Spikes will be back

mattypro89

He has to have an excellent offseason. He is a hard working guy with the potential to be a true leader for the defence. With Fletcher gone. jurons not gonna want to lose all of his veterans. I dont belive he was ever even close to 100% last year from the akelies (i cant spell ) thing. So i say that if he heals up and gets back into his old form this offseason, which he wiillll!!!!!, then hell be back playing for the Bills.

The interesting thing I think is that TKO worked too hard last off-season because of his intense commitment to want to be back Day 1. As Marv suggested in the press conference, it was likely the overwork that he did trying to force himself back to his old form which may well have led to having nagging injuries like the hammy strain which cost him a few games. While he shouldn't simply sit around the house, i hope he takes it easier on himself this off-season.

The interesting thing I think is that TKO worked too hard last off-season because of his intense commitment to want to be back Day 1. As Marv suggested in the press conference, it was likely the overwork that he did trying to force himself back to his old form which may well have led to having nagging injuries like the hammy strain which cost him a few games. While he shouldn't simply sit around the house, i hope he takes it easier on himself this off-season.

Great point. I saw the same thing in Spikes that you saw. He did come on later in the season. I think the speculation about him not being as good this year is groundless. Let's see what happens in training camp/pre-season, but I don't think we'll end up surprised when he gets back to original form.

I can't believe I going to say this but I think it's time to part ways with TKO. He's getting old and he not the same player like he was before the injury. We do have a great replacement for him in Crowell, who showed that after Spikes got injured he could play his position and play it well. We also have great talent to replace Spike in Ellison. Ellison, I think, is just like Crowell. He a good tackler and is very talented. I believe we will be fine if we release Spike.

Where's your loyalty people?

I can't believe I going to say this but I think it's time to part ways with TKO. He's getting old and he not the same player like he was before the injury. We do have a great replacement for him in Crowell, who showed that after Spikes got injured he could play his position and play it well. We also have great talent to replace Spike in Ellison. Ellison, I think, is just like Crowell. He a good tackler and is very talented. I believe we will be fine if we release Spike.

Where's your loyalty people?

I don't understand your post.

Go back to preparing for the TBD fantasy baseball draft!

:lol:

He has to have an excellent offseason. He is a hard working guy with the potential to be a true leader for the defence. With Fletcher gone. jurons not gonna want to lose all of his veterans. I dont belive he was ever even close to 100% last year from the akelies (i cant spell ) thing. So i say that if he heals up and gets back into his old form this offseason, which he wiillll!!!!!, then hell be back playing for the Bills.

Somewhere in the Phillipines, the Bears are the Super Bowl Champions and Takeo is "Bigger, Stronger and Faster".

Somewhere in the Phillipines, the Bears are the Super Bowl Champions and Takeo is "Bigger, Stronger and Faster".

you dont have to be bigger stronger or faster, but smarter. He got smarted from not being able to play up to his usual par. so when he does get back, kind of like he did late in the season, hell be better than ever.

Because of the type of injury I think we just have to give Takeo the benefit of the doubt going into this season.....

Besides...Crowell cant take over for Spikes because we need him to move to the ILB spot vacated by London Fletcher......

I really hope Ellison gets a little bigger this offseason.....while I thought he played well he is REALLY small for a linebacker.....it seemed to me like Coy Wire and him had practically the same biulds....

The guy I would watch out for is Josh Stamer

I firmly believe TKO will be better at the start of training camp this fall than he was at any point in 2007. It remains to be seen if he can ever get back to where he was, but I think starting an off season healthy and being able to work all off season beats the heck out of starting the off season in an immobilizer boot and not doing full workouts until late in camp. Many injuries like this also have you able to play 1 year later, but not yourself until two years later. It could be something he never recovers from, but I'm an optimist, and think he will be a starter for us in 2007 and much better than he was this season. Sure beats the alternative...

I firmly believe TKO will be better at the start of training camp this fall than he was at any point in 2007. It remains to be seen if he can ever get back to where he was, but I think starting an off season healthy and being able to work all off season beats the heck out of starting the off season in an immobilizer boot and not doing full workouts until late in camp. Many injuries like this also have you able to play 1 year later, but not yourself until two years later. It could be something he never recovers from, but I'm an optimist, and think he will be a starter for us in 2007 and much better than he was this season. Sure beats the alternative...

I think it is also important to state that a 90 percent Takeo is probably better then anyone we would bring in free agency or draft........even if he doesnt come back to full form

Because of the type of injury I think we just have to give Takeo the benefit of the doubt going into this season.....

Besides...Crowell cant take over for Spikes because we need him to move to the ILB spot vacated by London Fletcher......

I really hope Ellison gets a little bigger this offseason.....while I thought he played well he is REALLY small for a linebacker.....it seemed to me like Coy Wire and him had practically the same biulds....

The guy I would watch out for is Josh Stamer

Hmmm....I think Stamer is a good special teamer but Ellison is a much better fit in our defense.

Ellison would start over Stamer IMHO.

I myself just dont see it.....we are already going to lose probably 3 starting veterans from this defense.....

You cannot lose ALL of your vets and hold the team together......a team cannot be just made of young talent....there have to be leaders on the field as well......

Takeo is respected by his peers besides being a awesome linebacker (if he can return to form).....I think letting him go this year would be a mistake for a mutitude of reasons.....

If you say so. But I firmly believe Spikes is gone.

I think Marv is right that TKO is a big concern, but I think folks are jumping to a bif conclusion to assume this legitimate concern means he is gone. John from H has it right that 90% of the old TKO is better than basically all of what is a pretty weak crop of rookies in this years draft (no one thinks any of the LBs are top 10 players and in fact the Bills could likely trade down a few spots and still pick the first LB taken and the favorite of some fans Willis to replace TKO has seen his stock drop like a stone since he struggled in pass coverage at the Senior Bowl.

The Bills simply have questions across the board with their LBs as both TKO and Crowell are coming back from injuries (Stamer as well) and it looks like we may have to tag Fletch if we want him to stay. KC's Mitchell appears to be the only vet MLB in FA.

I think we kee[ TKO because we have to.

Spikes is our most expensive player under contract in 2007 at about $6.5 mill.

I think we'd only free up around $4.5 if he were cut. He's signed through 2008.

London earned $5.9 last year and his contract's up.

Would you rather cut both and have an extra $4.5 mill to spend and another hole to fill, or keep TKO and use L F-B's $5.9 mill to sign some other players?

I think it is also important to state that a 90 percent Takeo is probably better then anyone we would bring in free agency or draft........even if he doesnt come back to full form

100% Agreed, this guy just flat out makes game changing plays when he is on the field. A sign he is in the right place at the right time more often than not. Shows he puts in time during the film study. He is an asset to the team, ands would be completely shocked if they let him go with the cap situation we are in.

Thats a really good point, i dont see us releasing him especiially if we are going to have 30 mil in cap room, hes fine for a year or two, he may not the same player but hes better than what we could get

I disagree John. I think that the extra 10% is what seperated TKO from run of the mill, or even below average LBs.

Don't get me wrong, I think that he deserves another serious look to see if he comes back to form, especially on the Bills. If Ralph saved money on TKO's contract, where exactly would he spend it?

I disagree John. I think that the extra 10% is what seperated TKO from run of the mill, or even below average LBs.

Don't get me wrong, I think that he deserves another serious look to see if he comes back to form, especially on the Bills. If Ralph saved money on TKO's contract, where exactly would he spend it?

All in all reality makes a big difference here and in response to Nanker's what would you prefer question above. I think all Bill's fan would prefer the obvious to keep or cut TKO and/or Fletch to produce the best result for the team in terms of W/L.

What this reality actually is only a higher being knows for sure and the Bills' docs cannt be sure but certainly know a lot better than me, you, or anyone on TSW.

Given that the medical staff made the correct call on WM's massive knee trauma, I certainly am willing to give the braintrust the benefit of the doubt in terms of making a judgment on whether to keep TKO or not based on whether they think he can recover.

The good news for Bills fans is that if the docs judge a comeback as physically possible is TKO works hard and is committed then he showed he has the drive to do this..

My sense is that there appears to be no real replacement at MLB available to the Bills from FA, or the draft and that internal team development would involve moving Crowell inside and then trigger filling his hole with actually a larger potential pool of reasonable OLB candidates from FA (Adalius Thomas is my favorite) or the draft (Timmons or Poluszny). The internal development move may work, but it involves enough variables that I would prefer not to do it.

With the expansion of the salary cap, neither paying TKO his salary if the docs judge it physically possible for him to come back (given advances in modern medicine I think he probably can but reality will tell) nor tagging Fletch seems like a bad idea to me. Of the two tagging Fletch seems more important.

I would tag F-B rather than sign a long-term deal with him as he is on the wrong side of 30 and it is cheaper for us likely to do it this way if we are doing cash to cap accounting. Word is he will likely require an $8-10 million bonus to resign him long-term and if our accounting is cash to cap it is cheaper to tag him.

If we take this course, drafting his heir apparent is more important and right now Willis may even drop to the 2nd round and if so he may be a player worth picking to train since I do not think he can produce well enough as a rookie to merit making him the MLB starter. We have to many fish to fry to spend our 1st on a player who merely sits and learns for the most part this year, but it becomes tempting if we are talking about our 2nd choice.