NFL Live says:....

OCinBuffalo

Just saw it - I was amazed that they actually devoted significant time to the Bills. I think we already know this, but just in case you missed it: Sean Salisbury has named JP "most improved offensive player of the year". He also said: "JP has explosive ability. A guy with his ability just has to make sure of the little things. You take that explosive ability and JP has the potential to be not just good but a star in this league."(pretty close on that quote)

I guess I will have to change my signature.

They also said that we are sure to take Leon Hall(CB Michigan). :thumbsup: Since we are losing Clements and since Hall ran a 4.39 40 at the combine,(I guess speed was a question since he apparently got burned deep a few times last season - they said 4.39 answers that question), they are saying that we will take him. Of course, this is ESPN, and we all know their track record on predictions. They think Okoye won't be there at #12 so we will go for the best CB in the draft.

They also said, contrary to some opinions here, that we are not the team that will be most affected by FA. I guess we are a close second. Apparently, the Ravens will be hit worse.

Finally, ESPN says that the best FA this year is Nate Clements and that he will command ridiculous money - no news there.

Just saw it - I was amazed that they actually devoted significant time to the Bills. I think we already know this, but just in case you missed it: Sean Salisbury has named JP "most improved offensive player of the year". He also said: "JP has explosive ability. A guy with his ability just has to make sure of the little things. You take that explosive ability and JP has the potential to be not just good but a star in this league."(pretty close on that quote)

They also said that we are sure to take Leon Hall(CB Michigan). :thumbsup: Since we are losing Clements and since Hall ran a 4.39 40 at the combine,(I guess speed was a question since he apparently got burned deep a few times last season - they said 4.39 answers that question), they are saying that we will take him. Of course, this is ESPN, and we all know their track record on predictions. They think Okoye won't be there at #12 so we will go for the best CB in the draft.

They also said, contrary to some opinions here, that we are not the team that will be most affected by FA. I guess we are a close second. Apparently, the Ravens will be hit worse.

Finally, ESPN says that the best FA this year is Nate Clements and that he will command ridiculous money - no news there.

I saw it too. I don't think we will go after Hall. I think Okoye is still the guys we will get. He was originally projected to go to the 49ers but I heard they just resigned one of their DT to a 1 year deal. I think we get Okoye. I and the significant amount of time thing. They've been doing that for every team for the past 11 shows now. They're going team by team.

I just dont think that a we take a corner with so many question marks like Hall with such a high pick.....

To me all signs point to Okoye....

- Fits a need.....can rush the passer but is also good against the run.....to be perfectly honest I would like to see McCargo and Okoye phase out Tripplet....I was just not impressed at all with him last year.

- Character guy....team leader

- A ton of upside....but has already played well.

He seems worthy of the 12th pick

I could care less about straight line speed wearing shorts and a tee shirt. Im sure hall is fast enough doing that. My biggest issue with Leon Hall is he'd too often get duked on the double move and his ability to recover left something to be desired. He also played too far off the wr in an effort to make up for his inability to cover deep, giving up a lot of catches underneath. He may be cut out for the zone scheme more so then a man to man corner, but I'd much rather see the front 7 improved instead of drafting another corner to see him leave after his rookie contract expires. Okoye or Willis offer much better value then at 12 then any corner in the draft.

I could care less about straight line speed wearing shorts and a tee shirt. Im sure hall is fast enough doing that. My biggest issue with Leon Hall is he'd too often get duked on the double move and his ability to recover left something to be desired. He also played too far off the wr in an effort to make up for his inability to cover deep, giving up a lot of catches underneath. He may be cut out for the zone scheme more so then a man to man corner, but I'd much rather see the front 7 improved instead of drafting another corner to see him leave after his rookie contract expires. Okoye or Willis offer much better value then at 12 then any corner in the draft.

There is definetlyy more value also because after the first two DT'S there is a big drop-off while on the other hand there seems to be several similar DB's with a similar grade. So take the DT and you could likely get a quality DB in round 2.

These announcers sit there making hundreds of thousands of dollars just to say that the Bills will draft a 1st round corner in 07. I should be a multi-millionaire. :unsure:

If they had any guts or work ethic, they would be predicting which 1st round corner we draft in 08.

I just dont think that a we take a corner with so many question marks like Hall with such a high pick.....

To me all signs point to Okoye....

- Fits a need.....can rush the passer but is also good against the run.....to be perfectly honest I would like to see McCargo and Okoye phase out Tripplet....I was just not impressed at all with him last year.

- Character guy....team leader

- A ton of upside....but has already played well.

He seems worthy of the 12th pick

Ah, John, I seldom disagree with ya - of course this topic is sooo much conjecture and trying to predict Marv has been, to say the least, difficult.

But - pending free agency - I cannot see the Bills going D in round 1 after going almost 70% defense last year and already committing this year's 5th to defense (Hargrove). I see the Bills going OT, WR or TE (Levi Brown, Ted GinnJr., Greg Olsen). Okoye IS intriguing and I can also see the Bills going Leon Hall or the top LB on the board, BUT - IMO a defensive selection would mean that, in their opinion, that particular player should have been long gone by pick 12.

I believe the Bills HAVE to give JP some weapons other than Lee Evans THIS year - via the draft (or may FA)

my 2 cents...

I think it will be the colts...They have something like 9 FA that will be hard for them to re-sign starting with Rhodes, Harper, Cato Junes, Freeney...

I think losing Clements will throw a wrench in the plans but Jonathan Wade of Tennessee is as fast as Hall and will probably be available to us in the second round. That leaves us picking the remainder of the Okoye Branch Willis trio at our first pick. Any of the three will be an immediate starter in a place of need and worthy of the pick. I could live with Blaylock as well, but a lot of folk would disagree that he fits in with the first three.

I think losing Clements will throw a wrench in the plans but Jonathan Wade of Tennessee is as fast as Hall and will probably be available to us in the second round. That leaves us picking the remainder of the Okoye Branch Willis trio at our first pick. Any of the three will be an immediate starter in a place of need and worthy of the pick. I could live with Blaylock as well, but a lot of folk would disagree that he fits in with the first three.

I love Tennessee and there is no doubt Wade is fast---he's a national level NCAA /Olympic caliber sprinter. He's most likely faster than Hall, but I wonder if he has the football tools to consistently succeed as a starting corner in the NFL. Regardless, I agree with your first round trio of targets. My hope is Okoye.

The bills have known now for more than 12 months that they are going to lose Clements to FA as they don't want to pay his asking rate. (Otherwise, we would have stuck a long term deal last year). This team (Marv, Jauron, Modrak) I am sure has had an alternate plan to cope with his loss for a year...I think their idea was to get Youbouty introduced to NFL last season and get him ready to take the mantle this year. Unfortunately his mothers death and his difficulty in overcoming the loss took that year away. If the Bills are still high on Youbouty but feel that he still needs time are going to plug in a veteran CB for a year or two and get Youbouty prepared to take the spot eventually.

The bills have known now for more than 12 months that they are going to lose Clements to FA as they don't want to pay his asking rate. (Otherwise, we would have stuck a long term deal last year). This team (Marv, Jauron, Modrak) I am sure has had an alternate plan to cope with his loss for a year...I think their idea was to get Youbouty introduced to NFL last season and get him ready to take the mantle this year. Unfortunately his mothers death and his difficulty in overcoming the loss took that year away. If the Bills are still high on Youbouty but feel that he still needs time are going to plug in a veteran CB for a year or two and get Youbouty prepared to take the spot eventually.

I agree with this. They just might pluck an experienced second-tier CB from FA. I don't believe they will draft OKoye as Marv is satisfied with McCargo and Williams...both who will get bigger and stronger. I think we draft Patrick Willis or a RB if Willis is gone. I think we get a guard in FA as well...but not the two honchos. We will draft something like this (always changing) based on Marv's comments: RB/MLB/OT/CB/FB/TE

We will not take Patrick Willis. Bank on it. We need a vet in that middle to call the defensive alignments. My take with the Coy Wire re-signing is that Crowell will move back to the MLB spot where he played his college ball, wire or ellison on the outside, with spikes moving back to Crowells old spot on the weak side.

I see CB or RB with this first pick.

We will not take Patrick Willis. Bank on it. We need a vet in that middle to call the defensive alignments. My take with the Coy Wire re-signing is that Crowell will move back to the MLB spot where he played his college ball, wire or ellison on the outside, with spikes moving back to Crowells old spot on the weak side.

so what you are saying right here is that our LB-core is better off with Wire as our OLB than with Willis as our MLB...

ok... :thumbsup:

leon hall didn't impress me. how is he better than reggie nelson? how is he better than chris houston? those are the first two names that rolled off the top of my head.

How is he better then reggie nelson? well, 1st of all, he's a cornerback, unlike reggie nelson. Second, nelson had a terrible combine and they say he could even be a 2nd round pick now.

Chris Houston is fast....JD Williams was fast.