I for one applaud the Bills' brass for taking a stance

Tipster19

Marv has preached since day one on what he wants to build and establish for a team. Looking to move out MaGahee now accomplishes two things. First, an average RB who could really care that he plays for us is unacceptable. Secondly, retain some kind of compensation before Willis and his super agent tells us to stick it. I wouldn't be surprise that if come draft day we still have Willis and we can obtain a blue chip RB with our first pick, Marv accepts a late 2nd rd (Giants?) or a early 3rd rder. Enough is enough, boot this idiot while we can still get something for him.

Unfortunately, the reality is this: we would be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him, and when we end up getting a 3rd for him, most of the people here will gleefully rip Marv a new one for getting so little in return.

Marv has preached since day one on what he wants to build and establish for a team. Looking to move out MaGahee now accomplishes two things. First, an average RB who could really care that he plays for us is unacceptable. Secondly, retain some kind of compensation before Willis and his super agent tells us to stick it. I wouldn't be surprise that if come draft day we still have Willis and we can obtain a blue chip RB with our first pick, Marv accepts a late 2nd rd (Giants?) or a early 3rd rder. Enough is enough, boot this idiot while we can still get something for him.

Where in the article did it mention that Buffalo was ACTIVE? It mentioned the Giants' interest but Buffalo's weren't discussed at all.

Unfortunately, the reality is this: we would be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him, and when we end up getting a 3rd for him, most of the people here will gleefully rip Marv a new one for getting so little in return.

i dont know about you guys but i would be content with a third. heck id even be happy with a fourth. running backs in the draft are fickle. you can get a probowler/famer late in the draft. even if we settle for a free agent id rather have any one of these guys over his self loathing, underachieving tail..

dominic rhodes (dui? i dont care if he can run)

corey dillon (still a couple years in the tank at his high level)

thomas jones (you saw him carry the bears with the shaky at best grossssman)

ladell betts (do the redskins even have a dollar left to resign him?)

Where in the article did it mention that Buffalo was ACTIVE? It mentioned the Giants' interest but Buffalo's weren't discussed at all.

if you read the espn article it states that espn has talked with GM's from around the league and they say basically that buffalo is using the combine to let everyone know mcgahee is on the market. Get him out of town Marv!!!

if you read the espn article it states that espn has talked with GM's from around the league and they say basically that buffalo is using the combine to let everyone know mcgahee is on the market. Get him out of town Marv!!!

Ladell Betts re-signed with Washington late in the season.

If our best Free Agent options are Ahman Green, Correll Buckhalter, Anthony Thomas, and Dominic Rhodes, you've got to wonder who we'd have lined up behind the QB in September.

While McGahee isn't elite, he's better than the aforementioned options. If you trade him for a pick, you're creating another hole to fill and depleting the offense. It'd be nice to have Turner, but he's going to go only for a 1st, or a 1st and a 3rd, depeding on the tender he receives from SD

Ladell Betts re-signed with Washington late in the season.

If our best Free Agent options are Ahman Green, Correll Buckhalter, Anthony Thomas, and Dominic Rhodes, you've got to wonder who we'd have lined up behind the QB in September.

While McGahee isn't elite, he's better than the aforementioned options. If you trade him for a pick, you're creating another hole to fill and depleting the offense. It'd be nice to have Turner, but he's going to go only for a 1st, or a 1st and a 3rd, depeding on the tender he receives from SD

have you seen dominic rhodes run? he runs with a head of steam. he hits the holes and gets downfield whereas mcgahee dances at the line and seems more tentative at times and lacks the speed dominic has. im sure some of that is a result of a mediocre o-line in buffalo. i like turner too though.

have you seen dominic rhodes run? he runs with a head of steam. he hits the holes and gets downfield whereas mcgahee dances at the line and seems more tentative at times and lacks the speed dominic has. im sure some of that is a result of a mediocre o-line in buffalo. i like turner too though.

Dominic Rhodes has exactaly 1 100 yard rushing game this years superbowl, since the 02 season when he had his last 100 yard game. Rhodes is another complimentary guy. Some of you guys are reaching. Chris Brown, Rhodes. I like Michael Turner but again he's been a backup to the best rb in the league. Hardly enough evidence to support giving up a 1st or 3rd rd draft pick.

Does this mean we will have someone that can pick up that 1 yard on 4th and 1??? :worthy:

Usually a FB performs those duties. Blame our OC and FB and maybe the OL about the 4th and 1 situation. I don't think it's fair or good football logic to throw Willis under the bus for coming up short on 3rd and short.

i dont know about you guys but i would be content with a third. heck id even be happy with a fourth. running backs in the draft are fickle. you can get a probowler/famer late in the draft. even if we settle for a free agent id rather have any one of these guys over his self loathing, underachieving tail..

dominic rhodes (dui? i dont care if he can run)

corey dillon (still a couple years in the tank at his high level)

thomas jones (you saw him carry the bears with the shaky at best grossssman)

ladell betts (do the redskins even have a dollar left to resign him?)

Dominic Rhodes!?! Not a starter

Corey Dillion !?! Old, not a starter, plus he's a D**k

Thomas Jones, Over-rated

Ladell Betts- Nah

Willis is better than 3 of them and as good as Jones

so do we trade willis for a 3rd, then trade our 1st and 3rd to move up and grab Peterson if he's there? or if not, we take Hunt in the 2nd, or trade down a bit, pick up ANOTHER 3rd rounder and pick up Hunt or Bush later?

its all a little far fetched and im a fan of just staying put and drafting your guys, BUT i like these options as well. and anything is possible on draft day.

i mostly like this whole thing because being traded when you dont ask for it is scary to players. it picks up and shifts your whole life and shows that they actually have ZERO control if it comes down to it.

and if the new regime wants to make an example to our new, young guys and say "look, you can either completely buy into the Buffalo Bills and what it means to be a Bill... or we can send you off whenever we want for a draft pick" - im all for it.

so do we trade willis for a 3rd, then trade our 1st and 3rd to move up and grab Peterson if he's there? or if not, we take Hunt in the 2nd, or trade down a bit, pick up ANOTHER 3rd rounder and pick up Hunt or Bush later?

its all a little far fetched and im a fan of just staying put and drafting your guys, BUT i like these options as well. and anything is possible on draft day.

i mostly like this whole thing because being traded when you dont ask for it is scary to players. it picks up and shifts your whole life and shows that they actually have ZERO control if it comes down to it.

and if the new regime wants to make an example to our new, young guys and say "look, you can either completely buy into the Buffalo Bills and what it means to be a Bill... or we can send you off whenever we want for a draft pick" - im all for it.

I like the idea of the Bills getting guys who chances are won't be found in the police report and can play solid football. Willis is no choirboy and it seems the Bills might be willing to part with his services. Still, he's no Pacman and giving up a starting RB who has shown with the proper motivation and offensive line help that he can be an above average RB for a pick makes little sense. I hope Marv weighs that when he considers something like this.

If we go with a RB early on draft day, we're ignoring the O and D Lines. Everyone knows the game is won at the line of scrimmage and we've been weak there for awhile now. It would be a luxury to draft a RB in round 1 or 2, but it's not mandatory.

But I've got no problem with dealing Willis if you've got someone capable of starting. Free Agency offers little and outside of Michael Turner in RFA coming from SD for a 3rd, there's no one out there with NFL experience I'd like to see here.

Most of them (Ahman Green, Dominic Rhodes, Correll Buckhalter, Chris Brown, etc) aren't starter grade.

but if we end up with an extra 3rd even and we can go dline and oline 3 out of 4 picks on the first day... and dedicate just one of the first 2 on a RB, i think we could be alright...

the real problem comes in with letting Nate walk, which is inevitable, we have to go CB on day 1 as well... i dont know.