CV and Bowen cut

Dan III

no suprise about villarrial. I know Bowen got injured last year, but a little suprised they didnt keep him around we dont really have much depth at either safety position.

When Jim Leonhard got playing time last year -- I think they saw what they wanted.

Surprised Tutan Reyes is not on this list.

I love this move, out with the old, in with the new.

As for Bowen, I always hated that signing.

Jim Leonard, surprisingly(i cannot emphasize this word enough) looked like ar espectable NFL backup last year in limited action(ie: the jets game).

Even if we're only moving laterally, at least its not backwards.

Bowen was a bit of a suprise to me. What little I saw of him, he looked like a capable spot starter, and decent backup. It may be to sign him for less... but I don't see that as Marv's style...

CV I'm pleased to see go. Decent when healthy, but we can't count on him anymore. We need all the stability we can get.

Bowen was a bit of a suprise to me. What little I saw of him, he looked like a capable spot starter, and decent backup. It may be to sign him for less... but I don't see that as Marv's style...

CV I'm pleased to see go. Decent when healthy, but we can't count on him anymore. We need all the stability we can get.

Why in the world would we keep Bowen? He was only signed in the first place because we had a rookie back there. Now that Donte has a year under his belt, Bowen's a relatively expensive veteran who would be riding pine if he were here. Makes sense to me.

Why in the world would we keep Bowen? He was only signed in the first place because we had a rookie back there. Now that Donte has a year under his belt, Bowen's a relatively expensive veteran who would be riding pine if he were here. Makes sense to me.

Bowen was signed before the drafting of Whitner. Bowen was a ST player and that is what forced them to sign him to a contract. The injury killed his chances of being here and once Whitner whetted his feet in the NFL, there was no way for Bowen to get into the playing XI.

Bowen was signed before the drafting of Whitner. Bowen was a ST player and that is what forced them to sign him to a contract. The injury killed his chances of being here and once Whitner whetted his feet in the NFL, there was no way for Bowen to get into the playing XI.

I refuse to let facts get in the way of a strong opinion. :worthy:

Well, which one?

I hope you're kidding...

I liked Matt Bowen- at the very least his blog on bb.com was entertaining, seemed like a fun-going locker room guy with a solid head on his shoulders. As for his playing ability and worth to the Bills...who knows. It just seems like he would have been a fun team mate. I think one of his blogs even detailed how he tried to start a book club during training camp...