Just a little tidbit on Langston walker

ostlc77

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys this is my first post so hope its a good one....

I have been reading the recent posts on Walker and some think he was a mistake. Well I'm not so sure about that. While the Oakland Raiders did Have probably the worst o-line in the league, it was not due to the talent on the line which some may believe. Art Shell implemented blocking schemes that he used when he played. Shell shied away from the zone blocking schemes widely used by teams today, because of his unfamiliarity with the scheme. This lead to the faster d-lines out there to blow by the Raider o-line. Sure Walker gave up nearly 11 sacks, But Gallery gave up 10.5 and Sims gave up 8.5(I think). So my point is The WHOLE line was getting blown up, this is a direct result of a bad scheme and not bad talent. Also factor this in: The Raiders were on their 3rd o-line coach in 3 years(now 4th in 4 years). Thats not too good for stability on an offensive line. I'm willing to wait and see what walker pans out to be, he may just be exactly what we are looking for.

Nice post. Welcome to the board.

Wait. Watch. Judge.

Best post of the offseason.

Some video proof of Walker's offensive line play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAgOAv4HoXs <----Raider's lowlights.....

Langston is these video lowlights plays pretty well...compared to the rest of the stiff on that line....

I know...I know....this is a limited sample....

But i counted 18 sacks...and only saw one were Langston was beat...And that cuz Walter held onto the ball well to long.....

Thanks for the link. There was only one sack that came from the right side that MAYBE you could blame the RT and only because they didn't show the right side of the line the defender just pops on the screen and sacks the QB. They also showed some dropped balls on deep routes which mean the OL gave enough protection and time to make the throw. So from that clip Walker looks good to me. When you could see Walker clearly he always had his guy stood up and pushing his guy away from the QB.

Welcome to The Stadium Wall and thank you for a rational post.

Pay no attention to some of the grumpy fans on this site. It's late winter and many of these guys haven't seen a sunny day or a patch of green grass in a loooooooong time. (In fact, I vowed many years ago to never call friends/family back in WNY during late Feb/early March. It's just not worth it.)

As far as Walker goes... I'll have faith in how the Bills management assessed Walker and see how he pans out.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the link. There was only one sack that came from the right side that MAYBE you could blame the RT and only because they didn't show the right side of the line the defender just pops on the screen and sacks the QB. They also showed some dropped balls on deep routes which mean the OL gave enough protection and time to make the throw. So from that clip Walker looks good to me. When you could see Walker clearly he always had his guy stood up and pushing his guy away from the QB.

Yeah, I am cautious on this one, because raider fans seem to dispise him almost to a man. So I am inclined to think there is a reason. BUT, these clips do not show any problems with him. He looked okay here.

"Langston Walker is a useless sack of schit because you say so?"

No, because he has proven just that every time he has taken the field the past 4 years, whether that be at OG or ORT. However, in order to determine that, one has to understand the football one watches...

If what you say is true.....then why did Langston Walker start all 16 games?

I am just curious on what your answer is on that

Welcome ostlc. Great first post. You may post often!

I agree with other posters saying Walker will be better with McNally, Fairchild, the new line, a more modern blocking scheme, an offense based on quickness, etc., and would add that a good run game on 1st and 2nd down can make an o-line prevent sacks. Not true in Raiders country.

I love the line, "Bills fan trapped in Raiders home". All I can visualize is a silver-makeupped, black-costumed crone, bars on the windows, black and silver Home Depot walls, and a cardboard statue of Gallery over in the corner.

If what you say is true.....then why did Langston Walker start all 16 games?

I am just curious on what your answer is on that

Actually Hemet, if you read the whole thread no one said Langston was a piece of schit.It was taked out of context.Some fans get their blood pressure boiling so much in here,they read into things that aren`t really there for the sake of argueing.....after reading this,you`ll see what I mean.

Actually Hemet, if you read the whole thread no one said Langston was a piece of schit.It was taked out of context.Some fans get their blood pressure boiling so much in here,they read into things that aren`t really there for the sake of argueing.....after reading this,you`ll see what I mean.

J in H was referring to other threads that LaScarius was blathering in, like...

Simply equating size to run blocking is pathetic. Walker just flat out sukks, plain and simple. He is not a good run blocker. All he is is big. The guy is super stiff and should never have been offered more than the NFL minimum wage. To think the FO actually wants this guy to start is like hiring a hit man to beat up Losman.
and this gem...
Langston Walker is an absolute JOKE. The guy is as stiff as an 800 year old oak tree. Why in the world would we pay up for Walker when we have a better athlete in Pennington just beginning to get it down?

Some video proof of Walker's offensive line play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAgOAv4HoXs <----Raider's lowlights.....

Langston is these video lowlights plays pretty well...compared to the rest of the stiff on that line....

I know...I know....this is a limited sample....

But i counted 18 sacks...and only saw one were Langston was beat...And that cuz Walter held onto the ball well to long.....

How sad. Brought a tear to my eye. Reminscing about the time when the Bills were THAT bad. Good ol' Drew!

Welcome ostlc. Great first post. You may post often!

I agree with other posters saying Walker will be better with McNally, Fairchild, the new line, a more modern blocking scheme, an offense based on quickness, etc., and would add that a good run game on 1st and 2nd down can make an o-line prevent sacks. Not true in Raiders country.

I love the line, "Bills fan trapped in Raiders home". All I can visualize is a silver-makeupped, black-costumed crone, bars on the windows, black and silver Home Depot walls, and a cardboard statue of Gallery over in the corner.

LOL you just described my re-occurring dream. We'll see how he turns out. I think some people will change their minds when they see these sasqwatchs' come to the line of scrimmage.

Yeah, I am cautious on this one, because raider fans seem to dispise him almost to a man. So I am inclined to think there is a reason. BUT, these clips do not show any problems with him. He looked okay here.

I know it's a stretch. But just try for a brief second to "imagine" yourself a Raiderette fan.

Your team is coming off the past season's debacle, with the Offensive ship rudderless, aimless, and in a free fall.

How do you imagine you as a fan of that team could possibly think there were any positives to take from it.

Who the hell is their QB anyway? Their coach is in a ten year old time warp and their OC was in the Bed and Breakfast business for the past three years.

You'd probably want to chit-can the entire lot of 'em.

i.e., throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Now do the right thing and drive that foolish thought about being a Raiderette fan from your head.

On the count of three, you will awaken and remember nothing but good things.

One

Two

Three

And your point is what..... that:

Langston Walker is a useless sack of schit because you say so?

and/or

That any "reasoning" as to why a team's O-Line played poorly is merely an "excuse" and should not be considered in discussing a new player's potential strengths/weaknesses/future contribution to a team because this rational approach subordinates blanket generalizations and snap judgments in favor of reasoned examining of the issue from several perspectives?

and/or

That I don't know that the Bills have had in general subpar O-Lines over the last ten years?

and/or

That you are a grade A Mr. Smarty Pants and I have been pwned by your turning of the tables on me?

and/or

Why won't I tell you the information I've gleamed from being in a mind meld for ten years with the Bills O-Line coaches?

:cry: i was just curious what the excuse was.

I know it's a stretch. But just try for a brief second to "imagine" yourself a Raiderette fan.

Your team is coming off the past season's debacle, with the Offensive ship rudderless, aimless, and in a free fall.

How do you imagine you as a fan of that team could possibly think there were any positives to take from it.

Who the hell is their QB anyway? Their coach is in a ten year old time warp and their OC was in the Bed and Breakfast business for the past three years.

You'd probably want to chit-can the entire lot of 'em.

i.e., throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Now do the right thing and drive that foolish thought about being a Raiderette fan from your head.

On the count of three, you will awaken and remember nothing but good things.

One

Two

Three

Would the good things include the 41-17 drubbing of the Bills in 2005 ?