So, how did Ellen do last night?

Beerball

I forgot all about the Oscars. :lol: Was Ellen even remotely funny? Any female presenters make out together? Best evening gown? Person who should not have worn an evening gown? Commercials?

Any one memorable moment ala "you like me, you really like me"?

I learned on the morning radio, that they keep track of the audience for what are called "reaction shots".

Jack Nicholson won that, with 11.

You had me, until this line...trust me, I loathe Melissa Etheridge as much as anyone (I think of her as the lesbian version of equally untalented Sammy Hagar), and I think Beyone is as hot as they come...however, I thought Beyonce and Hudsons' number, in true Holywood/contemporary music fashion, was overdone, noisey, and, awful...why do all of the "great singers" of today have to scream, instead of sing...and why the friggin' gospel chorus to bring everything home...at least there is no pretense that Etheridge is a great singer...

I didn't see their number as overdone or noisy. I liked it quite a bit, in fact, and while the gospel chorus was a bit over the top, it was nowhere near as over-the-top as the little environmental messages being displayed behind Etheridge during her number. I kept waiting for a message to pop up saying "Oh, and by the way, Al Gore's 20-room 10,000-sq.ft.-house in Tennessee uses more energy in a month than the average consumer uses in an entire year...but let's all drive a Prius." :lol:

I didn't see their number as overdone or noisy. I liked it quite a bit, in fact, and while the gospel chorus was a bit over the top, it was nowhere near as over-the-top as the little environmental messages being displayed behind Etheridge during her number. I kept waiting for a message to pop up saying "Oh, and by the way, Al Gore's 20-room 10,000-sq.ft.-house in Tennessee uses more energy in a month than the average consumer uses in an entire year...but let's all drive a Prius." :lol:

Yeah, I guess I was talking more about the music. I know these people can sing, but why do the have to over-emote so much? Thats' all I am saying...it seems to be the "American Idol" effect...although I am sure it has been going on longer...whatever happened to good R & B?

As for Etheridge, she is bloody awful...but, the messages behind her were a tie-in with the movie, and the point the movie was trying to make....

And did they ever explain how the Oscars have gone GREEN.

I was wondering that myself ? what was powering all of those lights and camera's ? Maybe because no animals were hurt in the production of the show.

Someone in the group I was with said they heard the limos were hybrids. So my question was how much energy was consumed to build those limos that will NEVER be used again.

I thought Ellen's opening monologue was bland, but I laughed when she gave the script to Martin Scorcese & had Steven Spielberg take the picture of her and Clint Eastwood. I prefer the hosts when they just try to get the show moving and not over do it. Overall I thought Ellen did a fine job and I would'nt mind seeing her hosting the Oscars again. Still I like Billy Crystal the most, and Steve Martin was very good when he was there a couple of times. John Stewart & Chris Rock were big mistakes and should never be there again.

As far as who looked the best, I would have to say that Cate Blanchett was absolutely stunning. http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/photos/phot...id=73&pos=4

Also Emily Blunt was very beautiful in blue. http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/photos/phot...d=73&pos=14

I was thrilled the most when Alan Arkin won best supporting actor.

I was puzzled by "An Inconvenient Truth" winning best original song. I guess politically themed songs outweigh songs that are actually entertaining.

Best speech IMO was by Ennio Marcone, when he received an honorary Oscar for his score work over the years. His most famous score has to be from "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly". It was great to have Clint Eastwood there to translate for the audience.

But what chance do people like Hudson and Beyonce' have against a lesbian version of Bob Seger, singing the same song she's been singing for years but with different lyrics to fit in with Al Gore's Powerpoint presentation?

Hey hey. I take offense to that.

Bob Seger has two songs.