FSU College Republicans offer new scholarship

Ramius

The FSU College Republicans are offering a new scholarship for next school year. To receive the scholarship, you must be at least 75% Caucasian heritage, and with your application you must submit an essay on "Why Affirmative Action is bad for society."

There are a lot of people down here in support of this new scholarship, and hopefully it wont get nixed by some whining liberals or minorities. Now i am off to find out if grad students are eligible for it. I could definitely use the money.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The FSU College Republicans are offering a new scholarship for next school year. To receive the scholarship, you must be at least 75% Caucasian heritage, and with your application you must submit an essay on "Why Affirmative Action is bad for society."

There are a lot of people down here in support of this new scholarship, and hopefully it wont get nixed by some whining liberals or minorities. Now i am off to find out if grad students are eligible for it. I could definitely use the money.

Ah yes, once again my state of birth does me proud :blink:

To what? The United Negro College Fund?

Newsflash: There are more poor white people in this country than any other minority. Apparently, poverty knows no race, creed, or religion.

Indeed. Apparently a black mind is a more terrible thing to waste than a white one.

To what? The United Negro College Fund?

Newsflash: There are more poor white people in this country than any other minority. Apparently, poverty knows no race, creed, or religion.

I'm just saying, its akin to winning a year's worth of hot dogs by writing an essay on how bad hot dogs are for your health.

Not true...a scholarship program is to benefit the financial aspects of attending college. The AA program is to assist with the admissions process.

Ok, I get that.

Just askin, tho - does AA give scholarships as well? I never really thought of AA as very good answer to our societies' race problems.

Tell us...whats wrong with such a program?

I don't care about the giving ofa scholorship. Just the whole affirmative action portion. Since I grew up in Florida, I listened to a bunch of arrogant white sourthern males who complained about AA, but yet they were racist. They didn't seem to get they are the reason why AA exists.

Funny, but I am yet to meet a College Republican that is against college welfare.

Pell Grants, Stafford loans, or the most commie of all, the Federal Work Study Program where the

Federal government pays for 75% of the time spent turning on automatic sprinklers and other demanding jobs.

It's time for them to crack the real issues and sign the pledge to reject these welfare programs.

:blink:

I have no problem with this program. AA had its place but I think is dated. But why are not these College Republicans in the military? Are they lacking in patriotism? They wanted the war so bad

I have no problem with this program. AA had its place but I think is dated. But why are not these College Republicans in the military? Are they lacking in patriotism? They wanted the war so bad

because...and try to wrap your little goldfish mind around this...not all republicans are psycho crazy right wing conservatives. Just like not all dems are psycho crazy left wing liberals...

and heres something thats really going to twist your panties...i am a registered dem, but i support some of the things that republicans (and the FSU college republicans) stand for.

because...and try to wrap your little goldfish mind around this...not all republicans are psycho crazy right wing conservatives. Just like not all dems are psycho crazy left wing liberals...

and heres something thats really going to twist your panties...i am a registered dem, but i support some of the things that republicans (and the FSU college republicans) stand for.

What a stupid reply. You don't have to be a psycho to join the military in time of war and these College Republicans supporting this, BTW, do sound like wack jobs. And cowards

Where did it say that "they wanted war so bad"? :blink:

Sorry I joined this debate late but it's plain and simple, the highlighted section of the requirement makes it racist.

Please save all of the whiney "but they do it too" arguments for someone who cares. The thread is about this particular scholarship, not about anything else that is done in the name of affirmative action.

PS; Just to answer the inevitable questions, anytime any program open to the general public excludes people based on race, sex, religion, and/or sexual orientation, that program is racist/sexist and wrong.

Sorry I joined this debate late but it's plain and simple, the highlighted section of the requirement makes it racist.

Please save all of the whiney "but they do it too" arguments for someone who cares. The thread is about this particular scholarship, not about anything else that is done in the name of affirmative action.

PS; Just to answer the inevitable questions, anytime any program open to the general public excludes people based on race, sex, religion, and/or sexual orientation, that program is racist/sexist and wrong.

So then the UNCF is a racist organization?

Got it.

Which basically means that certain types of racism are more acceptable in this country than others.

Which is what I like about this scholarship; it pointedly highlights the hypocrisy.