Clements signs with 49ers, 8 years $80M

Peter

I wish we could have kept him, but I am really, really glad we didn't pay that much for him.

Of course, it is an 8-year contract, which means there is no way he will ever play the whole thing out.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So says the scroll on NFL Network.

The report is being attributed to Adam Schefter.

Good. The thought of him in a Deadskins uniform made me ill. I can't stand Snyder and his monopoly money tactics. Good luck and thanks for the memories, Nate.

Thank God we didn't sign him for that much. He's a great player, but jesus.

jesus?

No! He is worth more than money.

Nate is a very good player just hope Marv's hex does not get him like back in the good old days when he was coach. N Odames, Ballard, ....can't remember them all but sure enough most all got hurt and/or flopped except W Wolford!

Thank God we didn't sign him for that much. He's a great player, but jesus.

jesus?

No! He is worth more than money.

Nate is a very good player just hope Marv's hex does not get him like back in the good old days when he was coach. N Odames, Ballard, ....can't remember them all but sure enough most all got hurt and/or flopped except W Wolford!

If I were Champ Bailey or Chris McAllister I would be holding out for more money now, since they are better than he is.

It has been a foregone conclusion that someone would really break the bank with this new larger-than-life salary cap. I guess that someone is Nate and the Niners. Now, how does it affect the rest of the league? It is not really good for us since we need a corner now.

Good. The thought of him in a Deadskins uniform made me ill. I can't stand Snyder and his monopoly money tactics. Good luck and thanks for the memories, Nate.

8 years

Foreskins are feeling a cap pinch. After they cut some players they're looking at being around $9M under the cap

But now

Pay later

Win never

It has been a foregone conclusion that someone would really break the bank with this new larger-than-life salary cap. I guess that someone is Nate and the Niners. Now, how does it affect the rest of the league? It is not really good for us since we need a corner now.

I'll take the tradeoff. Beefed up line vs. a CB who was full of baloney for most of his tenure as a Bill. If there is anything the Bills are good at it is drafting CBs. (I don't want a 1st rounder this time around, though) Probable MLB in first

Wow, that's outrageous for a player that's barely in the top five at his position.

John Clayton said that whatever contract Clements signs that he'd be worth every penny. I don't know how many pennies make up 10 million a season and I could be out on a limb here, but I don't think that 4 interceptions and a touchdown return per season adds up to worth every penny status.

I guess that San Francisco forgot what got them in trouble and into the "cap hell" years. I can't believe that Nate Clements is now the highest paid player in NFL history! That's just silly!

I can't stop shaking my head in disbelief...Nate Clements? :P

$80M - $22 Guaranteed

Highest paid Defensive player in NFL history! :P

San Fran is an expensive city you know.

Good for Nate. He's a good football player and worked hard to put himself in a great position. However, you don't win championships with cornerbacks.

Wow, that's outrageous for a player that's barely in the top five at his position.

John Clayton said that whatever contract Clements signs that he'd be worth every penny. I don't know how many pennies make up 10 million a season and I could be out on a limb here, but I don't think that 4 interceptions and a touchdown return per season adds up to worth every penny status.

I guess that San Francisco forgot what got them in trouble and into the "cap hell" years. I can't believe that Nate Clements is now the highest paid player in NFL history! That's just silly!

I can't stop shaking my head in disbelief...Nate Clements? :lol:

1,000,000,000 pennies :P