Bills Release Tutan Reyes

Also of note, on Chris Brown's blog on BB.com he says that Rhodes' flight into Buffalo was delayed, but that he did arrive in the afternoon. Says there doesnt appear to be anything "imminent" with Rhodes in terms of a signing.

Which means Rhodes will be a Bill by 5 :devil:

Good move. We have enough young line depth behind our projected starters that I don't see him filling in at all. I think our guard signing this year will have a slightly larger impact than last winter's guard signing.

I give Marv some credit here. Reyes was one of the biggest free agent signings we had last season. When he was not performing last season, rather than being stubborn and trying to insist that the signing was a good one, the team elected to move on without him after the bye week.

He sucked in all phases. I mean, it's not like Duke Preston can runblock and he's still on the team.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by the above Oz Man. Don't worry, it's probably me. :devil:

I wanted Reyes to make it. He is from Queens and is said to be active in the community. Simply put, he couldn't play. I suppose this is why Carolina drafted the kid from Alabama.

The whole situation tells me that it is always a good thing to draft blockers. Don't misunderstand; our left side looks pretty damn good, but imo it never hurts to have solid, young players ready in case of injury, etc. This is why I would prefer a highly touted rookie to keeping Gandy.

Jmo.

Marv is sending a message to his O linemen.....

You better run block or you are gone

And while I had no problem with Tuten's pass blocking you just cannot be a one dimensional OL on this team.....we need to be able to move the pile in the running game

But everybody claims that the RB danced and didn't hit the presented hole. If Reyes indeed was a good pass protector - a coveted skill - I'd think twice about canning him.

He should have been good for the Bills. However as they say, you can't measure heart.

I sense that if he really was any good, Fox wouldn't have let him walk, let alone drafted his replacement a year earlier.

Either way, it matters little now. Who do you think will line up at RG this season?