Willis to the Ravens?

The Ravens could be pursuing a trade for Willis McGahee.

Both the Baltimore Sun and Scout.com mention Tuesday that Baltimore's interest in McGahee is heating up. Jamal Lewis could be out of a starting gig, if true. The Bills are hosting Dominic Rhodes and Chris Brown Tuesday, possibly as a precursor to a deal. Mar. 6 - 2:53 pm et

hmmmmmm......

Both the Baltimore Sun and Scout.com mention Tuesday that Baltimore's interest in McGahee is heating up. Jamal Lewis could be out of a starting gig, if true. The Bills are hosting Dominic Rhodes and Chris Brown Tuesday, possibly as a precursor to a deal. Mar. 6 - 2:53 pm et

hmmmmmm......

What would we ask for in return?

Wasn't Jamal Lewis cut last week???

yes he was cut last week...but rumors i have read say he has been negotiating a new contract to be resigned with the Ravens.

as of yesterday however it seems those negotiations hit a snag. not sure if was dollars or length of contract.

the talk about McGahee might be just to motivate Lewis to resign at less than what he thinks his value is.

hmmmmmm......

Considering he had like 19 yards in the season finale (basically packed it in) I cant see what they see in him???

Stab him Ray!

Come on now.. We all know Ray had nothing to do with that crime. I suppose you think O.J. actually had something to do with those other murders? Even if he was there that night, I'm certain the guy slipped and fell into the knife.

Considering he had like 19 yards in the season finale (basically packed it in) I cant see what they see in him???

They see that not having to run against the Ravens D should improve his numbers and make him a 1000 yard back. :devil:

I remain on the record that I'm worried about losing an underrated (here on the wall at least) Willis without getting enough in return and forcing us to commit bigger resources to that position. If Marv can work something out that surprises me I am fine, but watching Willis go off for another team in his contract year while we have someone not as good and don't get to improve another position because of it doesn't add up for me.

They see that not having to run against the Ravens D should improve his numbers and make him a 1000 yard back. :devil:

I remain on the record that I'm worried about losing an underrated (here on the wall at least) Willis without getting enough in return and forcing us to commit bigger resources to that position. If Marv can work something out that surprises me I am fine, but watching Willis go off for another team in his contract year while we have someone not as good and don't get to improve another position because of it doesn't add up for me.

I hear ya. The thing is that I believe that Marv understands that he holds all of the cards in relation to Willis. That is, Willis is signed, cheap, in the final year of his contract -- and once he comprehends exactly what the Bills did over the weekend in terms of improving the run blocking, he will probably be highly motivated to return for 2007. Thus, The Bills are not desperate to trade him in the same manner that, say, the Bears were with Thomas Jones' contract demands and Cedric Benson already on the roster. If the team can get a fantastic trade offer for Willis, great. Otherwise, we're better off with him on the roster -- unless Marv and Dick simply do not want him on the team. And, if they feel that way, he'll be gone anyhow.

Why is it i find Marv is a great poker player and is two steps ahead of everyone else.

Let's face it folks...for someone with no GM experience, Marv certainly has a greater plan and knows what he is doing.

I'm sorry, but the very experienced Mr. Donohoe had no plan and just signed and drafted big names hoping it would fall together.

Going by the Trade Value Chart and using the Thomas Jones Bears/Jets trade as a guide:

http://www.gbnreport.com/tradevaluetable.html

Ravens and Bills switch picks 29 (Ravens 1st Rd) and 43 (Bills 2nd rd) = 140 points

Ravens give us a 4th round/#125 pick = 47 points

Total points = 187 pretty close to the Thomas deal.

Note: Bears and Jets switched picks in the second round which was 200 points on the trade value chart for Thomas Jones (mid-third is the comparison)

I think it's fair to say that Jones and McGahee are on the same level in terms of value. The Bills could then draft Lynch and Posluszny in the 1st round, or draft Patrick Willis and use the second to trade to San Diego for Turner (pending a long term deal of course). The first scenario is much cheaper for the Bills.

This would be a fair deal on both sides. I hope it gets done.

You took the words right out of my mouth

Going by the Trade Value Chart and using the Thomas Jones Bears/Jets trade as a guide:

Ravens and Bills switch picks 29 (Ravens 1st Rd) and 43 (Bills 2nd rd) = 140 points

Note: Bears and Jets switched picks in the second round which was 200 points on the trade value chart for Thomas Jones (mid-third is the comparison)

I think it's fair to say that Jones and McGahee are on the same level in terms of value. The Bills could then draft Lynch and Posluszny in the 1st round, or draft Patrick Willis and use the second to trade to San Diego for Turner (pending a long term deal of course). The first scenario is much cheaper for the Bills.

This would be a great strategy to acquire Turner if you don't have to surrender your original 1st and 3rd rounder. Get the Ravens 1st and 3rd rounders, give them our 2nd, 4th and McGahee and get Turner with the Ravens picks at the end of each round. Then the Bills still have their 1st and 3rd to get a LB and DT.

In that deal, I think they could possibly get Okoye and Willis. Not sure where the latest mocks have Willis going, but the ones I've seen are at the end of the 1st round. Which reminds me that if we only have our #12 pick and Marv is locked in on Willis, I can't wait to hear the backlash from the talking heads this year :devil: