Would you really rather Dominic Rhodes or Chris Brown...

rolly

Haven't posted here in quite sometime, but this thought kind of boggled my mind.

I, myself would much rather have mcgahee over rhodes or brown. Here's why:

1. I've been very critical of mcgahee in the past, but I think we need to see him behind this revamped o-line in order to truly judge his talents. I think we can all agree that mcgahee has ran behind nothing but mediocre to below-average lines during his tenure in buffalo.

2. Mcgahee knows the system here and there's no learning curve (which rhodes or brown would have to become accustomed to)

Bottom line, coming from one of the people most critical of mcgahee, I think the bills need to give him a shot in 2007 and see what happens.

Rhodes and Brown aren't replacements for McGahee. They would be a replacement for A-Train. Even if we traded McGahee, we would still pick up someone else to be the 1 guy, with Rhodes or Brown being the 1a, in the same vein that Rhodes was for Addai.

Rhodes and Brown aren't replacements for McGahee. They would be a replacement for A-Train. Even if we traded McGahee, we would still pick up someone else to be the 1 guy, with Rhodes or Brown being the 1a, in the same vein that Rhodes was for Addai.

:devil:

I agree with you but, in all due respect how do you know they're not replacements? I agree because I don't think either rhodes or brown are capable starters in this league, but unless you or I work for the front office, neither of us truly know what they're up to. Just judging by what some people are saying on this board about brown and rhodes coming in, I am refutting their points.

I agree with you but, in all due respect how do you know they're not replacements? I agree because I don't think either rhodes or brown are capable starters in this league, but unless you or I work for the front office, neither of us truly know what they're up to. Just judging by what some people are saying on this board about brown and rhodes coming in, I am refutting their points.

I highly doubt they are going to bring in either as a number 1. Brown can't stay healthy and Rhodes can shoulder the load for long. If we trade McGahee, we will pick up a new 1 RB either via trade or the draft. It is a possibility that a big name gets cut for cap room in June.

BTW, Jamal Lewis is old and rusted, not someone we want to add to our list here in Buffalo. Plus with all the drug trafficing up and down RT 5 and 20...we dont want him to pick up on any of that :devil:

I know because I have thrice weekly seance sessions with Tom Modrak via remote channeling. We both belong to our local chapters of the American Association for the Advancement of Psychic Mind Melding. Next question?

I know because I have thrice weekly seance sessions with Tom Modrak via remote channeling. We both belong to our local chapters of the American Association for the Advancement of Psychic Mind Melding. Next question?

Sweet. Thanks for reminding me why I don't really post on this forum anymore! :devil:

Willis > Rhodes > Brown.

But I agree these are 1a guys, and not the straight replacement for Willis. I still think Willis stays. His character issues are not bad enough that we get worse just to move him, and nobody is going to give us a deal that lets us be better in 2007 by trading Willis. I'm fully expecting to be surprised by some moves, but I'm definitely a Willis supporter right now.

Rhodes. He's quicker and can catch the ball. Brown is a solid RB but his upright running style leads to too many injuries.

my thoughts exactly, rhodes combined with either a rookie who can step right in and fill considerable time or the atrain would be my choice, with that said i think rhodes would want to much in a contract to justify a two back system. The two back system is coming back look at all the teams that used it nicely this year wouldn't mind having it here if we didn't have a true 25-30 carry guy!

my thoughts exactly, rhodes combined with either a rookie who can step right in and fill considerable time or the atrain would be my choice, with that said i think rhodes would want to much in a contract to justify a two back system. The two back system is coming back look at all the teams that used it nicely this year wouldn't mind having it here if we didn't have a true 25-30 carry guy!

you hit the nail on the head about rhodes wanting too much money to be a 1a. that is the big problem with him and the reason why it's probably not going to happen. but is someone going to pay him starter money to be the guy? Maybe, but that would be a big mistake imo.

I think that the Bills interviewing Dominic Rhodes is a waste of time. Mainly because Rhodes wants to be a starter, and he wo'nt be if he signs with the Bills.

and he won't be a starter wherever he signs (sans an injury to a starter) because he's not good enough to be an NFL starter.