from Buffalo, but I thought White was pretty funny and Brad Riter is one of my favorite radio people of all time. That said, they were both such big fans of Willis (which I can't understand) that I would've loved to hear their first shows after he was dealt. I can imagine White being pretty hysterical after hearing his Willis arguments on air with Jerry Sullivan over the past few months.

Sullivan once said they only reason White (and maybe Riter) were so emphatic about Willis being good/staying was that they were the ones on the air during the draft who were so excited when the Bills took him. They had a lot to lose if they admitted it was a bad draft pick.

Well, Sullivan clearly nailed that one. This morning, when a caller offered a pretty logical argument, IMO, that it's too early to declare this a disastrous trade for the Bills (can we at least see who we draft, Jer?) and that Willis certainly could not be considered an elite back at this point, Jeremy started yelling (I'm not kidding) "Oh come on! Sully... is that you?" That's when I had to turn it off. Sports radio in Buffalo is pathetic right now.

You mean the "polish prince", the tiny tot of the kilowatt. Isnt he dead?

No Art Wander, the last I heard was still alive and living in Arizona with his daughter.

WGR's sports talk radio sucks for the most part. Simon used to be good when he was on Empire, but now he sounds like an airhead just like the rest of them. Same for Bulldog when he first started out on WBEN sports-talk he was informative and easy to listen to. Now its just screaming and put downs, especially by Schopp and White. As far as Schoop, what the hell is doing broadcasting sports? This is still a football town first. Yep the Sabres are doing great but to have a hundred percent negative attitude about anything concerning the Buffalo Bills as Schopp does, tops the list of why I rarely listen. And as far as any of them knowing what the heck is going on at RWS before it hits the wire - they don't. I have heard just downright misinformation or half-truths many times.

All you need to know about JW is that this morning on my way in, he was talking about who sang some particular song.. Amy Grant, Ani DiFranco or Sarah McLaughlin. Any guy that knows these three and their work is obviously an emotionally needy wreck. Sickening. Aside from that, he's one of these guys, like Schopp, that was more than likely the Strat-o-matic dork in school, failed miserably athletically but still idoizes these guys. JW's idolization of WM really shakes any credibility the guy may have ever had (doubtful). Sorry guy, going to Syracuse for journalism does not in and of itself grant you instant credibility in your field. All it means is that during high school, you did well enough to get in.

But what kills me is that he just lacks an understanding and objectivity. He sees the guy as some sort of all-pro. Let's just quickly look at what he really is... a downhill, upright runner that is good inside when given a hole but he lacks the ability to get outside and turn the corner; he can't block well and maybe most importantly he can't catch. Look at guys like LT, Gore, LJ, Jackson and they're a threat BECAUSE of their ability to catch, they add a dimension to the offense and give the defense something more to defend. Thurman did the same thing. WM doesn't.

I agree, he's a serviceable RB but he's not an All-Pro.

Being a project manager myself, I value hard working, team players with inteligence. Football is really no different and ML and DJ know this. They're getting their guys, a la BB in NE. Brains win, I'd bet my life on it.

Steve Tasker made a good comment yesterday about ML when he was a player. His genius was his ability to know when to get rid of guys and who NOT to draft as much as who to draft. And he used the comment that smart players get better, dumb players are the same when they arrive as they are when they leave. WM rocked an 11 or 12 on his Wonderlic, below the score attirubuted to a janitor! So maybe he just can't even read the playbook. That school is also associated with professional and emotional immaturity.