Leonard Davis hits free agency

dfwbillsfan

IT WOULD BE A GOOD MOVE!!!!!!!!

I'm not so sure Jason. I am ready to believe that he is better than Gandy, but this says incredibly little. Not only that, the free agent crop is SO thin that he will command huge dollars.

Plenty of teams (including the Bills with Ruben Brown) have plugged in rookies that have done a good job at OG. I would rather see an early round, promising draft pick than another fat, overpaid Longhorn.

OK guys, here is a little a local info about L. Davis.

There is a reason Davis isn't being Tagged or re-signed by the Cards. The guy is really NO GOOD. He is a Cancer in the locker room. He is lazy POS who has under-achieved here from day one. He couldnt play tackle, so the Cards were forced to play him at OG so it wasn't a "wasted" pick. AT OG he was a "Mammoth road grader type" who couldn't open up holes in the run game. He couldn't protect the QB. And he couldn't be bothered to care.

take football out of this. Have you guys ever worked with someone who totally didn't care what ANYONE said about them? Mgm't, co-workers, or friends? All they did was show up. They dont care about getting better, or about the results of their job? all they want to do is to work their 8 hours and collect their paycheck? THAT is Leonard Davis. No heart. No Passion. Million dollar ability and a $.10 head.

I have watched him since he was drafted, and I can't wait for him to be gone. If he comes to Buffalo, we will regret it in a HUGE way.

I would rather have Mike Williams back. Seriously.

I'm not so sure Jason. I am ready to believe that he is better than Gandy, but this says incredibly little. Not only that, the free agent crop is SO thin that he will command huge dollars.

Plenty of teams (including the Bills with Ruben Brown) have plugged in rookies that have done a good job at OG. I would rather see an early round, promising draft pick than another fat, overpaid Longhorn.

Oh how unkind, Bill.

But after thinking about it for 2.5 miliseconds... no, not really. :blink::blink::wallbash:

BTW 2.5 miliseconds is about the time remaining in Mike Williams' NFL career.

a pretty good guard who could play either tackle if you were desperate- will not be bull rushed- has more trouble with quickness- the problem is, he's worth pretty good guard money but someone is going to offer him big LT money- which he is not worth, because even though he's one of the most imposing looking football player you'll ever see, he is neither overly athletic or motivated.

Great post.

I lived in Arizona at the time when Dave McGinnis and the Cardinal brain trust drafted Leonard Davis. I knew he'd be a bust and I think pretty much everyone thought the same thing.

When are coaches going to get over the "size is everything" when it comes to offensive line.

Davis has a bad back and it's probably because he's overweight.

The Cardinals could have had LT and they needed a running back.

OK guys, here is a little a local info about L. Davis.

There is a reason Davis isn't being Tagged or re-signed by the Cards. The guy is really NO GOOD. He is a Cancer in the locker room. He is lazy POS who has under-achieved here from day one. He couldnt play tackle, so the Cards were forced to play him at OG so it wasn't a "wasted" pick. AT OG he was a "Mammoth road grader type" who couldn't open up holes in the run game. He couldn't protect the QB. And he couldn't be bothered to care.

take football out of this. Have you guys ever worked with someone who totally didn't care what ANYONE said about them? Mgm't, co-workers, or friends? All they did was show up. They dont care about getting better, or about the results of their job? all they want to do is to work their 8 hours and collect their paycheck? THAT is Leonard Davis. No heart. No Passion. Million dollar ability and a $.10 head.

I have watched him since he was drafted, and I can't wait for him to be gone. If he comes to Buffalo, we will regret it in a HUGE way.

I would rather have Mike Williams back. Seriously.

Wow, a texas lineman who doesnt give 2 ***** about playing football with any heart? where have i heard that before?

Just say NO to texas linemen.

Have you guys ever worked with someone who totally didn't care what ANYONE said about them? Mgm't, co-workers, or friends? All they did was show up. They dont care about getting better, or about the results of their job? all they want to do is to work their 8 hours and collect their paycheck?

Sure...I worked for a college for three years. :rolleyes:

Doesn't sound like a Marv guy.

Note these posts on the this Arizona site: http://www.azcentral.com/phorum/read.php?10000,644117,page=1

"Good luck LD, The fact that Wisenhunt and Grimm are passing on you when the entire leauge knows we need O-linemen and we have the most cap space is going to be a very bad negoitiating tool for you...Your never are going to see 12 million a year"

"That kind of money is out of line for what he brings energy wise. With that body he should dominate and probably will at guard for someone else"

"Bottom line, besides Big's @#$%& he's not worth 12 million a year. It was smart to see what kind of year he would have before he was offered the big bucks. He had a lackluster year full of mistakes you see from rookies instead of a 6 year pro. One interesting stat: the Cards are the biggest team in the NFL in avg weight, while the two lowest are the Bears and Colts. Speed is better factor for success over bulk"

"Davis was the False-Start King. It certainly didn't help that he played out of position for the last six years but now he'll make left tackle money in free agency so good for him"

From what I saw Davis had too many total "whiffs" where rushers came untouched.

NO MORE FALSE START PENALTIES!!! WOO HOO!!!

"LD is a very good Guard or a decent NFL linemen. But when you start talking 10-12 million dollars a year, thats where you need to be a difference maker and LD is not a difference maker. "

Good Riddance. Nothing but a Hummer body with a VW engine for motivation. He can bog down someone else's schemes next year. There will be plenty of Free Agents and hungry draft picks more than able to produce better than Big (Bust) ever did.

After watching LD these last few years he hasn't gotten any better he has no foot speed and can't grasp the pro off line blocking scheme.

there are a few simple rules that can get you thru life pretty unscathed. one of them is DONT SIGN PLAYERS THAT PLAYED FOR THE CARDINALS.

Like Larry Centers??? So, if players like Dansby, Boldin, and Fitzgerald (just to name a few) were available you'd ignore them because they played for the Cardinals? That's blatantly ignorant...I'm glad you're not the Bills' GM.

Like Larry Centers??? So, if players like Dansby, Boldin, and Fitzgerald (just to name a few) were available you'd ignore them because they played for the Cardinals? That's blatantly ignorant...I'm glad you're not the Bills' GM.

no kidding its ignorant. thats why its half a joke and half serious.

and seriously, yes i would pass up guys like Fitzgerald and Boldin just to stick to that rule so we are not burnt by players like LJ Shelton and Leonard Davis.

Im aware its a prejudicial rule. but like i said, you'll be safe more times than lose out on a good player.

no kidding its ignorant. thats why its half a joke and half serious.

and seriously, yes i would pass up guys like Fitzgerald and Boldin just to stick to that rule so we are not burnt by players like LJ Shelton and Leonard Davis.

Im aware its a prejudicial rule. but like i said, you'll be safe more times than lose out on a good player.

There's no indication that you were making a "half joke" but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You're point is taken but I disagree with it. Just because a player is stuck in a lousy organization does not make him a lousy player. By your definition, you should include the Bills with Arizona so we are not "burnt" by players like Erik Flowers and Mike Williams.

There's no indication that you were making a "half joke" but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You're point is taken but I disagree with it. Just because a player is stuck in a lousy organization does not make him a lousy player. By your definition, you should include the Bills with Arizona so we are not "burnt" by players like Erik Flowers and Mike Williams.

i promise to smiley appropriately from now on :devil::rolleyes: