langston walker at rt guard.....could iy happen?

first of all I like this signing. But this guy isn't the second coming of orlando pace. I think the coaches were high on Pennington, and If he makes serious strides (think J peters) could walker play RG?. I read some consider him a better guard than tackle anyways.

i know i, as well as viking gum boot and a few others, are in line with that thinking.

Peters-Dockery-Fowler-Walker-Pennington

is the way to go...

I wont mind that linup at all.

first of all I like this signing. But this guy isn't the second coming of orlando pace. I think the coaches were high on Pennington, and If he makes serious strides (think J peters) could walker play RG?. I read some consider him a better guard than tackle anyways.

The team is going to try Walker, Pennington & Butler at RT, once a winner is determined, the other two will battle Preston for the RG spot, with Merz & Whittle also in the RG mix. This is the deepest O-line we've had in a long time. There are currently 8 guys who have started in the NFL, 9 if you count the start Merz had last year.

If he does, figure you'll see a few more batted down passes, by the back of his head. I think the dudes like 6'8".

Seriously, although the guy might be capable of playing an interior position, his body shape (tall, long and "skinny") naturally leads itself to playing tackle (or D-Line).

i know i, as well as viking gum boot and a few others, are in line with that thinking.

Peters-Dockery-Fowler-Walker-Pennington

is the way to go...

that will be our line after the 1st get to know each other mini camp

Who ever wins right tackle will have to be very agile and quick, quick enough to catch DEs coming off the end and give JP confidence he can get to his tight end if need be. This is why I like Greg Olsen in the first.

The team is going to try Walker, Pennington & Butler at RT, once a winner is determined, the other two will battle Preston for the RG spot, with Merz & Whittle also in the RG mix. This is the deepest O-line we've had in a long time. There are currently 8 guys who have started in the NFL, 9 if you count the start Merz had last year.

I just can't see the Bills paying Walker that kind of cash to compete for a spot. I'm pretty sure they fully expect Walker to be starting.

As of now on buffalobills.com, Walker's listed as second string RT behind Pennington. I'm sure there will be plenty of reshuffling to see what combination is best on the right side.

Yeah, think of all the guard-tackle combos we could have on the right side:

Preston-Whittle

Preston-Walker

Preston-Butler

Preston-Pennington

Whittle-Walker

Whittle-Butler

Whittle-Pennington

Butler-Whittle

Butler-Walker

Butler-Pennington

Merz-Whittle

Merz-Walker

Merz-Butler

Merz-Pennington

Walker-Butler

Walker-Whittle

Walker-Pennington :blink:

And this is excluding Reyes, and anyone else who we acquire. Even if you were to assume Walker will start, there's still 7 different ways we could line up. Should be an interesting preseason.

Walker sure as hell better be starting at one of the positions you mentioned, if not he is the biggest waste of freaking money I have ever seen, at least Mike Williams was an unkown with high prospects when he was signed. Walker's body of work consists of being part of one of the worst lines in recent years.