With all this Draft Talk

I was just wondering which teams draft the best and worst the last couple years (beyond the obvious choices)

Best : San Diego With all the draft deals they pulled with manning and getting shawn merriman and LT for Vick, this organization has been flawless come draft day

Honorable Mention: Dolphins: that trade for culpepper made me happy :blink:

Worst: Detroit: even i think Matt Millian should be fired :devil:

Honorable Mention: Oakland Randy Moss is gonna be traded for at best a 3rd rounder, oakland gave up alot for him. Gallery has been a dissapointment. No QB/No RB No offense

Thoughts?

I was just wondering which teams draft the best and worst the last couple years (beyond the obvious choices)

Best : San Diego With all the draft deals they pulled with manning and getting shawn merriman and LT for Vick, this organization has been flawless come draft day

Honorable Mention: Dolphins: that trade for culpepper made me happy :blink:

Worst: Detroit: even i think Matt Millian should be fired :devil:

Honorable Mention: Oakland Randy Moss is gonna be traded for at best a 3rd rounder, oakland gave up alot for him. Gallery has been a dissapointment. No QB/No RB No offense

Thoughts?

Pittsburgh is great on draft day. always willing to trade up or down to get value. Traded up to get Polamalu and Kendrell Bell.

Baltimore is pretty good draft day. Terrell Suggs was a steal i think at #8 a couple years back.

I'd hate to say it, but one of the best teams that draft is the New England Patriots. They always get value for their picks, and their scouting department is phenomenal. After the 2000 draft in which they got Brady, Theyve Picked the following starters

2001 Richard Seymour and Matt Light

2002 Daniel Graham and Deion Branch

2003 Ty Warren, Eugene Wilson, Asante Samuel, Dan Koppen

2004 Vince Wilfork and Ben Watson

2005 Logan Mankins, Ellis Hobbs, and Nick Kaczur

2006 Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson, David Thomas and Stephen Gostkowski

Their Drafts get better over the years and all of these guys have contributed to the Pats success over the years, a good front office is the key to success in this league. Their mid-round picks such as Samuel, Light and Kaczur shows that the way to build a succesful team is in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds. And while they have lost some guys like graham and branch, they got a 1st rounder in return this year for deion. Unfortunately I don't see their draft luck running out anytime soon.

Now on the other side of the coin I would have to put two teams The Detroit Lions, for obvious reasons and the Washington Redskins. Daniel Snyder still has yet to grasp that you actually need to build through the draft. In 2003 and 2004 combined they only had 7 draft picks, and only one first rounder (Sean Taylor). They only have four picks this year and after the 1st round, they dont have one until the fifth. This is one of the main reasons why I do not feel the redskins have been at all succesful in the past several years, with the exception of 2 seasons ago.

Cleveland hands down. (I used to live there when Modell fled, so I still root for 'em)

Bad luck and bad drafting. Extremely poor drafting for the whole time since their rebirth. (Dwight Clark was terrible)

I've admired Pittsburghs drafting. Philly's done well too.

Since I loathe Oakland and Al Davis I've really admired their pathetic drafts. I suppose Detroit has also earned a horrible mention as well with it's consistant bottom-feeder draft despite spectacularly hight draft choices.

I'd hate to say it, but one of the best teams that draft is the New England Patriots. They always get value for their picks, and their scouting department is phenomenal. After the 2000 draft in which they got Brady, Theyve Picked the following starters

2001 Richard Seymour and Matt Light

2002 Daniel Graham and Deion Branch

2003 Ty Warren, Eugene Wilson, Asante Samuel, Dan Koppen

2004 Vince Wilfork and Ben Watson

2005 Logan Mankins, Ellis Hobbs, and Nick Kaczur

2006 Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson, David Thomas and Stephen Gostkowski

Their Drafts get better over the years and all of these guys have contributed to the Pats success over the years, a good front office is the key to success in this league. Their mid-round picks such as Samuel, Light and Kaczur shows that the way to build a succesful team is in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds. And while they have lost some guys like graham and branch, they got a 1st rounder in return this year for deion. Unfortunately I don't see their draft luck running out anytime soon.

One of my best friends is a Pats fan...I am so sick of hearing about the genius of the Patriots.