I think PTI was just hinting at the fact that the Bills are screwed

I love the show, but they said that the release of Fletcher and Clements were major losses on the team and said that they signed 3 linemen (we all knew this). But here's where I think they're hinting at the Bills this year. They said they have no one to block for. OF COURSE WE DON'T. I think they don't like our chances this year now that we released McGahee who they said was at his prime.

AND! Guess who they said got the better end of the deal. The Ravens.

HOW? They gave up so much for him and we probably wouldn't have been able to pay him next year. Not to mention the risk of a holdout. We definetly go the better end of the deal. Now with extra draft picks we could trade up in the draft.

Thoughts?

Time will tell. Right now, I think that the Ravens got a pretty good deal. They gave up just 13 points (based on the NFL draft value chart) more to get WM than the Jets gave up for Jones (and the Bears were ridiculed for that trade. They signed him to a pretty reasonable deal for an NFL RB. They had a very good team last year. The only questions they have are whether they can convince Ogdan not to retire and replace the linemen that they just let go.

Who are they going to block for? How about a guy named JP LOSMAN! Ugh, sometimes this show is annoying.

Not saying I want us to sign Corey Dillion, but ask yourself this question,

Which way is our team better next year

Upgraded OL, Willis Mcgahee

OR

Upgraded OL, Corey Dillon and lets say, a 3rd round Cornerback?

(never mind the additional 3rd next year....)

Its not a tough choice. This trade improves us.

Tony Kornheiser is a moron i don't trust his opinion on anything other than the American Idol compettion. The Bill's hands were forced into trading McGahee there was no other alternative and in that sense I though the Raven's got a quality back for a decent price.

Too soon to tell, but I don't go to PTI for my great sports info. If we don't add any backs this will be a huge error on our part. :thumbsup: But obviously we will add other backs, and it depends on who we get. I thought this article was interesting, and is something I have thought for a while (although I woudn't mind Dillon if not too expensive):

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10047765

I love the show, but they said that the release of Fletcher and Clements were major losses on the team and said that they signed 3 linemen (we all knew this). But here's where I think they're hinting at the Bills this year. They said they have no one to block for. OF COURSE WE DON'T. I think they don't like our chances this year now that we released McGahee who they said was at his prime.

HOW? They gave up so much for him and we probably wouldn't have been able to pay him next year. Not to mention the risk of a holdout. We definetly go the better end of the deal. Now with extra draft picks we could trade up in the draft.

Thoughts?

Look at past #93 draft picks and tell me why you are excited by this pick.

I love the show, but they said that the release of Fletcher and Clements were major losses on the team and said that they signed 3 linemen (we all knew this). But here's where I think they're hinting at the Bills this year. They said they have no one to block for.OF COURSE WE DON'T. I think they don't like our chances this year now that we released McGahee who they said was at his prime.

HOW? They gave up so much for him. We definetly go the better end of the deal. Now with extra draft picks we could trade up in the draft.

Thoughts?

It's easy for them to be this critical when the Bills have yet to sign/pick/trade for a replacement. I do agree the loss on D hurts, but I think 3 picks for WM is a decent deal...especially when he would've been gone after his contract ran out anyway. All the recent indications are that he wouldn't re-sign with the Bills. I disagee with them completely about who got the better of the deal!

95 - Jonas Jennings

100 - Rudi Johnson

91 - Brian Westbrook

81 - Derrick Dockery

82 - Ricky Manning Jr

93 - Chris Brown

94 - Angelo Crowell

97 - Chris Simms

101 - Dominick Davis

111 - Terrence McGee

81 - Chris Cooley

90 - Matt Shaub

91 - Tony Hargrove

83 - Chris Henry

109 - Marion Barber

110 - Brandon Jacobs

79 - Jerius Norwood

105 - Ko Simpson

Thats just a quick list of people around that area. Note that these are the "sexy" name guys. There are only a handful of teams (other than the bills) that I could name 2 members of their O-Line, so undoubtably there are some good Linemen and 2nd tier players that I ommited from the above lists. But there are GOOD players that come out of that round. Interesting to note how many are current (or former) Bills...

Ironic that you should say that.

2003 Draft...Pick #93, Chris Brown RB

Others:

2002 Draft...Pick #91, Brian Westbrook RB

2001 Draft...Pick #95, Jonas Jennings OT

Thoughts?

The Jets O-line was blocking for the legendary Kevin Barlow as a feature back and they made the playoffs....I'd take a good O-line over skill position players any day of the week

95 - Jonas Jennings

100 - Rudi Johnson

91 - Brian Westbrook

81 - Derrick Dockery

82 - Ricky Manning Jr

93 - Chris Brown

94 - Angelo Crowell

97 - Chris Simms

101 - Dominick Davis

111 - Terrence McGee

81 - Chris Cooley

90 - Matt Shaub

91 - Tony Hargrove

83 - Chris Henry

109 - Marion Barber

110 - Brandon Jacobs

79 - Jerius Norwood

105 - Ko Simpson

Thats just a quick list of people around that area. Note that these are the "sexy" name guys. There are only a handful of teams (other than the bills) that I could name 2 members of their O-Line, so undoubtably there are some good Linemen and 2nd tier players that I ommited from the above lists. But there are GOOD players that come out of that round. Interesting to note how many are current (or former) Bills...

Good post.

Time will tell. Right now, I think that the Ravens got a pretty good deal. They gave up just 13 points (based on the NFL draft value chart) more to get WM than the Jets gave up for Jones (and the Bears were ridiculed for that trade. They signed him to a pretty reasonable deal for an NFL RB. They had a very good team last year. The only questions they have are whether they can convince Ogdan not to retire and replace the linemen that they just let go.

??

The Bears were ridiculed by whom? Anyone whose opinion you trust? I mean, come on -- the Bears have a blue chip, top five-pick RB in Benson ready and raring to go. Do you really think they're less of a team because of that trade?

95 - Jonas Jennings

100 - Rudi Johnson

91 - Brian Westbrook

81 - Derrick Dockery

82 - Ricky Manning Jr

93 - Chris Brown

94 - Angelo Crowell

97 - Chris Simms

101 - Dominick Davis

111 - Terrence McGee

81 - Chris Cooley

90 - Matt Shaub

91 - Tony Hargrove

83 - Chris Henry

109 - Marion Barber

110 - Brandon Jacobs

79 - Jerius Norwood

105 - Ko Simpson

sure, it's easy for you to try to sway peoples' opinions with these so called facts but... nevermind