Bills Release Tutan Reyes

I would expect them to cut Gandy or is he an UFA and just won't be resigned ?

Gandy is an UFA, so no news is good news :devil:.

Right now we are Peters-Dockery-Fowler-Preston-Walker with Pennington, Butler, Merz, and Whittle as backups or competing to take a starting position, so I think that probably covers us pretty well for now :nana:.

I'm hoping Walker. If not him though, Butler.

McNally's philosophy is to get the best 5 on the field at the same time. The left side is set with Peters-Dockery-Fowler. Given the large contract, Walker fits in somewhere -- but it will depend on whether the team feels that he underachieved at RT for the Raiders last year and decides to put him there again this year -- or if they believe that he's a better fit at RG, given his propensity to get beat by outside speed rushers at the RT position last season. Assuming he plays RT, I think there will be an open competition at RG with Whittle, Preston, and possibly Butler fighting it out. If they see Walker as a better fit at RG, then look for Butler and Pennington to press for the starting RT position.

McNally's philosophy is to get the best 5 on the field at the same time. The left side is set with Peters-Dockery-Fowler. Given the large contract, Walker fits in somewhere -- but it will depend on whether the team feels that he underachieved at RT for the Raiders last year and decides to put him there again this year -- or if they believe that he's a better fit at RG, given his propensity to get beat by outside speed rushers at the RT position last season. Assuming he plays RT, I think there will be an open competition at RG with Whittle, Preston, and possibly Butler fighting it out. If they seem Walker as a better fit at RG, then look for Butler and Pennington to press for the starting RT position.

Yeah I'm not too thrilled with the prospect of Walker playing at RT, given his problem with speed rushers, hence the reason I hope he plays RG for the Bills. Maybe they can teach him better technique though. I don't know. I guess it's a matter of lining-them-up and seeing how it goes.

I sense that if he really was any good, Fox wouldn't have let him walk, let alone drafted his replacement a year earlier.

Either way, it matters little now. Who do you think will line up at RG this season?

My money is on Butler at RG. He was injured last year, so never really got in the mix at RT, but has been cleared to go and McNally is excited about what he will bring to the table this year. Plus, he has a reported nasty streak - perfect for this new line. We're gonna go out and knock the snot out of people this year :devil: