If Wes Welker is worth 38 million over 6 years

ROCCEO

Its very scary to think about. He'll get at least what Andre Johnson got.

Anyhow, if Welker is worth that much, then we did not overpay for Dockery or Kelsay. Walker will remain to be seen. Also, Kelsay is at least as good as DeWayne White who signed for 5 years, 29 million with the Lions.

Well, here is a rough idea...

From KFFL

Texans | A. Johnson signs six-year extension

Sat, 3 Mar 2007 23:24:57 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of EPSN.com, reports Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson has signed a six-year contract extension with the team. The deal is worth $60 million and includes $15 million in guarantees. It is believed the new contract created more than $6 million in new 2007 cap room.

Well, here is a rough idea...

From KFFL

Texans | A. Johnson signs six-year extension

Sat, 3 Mar 2007 23:24:57 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of EPSN.com, reports Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson has signed a six-year contract extension with the team. The deal is worth $60 million and includes $15 million in guarantees. It is believed the new contract created more than $6 million in new 2007 cap room.

The Bills should offer something along the lines of that now to evans instead of waiting 2 more years where he'll be receiving in excess of 80 million. in the next 5-6 years contracts like the one nate clements got will become incresingly status quo and be considered a bargain, making it very difficult for smaller market teams to spend in free agency, making the draft of utmost importance.

I don`t even like to think about it or anybodyelse we have coming up. This could be what Ralphy is talking about. This money is getting unreal. These greedy agents are driving salaries through the roof and laughing on there way to the bank.How can a small market team survive at these prices. :cry:

Those numbers are inflated so agents can gloat about the deals they are getting. These players never see all that money. Clements deal say 8 years - $80M but you need only to look at the guaranteed money. I'm sure Clements will have to restructure his deal after about 3 years.

The Bills should offer something along the lines of that now to evans instead of waiting 2 more years where he'll be receiving in excess of 80 million. in the next 5-6 years contracts like the one nate clements got will become incresingly status quo and be considered a bargain, making it very difficult for smaller market teams to spend in free agency, making the draft of utmost importance.

The bills have paid quite of bit of signing bonus this year....straight from Ralphs wallet....I doubt Wilson will be willing to pony up another 15M in signing bonus this year.

We do need to lock up Lee now.

If Wes Welker is worth 38 million then Lee is worth a billion gajillion over infinity years.

Seriously, Welker has numbers of a solid #3 WR, amazes me that he's getting this much.

You discount Lee's ability I think...If he's worth a billion gajillion over infinity years, that means he's worth ~0 per year since:

1 billion gajillion/infinity approaches 0

These greedy agents are driving salaries through the roof and laughing on there way to the bank.How can a small market team survive at these prices. :blink:

It has nothing to do with "greedy agents", it has to do with the CBA which stipulates that the players must be given a certain percentage of the pie. The bigger the TV contracts, the bigger the total revenue and, hence, the bigger the contracts.

Is anybody really dumb enough to think Welker is getting that much money? It's a contract designed to have Miami not match, there is no way Wes sees anywhere close to 38 million.

Thanks Sherlock, you mean teams do things like that? Incredible!

Point being, the contract has 15 million in guarantees, now I would not guarantee Wes Welker 15 millino dollers even for a 8 year deal with it being a total lock that hed be healthy 100% of the time.

It still shows that the pricetag for top shelf WRs is going to be unpredictable. I bet that by next offseason, the contract signed by Andre Johnson will look like a relative bargain by the Texans.

You discount Lee's ability I think...If he's worth a billion gajillion over infinity years, that means he's worth ~0 per year since:

1 billion gajillion/infinity approaches 0

touche' mike 22nc

One question you should have asked yourself is how much is a 'gajillion'?

If 1 gajillion=12 jesus' then 1 a billion gajillion is 12 billion jesus'

How much are you willing to bet that a gajillion is also an infinite number.

gajillion loves me this I know, because my 6th grade eduction tells me so

Dolphins | Trade agreement reached for Welker

Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:05:53 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the New England Patriots have agreed to a trade with the Miami Dolphins for restricted free agent WR Wes Welker. The Patriots have already agreed to contract terms with the receiver, but rather then go through the motions required with restricted free agents, the team will instead acquire his rights from the Dolphins and then proceed to sign him. It is still unclear as to what the Dolphins will receive in the deal.

Dolphins | Trade agreement reached for Welker

Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:05:53 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the New England Patriots have agreed to a trade with the Miami Dolphins for restricted free agent WR Wes Welker. The Patriots have already agreed to contract terms with the receiver, but rather then go through the motions required with restricted free agents, the team will instead acquire his rights from the Dolphins and then proceed to sign him. It is still unclear as to what the Dolphins will receive in the deal.

Peter King is reporting a 2nd and a 7th.

Don't know why they wouldn't just sign him to a poison pilled offer sheet and give up only the 2nd. :rolleyes:

Peter King is reporting a 2nd and a 7th.

Don't know why they wouldn't just sign him to a poison pilled offer sheet and give up only the 2nd. :rolleyes:

Somebody pin this thread. HD just questioned a move by the Pats front office!